Firestick or Roku? Amazon or Lazada?

giddyup

I don't have any experience with either device, they both seem to have their advantages. If bought from Amazon they work out at around $40-50 delivered, bought from Lazada about $30-40 more, but no worries about customs or getting "lost" in the post. Any owners who have experience with both?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, giddyup said:

Ended up buying a Roku Express from Amazon for $40 delivered.

Which Amazon store website did you use?

No problems with Thai Customs?

I don't ever want to use Lazada again, but need to find a good online shopping alternative.

15 hours ago, johng said:

There may be customs problems , to "import the equipment" you're supposed to have a licence !  :w00t:  :cheesy:  ????

setop box law 35.PDF 35.44 kB · 0 downloads

1421110651_lazadaprohibiteditem.jpg.058a5825cd223f238e047434aad0d71e.jpg

In the past 2 years I have purchased 4 Android TV Boxes with no issues. Most were delivered within 7-10 days by UPS.

Amazon has an agreement with Thai Customs to collect all fees in advance. The price you pay is a guaranteed delivered price.

Example:

If you buy the $45.00 Roku you will pay the following.

Price:

$44.99 + $18.08 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to Thailand

You will pay no additional charges.

On 11/18/2019 at 5:42 PM, giddyup said:

Ended up buying a Roku Express from Amazon for $40 delivered.

The Roku Express is under $40. therefore there are no Customs fees. You should have paid the following:

Shipping & Fee Details
Price        $23.99
AmazonGlobal Shipping    +    $8.98
Estimated Import Fees Deposit    +    $0.00 

$32.97 Delivered

https://www.amazon.com/Roku-Express-powerful-Streaming-Renewed/dp/B0779JLSB1/ref=sr_1_1?crid=27L67EQHC1PX8&keywords=firestickstick+4k&qid=1574208100&sprefix=firestick%2Caps%2C411&sr=8-1

31 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

In the past 2 years I have purchased 4 Android TV Boxes with no issues. Most were delivered within 7-10 days by UPS.

Amazon has an agreement with Thai Customs to collect all fees in advance. The price you pay is a guaranteed delivered price.

Example:

If you buy the $45.00 Roku you will pay the following.

Price:

$44.99 + $18.08 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to Thailand

You will pay no additional charges.

I paid $27 for the Roku and $13 postage.

30 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

The Roku Express is under $40. therefore there are no Customs fees. You should have paid the following:

Shipping & Fee Details
Price        $23.99
AmazonGlobal Shipping    +    $8.98
Estimated Import Fees Deposit    +    $0.00 

$32.97 Delivered

https://www.amazon.com/Roku-Express-powerful-Streaming-Renewed/dp/B0779JLSB1/ref=sr_1_1?crid=27L67EQHC1PX8&keywords=firestickstick+4k&qid=1574208100&sprefix=firestick%2Caps%2C411&sr=8-1

I paid $27 for the Roku and $13 postage. That postage is calculated automatically, and the price for the Roku was the cheapest I could find for new, used were $23.99.

25 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I paid $27 for the Roku and $13 postage. That postage is calculated automatically, and the price for the Roku was the cheapest I could find for new, used were $23.99.

I understand.  I meant to use the above pricing as an example.

17 hours ago, johng said:

There may be customs problems , to "import the equipment" you're supposed to have a licence !  :w00t:  :cheesy:  ????

setop box law 35.PDF 35.44 kB · 1 download

1421110651_lazadaprohibiteditem.jpg.058a5825cd223f238e047434aad0d71e.jpg

It appears the store being ordered from was outside of Thailand and apparently did not have the required license to import (an Expat friend here in Pattaya used to import, program, and sell an android TV box from China - I bought my first one from him - he ceased doing so when Thailand imposed the licensing requirement).

I have bought both an Android TV box and an Amazon Fire Stick through Lazada - in both cases, the stores selling the items were in Bangkok and they had already been imported.  No problems.

