Single-Entry Non-Imm O, now required 400k bank statement?

So i've just hang up the phone with rep of Thai Embassy in Jakarta and Thai Counsular in Bali (I phoned both of them just to cross check).

I've been doing Single-entry Non-Imm O for as long as i could remember but to my surprise today i was told that now both Single-entry and Multi-entry Non-Imm O (marriage based) require 400.000 baht bank statement. My flight ticket is scheduled Feb 2020 and all travel expense of 430.000 baht equivalent had been converted to cash USD.

Is this true? Thai Embassy in Jakarta told me that bank statement must be 2 months but Thai counsular in Bali told me the bank statement must be 6 months at minimum. I'm speechless and perhaps some legal experts here can tell me what is going on. I know Multi-Entry Non-Imm O must have 400k bank statement but Single-Entry???

I was suggested to apply normal tourist visa 60-day then extend it at (i dunno where but border run and/or chaeng wattana), but to my knowledge normal Tourist Visa 60-day can NOT be extended for 30-day. At most i would be getting 14-day extension with normal Tourist Visa. For medical reason - baby-delivery -, i need to stay in Bangkok for at least 110 days (which will synergized with Single-Entry Non-Imm O 90-day + 30-day extension in Chaeng Wattana).

Any information/suggestion pertaining my case will be very much appreciated.

This is on their website. http://www.thaiembassyjakarta.com/en/consular-services/non-immigrant-visa-o/

"3.1.4 Applicant’s bank statement showing at least THB 400,000 or equivalent in other currencies for the past two months."

Odd Bali says 6 months. They normally follow Jakarta's requirements.

Perhaps best to change your travel plans to another embassy or consulate that does not ask for it.

You can apply for a 60 day extension of any type of entry to visit your spouse.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

This is on their website. http://www.thaiembassyjakarta.com/en/consular-services/non-immigrant-visa-o/

"3.1.4 Applicant’s bank statement showing at least THB 400,000 or equivalent in other currencies for the past two months."

Odd Bali says 6 months. They normally follow Jakarta's requirements.

Perhaps best to change your travel plans to another embassy or consulate that does not ask for it.

You can apply for a 60 day extension of any type of entry to visit your spouse.

Do you mean that with normal Tourist Visa 60-day i can get another 60-day extension at Chaeng Wattana office? I remember Tourist Visa only gets max 30 day extension then i must travel out of Thailand (either by border run or plane). But maybe i got it wrong all these years? I've always believed that Single-Entry Non-Imm type O is the only visa where i can get extension 60-day at Chaeng Wattana or 14-day via border run, hence i avoided applying for normal tourist visa everytime i must stay in Thailand longer than 100 days.

38 minutes ago, glegolo said:

a single tourist-VISA can be extended by 30 days at local immigrtion inside Thailand..

glegolo

Thank you for reply. Any chance i can extend it again to another 30-day after apply for 30-day extension? I need to stay in Thailand for at least 110 days (and i believed single-entry non-imm O is the right and perfect visa for my situaton. 90-day plus 60-day extension at Chaeng Wattana for less than 2000 baht fee, but now i have no time to deposit 400k baht for 2 months).

I wouldnt mind to apply for normal tourist visa 60-day, then apply extension for 30-day on the 59th day in Thailand, then i will re-apply for another 30-day extension (or maybe 2 weeks are enough) on the 89th day in Thailand without fly-out of the country

You can certainly get a 60 day extension of a tourist visa or even a visa exempt entry.

From the police order for extensions.

image.png.6c5371e51d470969a184f7f5822a24ef.png

The 14 day entry at land border crossings was eliminated almost 2 years ago. It is now 30 days.

• Like 1

If I understand you are married to a Thai but work outside Thailand normally?  For that/oil platform workers, a multi entry non immigrant O visa is often the choice and that can be obtained currently in both Savannakhet and HCMC without financials (but marriage certificate and wife ID card/home registry copies would be required).

But as said above a tourist visa/extension should serve your current needs.

29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can certainly get a 60 day extension of a tourist visa or even a visa exempt entry.

From the police order for extensions.

image.png.6c5371e51d470969a184f7f5822a24ef.png

The 14 day entry at land border crossings was eliminated almost 2 years ago. It is now 30 days.

