Single-Entry Non-Imm O, now required 400k bank statement?

Okay, as this topic gets even broader opinion about Single-Entry Non-Imm O vs Tourist Visa 60-day, i would like to clarify what my doubt is (i believed Joe had explained but some members were having different opinion).

I know Single Entry Non-Imm O has validity of 90 days upon arrival in Thailand and can be extended at Chaeng Wattana for another 60-day at the cost 1200 baht or 2000 baht? Yes, i had done this kind of system in the past years, maybe 4-5 times since 2009 so i am very much accostumed to this (i even had all documents ready -- except the copy of entry stamp on my passport). My last Single-Entry Non-Imm O sticker was dated back in January 2017 and in that year of 2017 i lived in Thailand for about 4.5 months.

HOWEVER, last few days ago i was denied Single Entry by Thai Counsular Bali & Embassy in Jakarta due to insufficient fund of having 400k baht in bank account for the past 2 months (i'll be honest, had i known the requierement for SINGLE-ENTRY NON-IMM O had changed, i would have deposited USD 15k in my local bank account since October rather than having it on cash. But i need the visa by January 2020 and having deposited the amount starting today is useless as it will not meet the 2-month bank statement requirement). I know 400K deposit was only applicable for MULTI-ENTRY Non-Imm O in the past.

Therefore i asked if TOURIST VISA 60-day can be extended to another 60 days at Chaeng Wattana because i only need to stay in the Kingdom for just 110 days, or about 3 months and 2 weeks top. I could do border run but Ubonjoed said that i could apply for extension 60 days stay without having gone to Cambodia/Laos/Myanmar.

Getting SINGLE-ENTRY Non-Imm O visa is no longer a valid option for me. I will have to apply to normal Tourist Visa next month before fly to Thailand.

I am thankful to people who help and shared their knowledge regarding this matter.

To update about the possibility of extending 60-day Tourist Visa, i just got on the phone with Thai counsular in Bali. He said that 60-day Tourist Visa can ONLY be extended to another 30 days, then i MUST leave The Kingdom for at least 24 hours, then come back in and get free visa 30-day.

I dont know if what Ubonjoed said can be done (extension 60 days) on 60-day Tourist Visa or perhaps he meant Single entry Non-Imm O, or maybe this Thai Counsular has no idea about 60 days extension on Tourist Visa? 

Has there been anyone here visited Thailand with 60-days Tourist Visa and then tried to extend it to another 60 days without fly out of Thailand? 

What happened if i only get 30 days extension on Tourist Visa (total 90 days), then i do border run but return back before 24 hours? Do i get arrested or denied entry? Or do i receive just 14-days additional visit?

Sorry for asking too much. I need to prepare everything before this long trip and unable to get usual single entry non-imm O visa has put my mind unease.

1 minute ago, arfandy said:

i just got on the phone with Thai counsular in Bali.

Who is a different government department than immigration and provided the normal 30 day allowed extension to a tourist visa entry information which he has some knowledge - you are not extending that visa but extending your permitted to stay on basis of visiting Thai relatives and for that a 60 day stay is allowed (nothing to do with the routine 30 day extension of a tourist visa entry).  Extension of 60 days, if meeting the spouse/child requirement, is available from any entry one time only.

4 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Who is a different government department than immigration and provided the normal 30 day allowed extension to a tourist visa entry information which he has some knowledge - you are not extending that visa but extending your permitted to stay on basis of visiting Thai relatives and for that a 60 day stay is allowed (nothing to do with the routine 30 day extension of a tourist visa entry).  Extension of 60 days, if meeting the spouse/child requirement, is available from any entry one time only.

Correct.  Thai Embassies/Consulates are governed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. They often are not familiar with requirements of the Immigration Bureau which is the agency that grants extensions of stay.

22 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

wait, i dont really follow.

So my Tourist Visa which has 60-days of stay in Thailand i can use it to apply for "different" permit to stay for another 60 days? instead of extending the validity of visa itself? So you are saying when i go and meet up one of the immigration officer at chaeng wattana, i shall request him/her to grant me a permit to stay for 60-days for visiting spouse instead of asking him to extend my visa to another 30-day? Do i get this right?

And all this request for stay permit can be done in Dept of Consular Affair Chaeng Wattana building B gate 2 for the cost of THB 1900? (I recall the cost somewhere between 1200-1900)

22 hours ago, soisanuk said:

Correct.  Thai Embassies/Consulates are governed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. They often are not familiar with requirements of the Immigration Bureau which is the agency that grants extensions of stay.

I didnt know that Thai Embassies/Consulates are not really part of Immigration Bureau. But at least i feel there's hope to not spending more money to travel out of Thailand for 24-hour period. I wasn't sure which country i should spend a night on if i must leave The Kingdom on the 89th day.

18 minutes ago, arfandy said:

So my Tourist Visa which has 60-days of stay in Thailand i can use it to apply for "different" permit to stay for another 60 days? instead of extending the validity of visa itself?

You would be extending the 60 day permit to stay that your tourist visa allows for 60 days. It will remain the same permit to stay.

53 minutes ago, arfandy said:

i shall request him/her to grant me a permit to stay for 60-days for visiting spouse instead of asking him to extend my visa to another 30-day? Do i get this right?

Yes - be sure to have spouse/proof and paperwork with you and the normal TM7/1,900 baht fee.