Which visa??

Hello everyone,

I will be flying into BKK in about 2 weeks.  

I am a 43 year old Canadian who has the opportunity to travel for an extended amount of time (1-2 years).  This will be a solo trip.  I have been able to save and make investments to allow me to do this.  I will not be working during this time.

My history of entries are:

Nov 2018 - 18 days visa exempt

Apr 2019 - 16 days visa exempt

I would like to spend as much time as possible in Thailand to start this trip, and then i will move along to surrounding countries. 

The METV makes sense, i think, so i can spend the first 6 months in the Kingdom, possibly extending some segments if i am enjoying the trip.  

The SETV could be an option but I am worried about obtaining another SETV afterwards based on posts of these forums.  The METV seems better, but riskier?

My question revolves around which visa to get.  I know no one knows for sure, but based on my history and age, do you feel that i would have any issues with the METV vs the SETV?

Changing the flight is not an option.  I will have all the money required upon entry as well as my first month of accommodations booked and readily available.

Thanks for your constructive and respectful thoughts/opinions.