Thanks. I didnt know that the government has reverted back to good ol' 30-day border run. I thought 14-day visa border is still a thing. 

Based on your attachment, do i have to apply 60-day extension at the nearby police station? Or just visit chaeng wattana and bring along my thai wife and kids? What are the required documents to apply that 60-day extension on tourist visa?

I'll bring copy and original marriage certificate, copy and original of birth certificates of my kids, passports, id card of wife, do i need to bring house certificate where my wife lives? Or just document from hospital will suffice (we will live at hospital guest house for 110 days)? Photo ID? Anything else i miss out?

Thank you very much to lighten up my confusion.

19 minutes ago, arfandy said:

Or just visit chaeng wattana and bring along my thai wife and kids?

You can only apply for extensions at a immigration office. None are issued by the police.

If you are living in Bangkok you would apply at Chaeng Wattana.

You do not need take the entire family with you. Your wife is enough. 

You will need your marriage certificate and a copy of it. Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

Copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card. A completed TM7 application form with a 4X6 cm photo attached.

You will need proof of where you are staying. Something from the hospital would be enough.

Mind you that Ubonjoe forgot to mention that the 60 days extension is NOT for the tourist-VISA it is merely for the extension of stay based on.........

So for, like I said, a single entry tourist-VISA 60 days validity, you can extend 30 days.  Just wanted to clarify that.

glegolo

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Mind you that Ubonjoe forgot to mention that the 60 days extension is NOT for the tourist-VISA it is merely for the extension of stay based on.........

Wrong

The 60 day extension can be applied for any type of entry or extension of stay.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, glegolo said:

So for, like I said, a single entry tourist-VISA 60 days validity, you can extend 30 days.  Just wanted to clarify that.

glegolo

60 days as Joe said.

54 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Wrong

The 60 day extension can be applied for any type of entry or extension of stay.

Thank you for correcting me, so for an ordinary entry based on tourism, you mean that you can extend with 60 days for a single entry tourist-VISA?? For a 60 days VISA extend with 60 days??

glegolo

Edited by glegolo

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can only apply for extensions at a immigration office. None are issued by the police.

If you are living in Bangkok you would apply at Chaeng Wattana.

You do not need take the entire family with you. Your wife is enough. 

You will need your marriage certificate and a copy of it. Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

Copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card. A completed TM7 application form with a 4X6 cm photo attached.

You will need proof of where you are staying. Something from the hospital would be enough.

Thank you very much for thourough information.

I think i have everything ready but one, TM7 form? what is this? where do i get the form? Is it given at Chaeng Wattana or must i ask upon arrival at Don Muang?

And is there any specific background color for photo ID 4x6cm?

Again, I really do appreciate for your vast and shareable knowledge regarding Thai immigration system.

3 hours ago, glegolo said:

Thank you for correcting me, so for an ordinary entry based on tourism, you mean that you can extend with 60 days for a single entry tourist-VISA?? For a 60 days VISA extend with 60 days??

glegolo

Thank you for clarification. I was confused about the possibility of extending Tourist Visa 60-day with another 60-day but it seems doable as long as i can provide all required documents.

22 minutes ago, arfandy said:

Thank you for clarification. I was confused about the possibility of extending Tourist Visa 60-day with another 60-day but it seems doable as long as i can provide all required documents.

Yeah this was completely NEW to me as well. Completely NEW.....

glegolo

12 hours ago, arfandy said:

I think i have everything ready but one, TM7 form? what is this? where do i get the form? Is it given at Chaeng Wattana or must i ask upon arrival at Don Muang?

You can get it at Chaeng Wattana or download, complete and print two sided this Fillable TM7 form.pdf

12 hours ago, arfandy said:

And is there any specific background color for photo ID 4x6cm?

No

White or blue is normal.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, glegolo said:

Yeah this was completely NEW to me as well. Completely NEW.....

Why? It has been discussed many times on this forum.

Easy to understand if you look at the clause of the police order for it you will not see a requirement for any type of entry in it like there is for most other extensions that state this "(1) The alien must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM)".

18 hours ago, arfandy said:

Thank you for reply. Any chance i can extend it again to another 30-day after apply for 30-day extension? I need to stay in Thailand for at least 110 days (and i believed single-entry non-imm O is the right and perfect visa for my situaton. 90-day plus 60-day extension at Chaeng Wattana for less than 2000 baht fee, but now i have no time to deposit 400k baht for 2 months).

