BANGKOK
Ooladolla

Thai Post or Kerrys? Cheapest way to send items to Isaan

Sort of connected to transportation.

A month ago my wife and I decided to take a short train ride with our little Yorkshire terrier. The fare for the two of us was B36 return (B9 each way per person) from Lampang to Khun Tan, Our dog, weighing less than 4 kgs was considered as "freight", didn't occupy a seat, did not leave the lap of us and occasionally looked out of the window.

What do you think was the charge for the dog?? Yes, she had an official ticket for the outward trip and another for the return.

Kessara and Jasmine.jpg

• Thanks 1

homing-pigeon-climate-data-research-1.jp

..this would be cheap I reckon?

Edited by NightSky

8 minutes ago, NightSky said:

homing-pigeon-climate-data-research-1.jp

..this would be cheap I reckon?

Is that a homing pigeon or an anywhere one?

2 hours ago, Ooladolla said:

It will be boxed items 

Thailand Post has a website. It's in english,sort of, a mix. But you can find the prices. 

• Like 1

Seriously if carrier pigeons are not available a cheap way for large heavy items used to be logipost or logicpost I can’t remember the spelling exactly but something like that. The Thai post office arrange it for you and its really cheap. I think it was 1200 baht to ship a motorbike. We sent a couple motorcycles and old sofas up to isaan a few times over the years. I call it the black hole where all things end up.

Edited by NightSky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

Sort of connected to transportation.

A month ago my wife and I decided to take a short train ride with our little Yorkshire terrier. The fare for the two of us was B36 return (B9 each way per person) from Lampang to Khun Tan, Our dog, weighing less than 4 kgs was considered as "freight", didn't occupy a seat, did not leave the lap of us and occasionally looked out of the window.

What do you think was the charge for the dog?? Yes, she had an official ticket for the outward trip and another for the return.

Kessara and Jasmine.jpg

3 baht?

Lovely dog btw

1 hour ago, JaiLai said:

3 baht?

Lovely dog btw

thank you! Jasmine our dog is truly wonderful in every way.

But the fare for her was B90 each way!! That fare was made at Lampang station and again for the return from Khun Tan. 

Unbelievable!!

Edited by ChrisKC
repeated word
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

But the fare for her was B90 each way!! That fare was made at Lampang station and again for the return from Khun Tan. 

Unbelievable!!

for 90 baht did jasmine get a seat?

1 hour ago, ChrisKC said:

Unbelievable!!

Do you think a thai person would have to pay for a small dog on a train? Did they ask to see the ticket onboard the train? 

Edited by Max69xl

On 11/20/2019 at 9:21 AM, JaiLai said:

for 90 baht did jasmine get a seat?

There was a seat available but she preferred our laps. No different from a new born baby, except she didn't pee or poo anywhere and didn't require breast feeding. In addition, she is so cute, (oh yes, so is my wife) that she was the entertainment darling of the carriage.

My wife, Kessara, reminded me that the Inspector was not on the train from Lampang to Khun Tan

On 11/19/2019 at 3:01 PM, ChrisKC said:

I thought the train fare to Khun Tan was free for Thai nationals.

It certainly is from Chiang Mai. (15bht for foreigners)

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I thought the train fare to Khun Tan was free for Thai nationals.

It certainly is from Chiang Mai. (15bht for foreigners)

I didn't know that, but my Thai wife bought the tickets and she didn't mention it to me, though maybe she didn't know either. The point of my thread was more about my dog, that is very much Thai, born in Thailand from two other Thai dogs - well, one of them was a bitch! B180 return!

Was there some sort of mistake?

On 11/21/2019 at 9:42 PM, ChrisKC said:

I didn't know that, but my Thai wife bought the tickets and she didn't mention it to me, though maybe she didn't know either. The point of my thread was more about my dog, that is very much Thai, born in Thailand from two other Thai dogs - well, one of them was a bitch! B180 return!

Was there some sort of mistake?

Just google it and you will found out.