2 minutes ago, soisanuk said:

It appears the store being ordered from was outside of Thailand and apparently did not have the required license to import (an Expat friend here in Pattaya used to import, program, and sell an android TV box from China - I bought my first one from him - he ceased doing so when Thailand imposed the licensing requirement).

I have bought both an Android TV box and an Amazon Fire Stick through Lazada - in both cases, the stores selling the items were in Bangkok and they had already been imported.  No problems.

I would have bought my Roku through Lazada, but there is a A$40 difference in price from Amazon.

1 minute ago, soisanuk said:

It appears the store being ordered from was outside of Thailand

Yes that's correct  ...there was only one Thai based store selling those USB DVB-TV sticks   lots from China and slightly cheaper so ordered from China, no good ...did eventually get one from the Thai store.

my experience orden somethink stuff amazon and lazada have lot ewery month orden somethink and not use newer again amazon. have big <deleted>, usa prices, super expence, no shipping to thailand, shipping cost 30 $ parts 70$ super expensive shipping anywere. prices have ower price lot, if normal many hundre internet shop have parts 30$ amazon sell same chinese parts 150$ normal amazon all cost 5-7x more than anywere other shop. no thanks newer again <deleted> shop. lazada i use ewery week or month, somethink stuff in home. kitchen,bedroom,tools. cheapen than many other shop and fast delivery to home. manytime some parts has cheapen lazada than aliexpress, but ali i has try orden many cheap tools but newer no can buy because no working payment system newer. no visa, only visa debit i used internet shop. no newer full visa used, not safe. and thailand i no have visa ,tyhai bank no give falang visa credit card, maybe if have many million in account but normal human have only some thousand in account only, maybe maximum have account visa money not newer more. normal humans not have rich, only thiefs and criminals have true rich.

2 hours ago, finnishmen said:

my experience orden somethink stuff amazon and lazada have lot ewery month orden somethink and not use newer again amazon. have big <deleted>, usa prices, super expence, no shipping to thailand, shipping cost 30 $ parts 70$ super expensive shipping anywere. prices have ower price lot, if normal many hundre internet shop have parts 30$ amazon sell same chinese parts 150$ normal amazon all cost 5-7x more than anywere other shop. no thanks newer again <deleted> shop. lazada i use ewery week or month, somethink stuff in home. kitchen,bedroom,tools. cheapen than many other shop and fast delivery to home. manytime some parts has cheapen lazada than aliexpress, but ali i has try orden many cheap tools but newer no can buy because no working payment system newer. no visa, only visa debit i used internet shop. no newer full visa used, not safe. and thailand i no have visa ,tyhai bank no give falang visa credit card, maybe if have many million in account but normal human have only some thousand in account only, maybe maximum have account visa money not newer more. normal humans not have rich, only thiefs and criminals have true rich.

Doesn't compute, I guess this is Google Translate?

8 hours ago, giddyup said:

I would have bought my Roku through Lazada, but there is a A$40 difference in price from Amazon.

Yep, ive pretty much given up on buying stuff from within Thailand unless I need it ASAP. 

Most everything is imported and if you buy from within Thailand, you're paying a middle man. 

The West > Customs > End User = Cheaper

The West > Customs > Reseller > End User = Way more expensive. 

15 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Yep, ive pretty much given up on buying stuff from within Thailand unless I need it ASAP. 

Most everything is imported and if you buy from within Thailand, you're paying a middle man. 

The West > Customs > End User = Cheaper

The West > Customs > Reseller > End User = Way more expensive. 

What is killing it for Amazon sometimes is the shipping. It's way more expensive if the item is heavy or bulky. 

10 hours ago, Tayaout said:

What is killing it for Amazon sometimes is the shipping. It's way more expensive if the item is heavy or bulky. 

Still cost more buying from a reseller in Thailand unless they import by the shipping container load but that's easy enough to check by the pricing of the item.

13 hours ago, Tayaout said:

Amazon has new lower shipping rates to Thailand.  A TV box will cost about $8.00 for 7-10 day delivery via UPS. 

I find the cost acceptable knowing I'm getting 100% real products from Amazon.

Archived