I wouldnt mind to apply for normal tourist visa 60-day, then apply extension for 30-day on the 59th day in Thailand, then i will re-apply for another 30-day extension (or maybe 2 weeks are enough) on the 89th day in Thailand without fly-out of the country

You don't have to wait till the day before your permission to stay expires to do the extension.  Extensions are "tacked" on to the end of the existing permission to stay.  So, if you enter on a Tourist Visa, you can go in several days early and apply for the extension, the 60 days will be added to the existing stay, thus receiving 120 days total.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Easy to understand if you look at the clause of the police order for it you will not see a requirement for any type of entry in it like there is for most other extensions that state this "(1) The alien must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM)".

So you mean now that you are talking about a Non Immigrant O, and I/we were talking about a Tourist-VISA. I ask this because I like to learn, not to put you in any trouble. You are the great guy and I only like to learn.

I wrote originally tourist-VISA 30 days and you overwrote that..... So is it 60 days for a single tourist-VISA like you say, OR 30 days like I thought..???

glegolo

20 hours ago, arfandy said:

Do you mean that with normal Tourist Visa 60-day i can get another 60-day extension at Chaeng Wattana office? I remember Tourist Visa only gets max 30 day extension then i must travel out of Thailand (either by border run or plane). But maybe i got it wrong all these years? I've always believed that Single-Entry Non-Imm type O is the only visa where i can get extension 60-day at Chaeng Wattana or 14-day via border run, hence i avoided applying for normal tourist visa everytime i must stay in Thailand longer than 100 days.

You get another 30 days via a border run, not 14 days. 

28 minutes ago, glegolo said:

So you mean now that you are talking about a Non Immigrant O, and I/we were talking about a Tourist-VISA. I ask this because I like to learn, not to put you in any trouble. You are the great guy and I only like to learn.

You still seem to be confused. Read what I wrote again. It stating that clause 2.24 does not specify any type of visa is required to a apply for the extension.

30 minutes ago, glegolo said:

I wrote originally tourist-VISA 30 days and you overwrote that..... So is it 60 days for a single tourist-VISA like you say, OR 30 days like I thought..???

It is 60 days if a extension to visit  his wife is applied for.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, glegolo said:

glegolo

A Visa exempt is 30 days,it's not a Visa. A SE tourist Visa is 60 days. You can extend both 30 days.

Edited by Max69xl

30 minutes ago, glegolo said:
1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

glegolo

Reread more carefully what @ubonjoe wrote. He was saying that the 60-day extension does not require any specific type of entry, unlike most of the other reasons for an extension (that do require either specifically a Non Immigrant entry, or specifically a tourist entry).

1 hour ago, arfandy said:

Joe mentioned that Tourist Visa can be extended upto 60 days. Maybe 30 days at max if i do border run.

He did not say that. He said that you can extend your Non-Immigrant O based on marriage 60 days.

A tourist visa and visa exempt can be extended up to 30 days max at the local immigration office.

Edited by Max69xl

1 hour ago, arfandy said:

Joe mentioned that Tourist Visa can be extended upto 60 days. Maybe 30 days at max if i do border run.

It;s 60 days for an extension to visit his Thai wife. Otherwise a tourist visa can be extended 30 days.

You do not do a border run to get an extension of a tourist visa. You would go to an immigration office in Thailand.

11 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

He did not say that. He said that you can extend your Non-Immigrant O based on marriage 60 days.

A tourist visa and visa exempt can be extended up to 30 days max at the local immigration office.

The 60 day extension is to visit the applicant's Thai wife. It can be obtained regardless of which visa you used to enter the country or if you entered visa exempt. You do NOT need to have entered on a non-imm O to get the 60 day extension to visit your wife.

For any other reason, a tourist visa can be extended 30 days.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You still seem to be confused. Read what I wrote again. It stating that clause 2.24 does not specify any type of visa is required to a apply for the extension [to visit your wife]

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

Reread more carefully what @ubonjoe wrote. He was saying that the 60-day extension does not require any specific type of entry, unlike most of the other reasons for an extension (that do require either specifically a Non Immigrant entry, or specifically a tourist entry).

YES I am happy to learn that today...

Thanks guys for input

glegolo

Edited by glegolo