Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

What do you do with Val's old knickers?

I would hope he puts them to good use by wearing them on the outside of his trousers when going into the village or town. Makes me smile just thinking about the looks he'd get.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

No school for Mildred tomorrow (Monday). Just about to post, go round to her driver, pay him his 500 baht and tell him she's off tomorrow.

I can't help myself:
Get his phone number and Mrs Owl can impart the important details. I've never known a Thai to turn down the opportunity to call someone on a mobile.

Plus when he drops Mildred off at home that's the chance to pay him. Or do you go out as an excuse to look for totty, as Mrs Owl has accused you in the past? I see more time in the shed looming.

Edited by bluesofa
misprit
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Oops, clicked badly.

Hey Owl, those pillars didn't go in very deep. Less than half a metre?

When the guesthouse was built on my GF's land, this is what it looked like in the beginning.

Maybe the difference is you don't have earthquakes in Issan? We sure as hell have them around Chiang Rai.

IMG20170303093558.jpg

IMG20170305071119.jpg

I agree. Not too deep at all.

248984275_liftposts08..png.9a770173c3b7a6b38a5dd952c79afcd1.png,

About 40 cm I reckon.

52721734_liftposts09..png.72984330067e130042fc8bbc202f5251.png 

That ground was only made up 10 days ago. Plenty of time for some subsidence.

Don't get earthquakes. Plenty of very strong winds though.

• Like 1

Just now, oldhippy said:

I can assure you that I don't use TOT in Madeira.

I understand that, am only saying that the majority of TVF posters currently in Thailand who use TOT are suffering the 522 issue while I haven’t seen a report of any of the DTAC, True, AIS etc users with the same problem.

Obviously there are operators outside of Thailand , who combined with the TVF site, are suffering the same.

TVF need to find the common denominator for this issue, shouldn’t be too difficult as it happened overnight so something must have changed .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I thought it was a clever play on words and I would have claimed it as such.

A lot of this humour goes over my head. I'm just not sophisticated enough to enjoy Thai funnies.

Scottie John was the master of the pun and play on words. What happened to him?

Lots of fires last night.

411187507_lotsoffires.png.43588adc9e2bc0254b7d85d5269b6e74.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

A lot of this humour goes over my head. I'm just not sophisticated enough to enjoy Thai funnies.

Can you give us a clue regarding the fires? What happened?

5 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Can you give us a clue regarding the fires? What happened?

Farmers burning of stubble. At least three different farms.

Don't think they should do it in the dark.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Farmers burning of stubble. At least three different farms.

Don't think they should do it in the dark.

Right, thanks for explaining that.

Isn't stubble burning illegal now? Surely by burning the stubble at night there's no chance of being caught, as everyone in law enforcement is tucked up in bed.

Btw: 'law enforcement' - an oxymoron in Thailand, as we all know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, owl sees all said:

ScottieJohn had a set too with TVF management during the fiasco that was POTY 2019 and took his bat and ball home ????

He tried to get back into the swing in early last year but his heart wasn’t in it any more and he faded away, last visited about 4 months ago.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

The general consensus ( from the TVF sleuths ) is that users of TOT are suffering the 522 issue, only on TVF,  while others, True, AIS etc , are not.

Just an update 522 error seems to have been rectified for the time being ad hopefully last log than the last rectification.If not then I'll have to implement my own Wrecked flicked vacation.

• Like 1

On 01/02/2021 at 12:57 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

ScottieJohn had a set too with TVF management during the fiasco that was POTY 2019 and took his bat and ball home ????

He tried to get back into the swing in early last year but his heart wasn’t in it any more and he faded away, last visited about 4 months ago.

Andrew, do you remember the poster who won POTY a few years back, an American who spent part of his youth in Central or South America. He had his own writing style, Jack Kerouac meets Hunter Thompson meets Henry Miller. Lots of stories, mainly involving young women. He posted regularly on the 60s music thread, he was living in Suphanburi with some woman, I gathered he wasn't in the best of health. I just realized he hasn't posted for months. What was his name?