UK Spouse Visa - thank you ThaiVisa

Just want to say a massive thanks to the resources available here on ThaiVisa, especially @theoldgit and @rasg.

After a 10 week wait, my wife received her passport back, complete with a UK Entry Clearance visa allowing her to remain in the UK.

The resources on ThaiVisa helped me throughout the visa application process, and all done without a costly agent charging you silly money.

Made my day this news and the knowledge that my wife will be home in the UK for Xmas. ????

We have just got a uk spouse visa, we supposed to collect the biometrics card within 30 days so we came back to UK 3 days before the vignette in her passport ran out with them threatening a possible fine of up to £1000 or a reduction time of her visa or maybe to cancel the visa if not collected by the deadline date. We went to collect it with 2 days to spare only to find out that the post office that uk visas and immigration had given us had been closed for 2 years, you couldn't make it up so despite the deadline coming and indeed going we are still waiting to find out where we have to collect it from!!

17 hours ago, stevefloyd said:

We have just got a uk spouse visa, we supposed to collect the biometrics card within 30 days so we came back to UK 3 days before the vignette in her passport ran out with them threatening a possible fine of up to £1000 or a reduction time of her visa or maybe to cancel the visa if not collected by the deadline date. We went to collect it with 2 days to spare only to find out that the post office that uk visas and immigration had given us had been closed for 2 years, you couldn't make it up so despite the deadline coming and indeed going we are still waiting to find out where we have to collect it from!!

On completing my wife's application, I had an issue when selecting the Post Office to collect the BRP card from. When you searched the Post Offices that offer this service, it gave me a number of options within a 2 or 3 mile radius. When it came to select a post office on the application, it didn't offer me any of the Post Offices nearby, but gave me one 7 miles away?!

I just hope the permit is ready for collection when my wife arrives in the UK within the next 3 weeks.

Archived