Guideline on charges of tourist guide service approved

snoop1130

On 11/19/2019 at 9:09 AM, lensta said:

What is an inbound tourist and what is an outbound tourist?

An inbound tourist is an 'arriving tourist', while an outbound tourist is a local/resident travelling to another country.

On 11/19/2019 at 9:15 AM, madmitch said:

Does this imply that Thai guides are allowed to travel with a Thai group travelling out of the country and, I assume, work.

Does that mean not all countries only allow their own nationals to act as tour guides? ????

If I remember correctly, 'guides' who travel with an 'outbound' group are called 'tour leaders'. They will be the ones holding the flags, or whatever it is they hold nowadays, to hustle the rest along. Upon arrival at the destination, they will be met by the local guide (normally at the port of disembarkation), called the 'tour guide'. The tour guide is the one with a license or permit to take tourists around locally. While aboard, the tour leader's role include making sure everyone is accounted for on the bus, gathering everyone, making sure the tour adheres to the itinerary/timeline, ensuring hotel bookings are done and generally making sure the herd is happy throughout the tour, including dealing with complains etc. He/she will have not an active role in conducting the actual 'touring' in the destination country. Not sure if the terminologies are still the same today, but that was what it was when I was in the travel and tour industry back in the 90s.

Archived