Jump to content

Firestick or Roku? Amazon or Lazada?


Recommended Posts

I don't have any experience with either device, they both seem to have their advantages. If bought from Amazon they work out at around $40-50 delivered, bought from Lazada about $30-40 more, but no worries about customs or getting "lost" in the post. Any owners who have experience with both?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It appears the store being ordered from was outside of Thailand and apparently did not have the required license to import (an Expat friend here in Pattaya used to import, program, and sell an android

Good article for general info but not Thailand specific. I've used Firesticks for years now and am really keen on them.   https://www.pcmag.com/roundup/313411/the-best-media-streaming-device

I don't use Amazon Global shipping and instead use a reshipper because... --I have access to the entire Amazon online inventory, not just the smaller selection that somehow are approved for inter

Posted Images

19 hours ago, giddyup said:

Ended up buying a Roku Express from Amazon for $40 delivered.

Which Amazon store website did you use?

No problems with Thai Customs?

 

I don't ever want to use Lazada again, but need to find a good online shopping alternative.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Encid said:

Which Amazon store website did you use?

No problems with Thai Customs?

 

I don't ever want to use Lazada again, but need to find a good online shopping alternative.

Only bought it yesterday, so will see if have a customs problem or not. https://www.amazon.com/

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, johng said:

There may be customs problems , to "import the equipment" you're supposed to have a licence !  :w00t:  :cheesy:  👎

setop box law 35.PDF 35.44 kB · 0 downloads

 

1421110651_lazadaprohibiteditem.jpg.058a5825cd223f238e047434aad0d71e.jpg

In the past 2 years I have purchased 4 Android TV Boxes with no issues. Most were delivered within 7-10 days by UPS.

Amazon has an agreement with Thai Customs to collect all fees in advance. The price you pay is a guaranteed delivered price.

Example:

If you buy the $45.00 Roku you will pay the following.

Price:

$44.99 + $18.08 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to Thailand

You will pay no additional charges.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2019 at 5:42 PM, giddyup said:

Ended up buying a Roku Express from Amazon for $40 delivered.

The Roku Express is under $40. therefore there are no Customs fees. You should have paid the following:

 

Shipping & Fee Details
Price        $23.99
AmazonGlobal Shipping    +    $8.98
Estimated Import Fees Deposit    +    $0.00 

$32.97 Delivered

 

https://www.amazon.com/Roku-Express-powerful-Streaming-Renewed/dp/B0779JLSB1/ref=sr_1_1?crid=27L67EQHC1PX8&keywords=firestickstick+4k&qid=1574208100&sprefix=firestick%2Caps%2C411&sr=8-1

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, steve2112 said:

i didn't realize amazon delivered to thailand, good to know

Yes for quite sometime.. For those who do not have a US credit card, You can pay in Baht at any Western Union as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

In the past 2 years I have purchased 4 Android TV Boxes with no issues. Most were delivered within 7-10 days by UPS.

Amazon has an agreement with Thai Customs to collect all fees in advance. The price you pay is a guaranteed delivered price.

Example:

If you buy the $45.00 Roku you will pay the following.

Price:

$44.99 + $18.08 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to Thailand

You will pay no additional charges.

 

I paid $27 for the Roku and $13 postage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

The Roku Express is under $40. therefore there are no Customs fees. You should have paid the following:

 

Shipping & Fee Details
Price        $23.99
AmazonGlobal Shipping    +    $8.98
Estimated Import Fees Deposit    +    $0.00 

$32.97 Delivered

 

https://www.amazon.com/Roku-Express-powerful-Streaming-Renewed/dp/B0779JLSB1/ref=sr_1_1?crid=27L67EQHC1PX8&keywords=firestickstick+4k&qid=1574208100&sprefix=firestick%2Caps%2C411&sr=8-1

I paid $27 for the Roku and $13 postage. That postage is calculated automatically, and the price for the Roku was the cheapest I could find for new, used were $23.99.

Edited by giddyup
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I paid $27 for the Roku and $13 postage. That postage is calculated automatically, and the price for the Roku was the cheapest I could find for new, used were $23.99.

I understand.  I meant to use the above pricing as an example.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...