Jump to content
BANGKOK
arfandy

Single-Entry Non-Imm O, now required 400k bank statement?

Recommended Posts

So i've just hang up the phone with rep of Thai Embassy in Jakarta and Thai Counsular in Bali (I phoned both of them just to cross check).

 

I've been doing Single-entry Non-Imm O for as long as i could remember but to my surprise today i was told that now both Single-entry and Multi-entry Non-Imm O (marriage based) require 400.000 baht bank statement. My flight ticket is scheduled Feb 2020 and all travel expense of 430.000 baht equivalent had been converted to cash USD.

 

Is this true? Thai Embassy in Jakarta told me that bank statement must be 2 months but Thai counsular in Bali told me the bank statement must be 6 months at minimum. I'm speechless and perhaps some legal experts here can tell me what is going on. I know Multi-Entry Non-Imm O must have 400k bank statement but Single-Entry???

 

I was suggested to apply normal tourist visa 60-day then extend it at (i dunno where but border run and/or chaeng wattana), but to my knowledge normal Tourist Visa 60-day can NOT be extended for 30-day. At most i would be getting 14-day extension with normal Tourist Visa. For medical reason - baby-delivery -, i need to stay in Bangkok for at least 110 days (which will synergized with Single-Entry Non-Imm O 90-day + 30-day extension in Chaeng Wattana).

 

Any information/suggestion pertaining my case will be very much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a single tourist-VISA can be extended by 30 days at local immigrtion inside Thailand..

 

glegolo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is on their website. http://www.thaiembassyjakarta.com/en/consular-services/non-immigrant-visa-o/

"3.1.4 Applicant’s bank statement showing at least THB 400,000 or equivalent in other currencies for the past two months."

Odd Bali says 6 months. They normally follow Jakarta's requirements.

Perhaps best to change your travel plans to another embassy or consulate that does not ask for it.

 

You can apply for a 60 day extension of any type of entry to visit your spouse.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

This is on their website. http://www.thaiembassyjakarta.com/en/consular-services/non-immigrant-visa-o/

"3.1.4 Applicant’s bank statement showing at least THB 400,000 or equivalent in other currencies for the past two months."

Odd Bali says 6 months. They normally follow Jakarta's requirements.

Perhaps best to change your travel plans to another embassy or consulate that does not ask for it.

 

You can apply for a 60 day extension of any type of entry to visit your spouse.

Do you mean that with normal Tourist Visa 60-day i can get another 60-day extension at Chaeng Wattana office? I remember Tourist Visa only gets max 30 day extension then i must travel out of Thailand (either by border run or plane). But maybe i got it wrong all these years? I've always believed that Single-Entry Non-Imm type O is the only visa where i can get extension 60-day at Chaeng Wattana or 14-day via border run, hence i avoided applying for normal tourist visa everytime i must stay in Thailand longer than 100 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, glegolo said:

a single tourist-VISA can be extended by 30 days at local immigrtion inside Thailand..

 

glegolo

Thank you for reply. Any chance i can extend it again to another 30-day after apply for 30-day extension? I need to stay in Thailand for at least 110 days (and i believed single-entry non-imm O is the right and perfect visa for my situaton. 90-day plus 60-day extension at Chaeng Wattana for less than 2000 baht fee, but now i have no time to deposit 400k baht for 2 months).

 

I wouldnt mind to apply for normal tourist visa 60-day, then apply extension for 30-day on the 59th day in Thailand, then i will re-apply for another 30-day extension (or maybe 2 weeks are enough) on the 89th day in Thailand without fly-out of the country

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can certainly get a 60 day extension of a tourist visa or even a visa exempt entry.

From the police order for extensions.

image.png.6c5371e51d470969a184f7f5822a24ef.png

 

The 14 day entry at land border crossings was eliminated almost 2 years ago. It is now 30 days.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I understand you are married to a Thai but work outside Thailand normally?  For that/oil platform workers, a multi entry non immigrant O visa is often the choice and that can be obtained currently in both Savannakhet and HCMC without financials (but marriage certificate and wife ID card/home registry copies would be required).

 

But as said above a tourist visa/extension should serve your current needs.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can certainly get a 60 day extension of a tourist visa or even a visa exempt entry.

From the police order for extensions.

image.png.6c5371e51d470969a184f7f5822a24ef.png

 

The 14 day entry at land border crossings was eliminated almost 2 years ago. It is now 30 days.

Thanks. I didnt know that the government has reverted back to good ol' 30-day border run. I thought 14-day visa border is still a thing. 

 

Based on your attachment, do i have to apply 60-day extension at the nearby police station? Or just visit chaeng wattana and bring along my thai wife and kids? What are the required documents to apply that 60-day extension on tourist visa?

 

I'll bring copy and original marriage certificate, copy and original of birth certificates of my kids, passports, id card of wife, do i need to bring house certificate where my wife lives? Or just document from hospital will suffice (we will live at hospital guest house for 110 days)? Photo ID? Anything else i miss out?

 

Thank you very much to lighten up my confusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, arfandy said:

Or just visit chaeng wattana and bring along my thai wife and kids?

You can only apply for extensions at a immigration office. None are issued by the police.

If you are living in Bangkok you would apply at Chaeng Wattana.

You do not need take the entire family with you. Your wife is enough. 

You will need your marriage certificate and a copy of it. Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

Copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card. A completed TM7 application form with a 4X6 cm photo attached.

You will need proof of where you are staying. Something from the hospital would be enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mind you that Ubonjoe forgot to mention that the 60 days extension is NOT for the tourist-VISA it is merely for the extension of stay based on.........

 

So for, like I said, a single entry tourist-VISA 60 days validity, you can extend 30 days.  Just wanted to clarify that.

 

glegolo

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Mind you that Ubonjoe forgot to mention that the 60 days extension is NOT for the tourist-VISA it is merely for the extension of stay based on.........

Wrong

The 60 day extension can be applied for any type of entry or extension of stay.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, glegolo said:

Mind you that Ubonjoe forgot to mention that the 60 days extension is NOT for the tourist-VISA it is merely for the extension of stay based on.........

 

So for, like I said, a single entry tourist-VISA 60 days validity, you can extend 30 days.  Just wanted to clarify that.

 

glegolo

60 days as Joe said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Wrong

The 60 day extension can be applied for any type of entry or extension of stay.

Thank you for correcting me, so for an ordinary entry based on tourism, you mean that you can extend with 60 days for a single entry tourist-VISA?? For a 60 days VISA extend with 60 days??

 

glegolo

Edited by glegolo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can only apply for extensions at a immigration office. None are issued by the police.

If you are living in Bangkok you would apply at Chaeng Wattana.

You do not need take the entire family with you. Your wife is enough. 

You will need your marriage certificate and a copy of it. Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

Copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card. A completed TM7 application form with a 4X6 cm photo attached.

You will need proof of where you are staying. Something from the hospital would be enough.

Thank you very much for thourough information.

 

I think i have everything ready but one, TM7 form? what is this? where do i get the form? Is it given at Chaeng Wattana or must i ask upon arrival at Don Muang?

 

And is there any specific background color for photo ID 4x6cm?

 

Again, I really do appreciate for your vast and shareable knowledge regarding Thai immigration system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, glegolo said:

Thank you for correcting me, so for an ordinary entry based on tourism, you mean that you can extend with 60 days for a single entry tourist-VISA?? For a 60 days VISA extend with 60 days??

 

glegolo

Thank you for clarification. I was confused about the possibility of extending Tourist Visa 60-day with another 60-day but it seems doable as long as i can provide all required documents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...