No kids venues such as resorts, hotels and restaurants.

sunnyboy2018

Is there a list of pubs, bars,  hotels and resorts that are adult only? One resort in Pattaya is very clear: No kids no pets. Good on them. As with child free flights, I think they are a great idea. I used to drink on the Old Kent Road in a pub that had a big sign:"No kids- no dogs".  Does anybody else feel we singletons,  unencumbered by kids, should have our own places especially,  hotels, resorts,  pool and restaurants.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i believe the 'devils den' in pattaya is adults only.

seriously though. Thailand and indeed pattaya is being marketed as a family friendly resort. there are places where children and pets are obviously not allowed, and many places they are.

are you talking about segregation or a new style of apartheid where areas of the beach are set aside for families and other areas for mongers ? maybe markation of 7/11's , certain ones for families, others for adults only ?

best you keep to the gogo's, although some are borderline on the ages of the girls

1 hour ago, jastheace said:

i believe the 'devils den' in pattaya is adults only.

seriously though. Thailand and indeed pattaya is being marketed as a family friendly resort. there are places where children and pets are obviously not allowed, and many places they are.

are you talking about segregation or a new style of apartheid where areas of the beach are set aside for families and other areas for mongers ? maybe markation of 7/11's , certain ones for families, others for adults only ?

best you keep to the gogo's, although some are borderline on the ages of the girls

Im not talking about sex venues. I mean flights, resorts, hotels, restaurants where adults can relax without ill behaved, screaming , screeching  crying kids imposing on adults. Bad parents tolerate bad behaviour from their kids  Why shouldnt we have places for adults? Sure have places for families with kids but also have spaces for single people and couples who dont want kids around treating adult space like a nursery.

51 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

The only time I've seen Adult only hotels has been in the Caribbean and Jamaica I've stayed in a couple 

Theres a whole resort in Pattaya.  No kids no pets allowed. I dont think babies should be allowed on planes for example. Parents are just so selfish sometimes and so disrespectful of others.

22 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Im not talking about sex venues. I mean flights, resorts, hotels, restaurants where adults can relax without ill behaved, screaming , screeching  crying kids imposing on adults. Bad parents tolerate bad behaviour from their kids  Why shouldnt we have places for adults? Sure have places for families with kids but also have spaces for single people and couples who dont want kids around treating adult space like a nursery.

Excellent idea. Other people's kids are a pestilence best avoided.

Anywhere that bans the disruptors gets my money.

I've never flown an airline that bans the monsters, but I'd use it if an available choice.

3 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

I know only place who don't accept old grumpy people. 

Exactly. But I am talking about excluding infants from adult places. You dont hang around in nurseries or infant schools. Its their space. Quite right too. Basically babies and infants who dont have logic or reason should not intrude on adult space. Grumpiness is not confined to old people. Tired babies get grumpy, women get grumpy during their period,  all people get grumpy at some time but babies and children even when happy can be noisy and disruptive,  climb on furniture,  spread their toys around, shout and generally are not suited restaurants, small hotels aircraft etc. Many adults are not mawkish or sentimental about kids and dont want to be forced to share the chaos of family life. All I want isca choice. Family areas and single areas are very common in the middle east.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Excellent idea. Other people's kids are a pestilence best avoided.

Anywhere that bans the disruptors gets my money.

I've never flown an airline that bans the monsters, but I'd use it if an available choice.

I think Japan Airways is creating no baby areas but not whole flights...mores the pity.

23 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Theres a whole resort in Pattaya.  No kids no pets allowed. I dont think babies should be allowed on planes for example. Parents are just so selfish sometimes and so disrespectful of others.

Parents that allow their little darlings to disrupt other people's lives should be fined, and banned from flying with them.

Something that makes me really angry in LOS is when antisocial parents put their horror on a seat on public transport so an adult can't use it. I've even seen antisocial parents in London do that on the tube.

21 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Parents that allow their little darlings to disrupt other people's lives should be fined, and banned from flying with them.

Something that makes me really angry in LOS is when antisocial parents put their horror on a seat on public transport so an adult can't use it. I've even seen antisocial parents in London do that on the tube.

And in the bus seats for the elderly and disabled.

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Those links are good. I just wish there were more  and included restaurants. I had to stop going to the Harvester Pub in Bangkok cos of kids running riot during sunday lunches.

On 11/19/2019 at 6:17 AM, Tayaout said:

I know only place who don't accept old grumpy people. 

nothing grumpy about wanting to relax on a flight, swim in a pool,  or eat a meal in a restaurant without screaming yelling crying kids around.

Take the kids elsewhere. Consider others. 

22 minutes ago, steven100 said:

nothing grumpy about wanting to relax on a flight, swim in a pool,  or eat a meal in a restaurant without screaming yelling crying kids around.

I hope your parent kept you at home. 

On 11/19/2019 at 6:32 AM, sunnyboy2018 said:

Exactly. But I am talking about excluding infants from adult places. You dont hang around in nurseries or infant schools. Its their space. Quite right too. Basically babies and infants who dont have logic or reason should not intrude on adult space. Grumpiness is not confined to old people. Tired babies get grumpy, women get grumpy during their period,  all people get grumpy at some time but babies and children even when happy can be noisy and disruptive,  climb on furniture,  spread their toys around, shout and generally are not suited restaurants, small hotels aircraft etc. Many adults are not mawkish or sentimental about kids and dont want to be forced to share the chaos of family life. All I want isca choice. Family areas and single areas are very common in the middle east.

I cant say i have ever found children to be a notable nuisance anywhere i go here.

In hotels around the pool i like to see people having fun and enjoying themselves. If i want peace and quiet i can just go to my room.

Where are you experiencing all these annoying youngsters?

On 11/19/2019 at 6:34 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I remember a few years back on the skytrain there were three kids about five or six sitting on three seats while there were a lot of adults standing, one of them got up to go and talk to an adult, probably his mum, I immediately sat on the seat, but no one said anything, which was just as well.

On 11/19/2019 at 6:10 AM, sunnyboy2018 said:

Noisy families with bad kids are so selfish so adult only hotels seem logical as do adult only flights.

I have to say that in all the flights I have taken over the years, I have never had any kids annoy me at all, a few times there have been crying babies, but not enough to really annoy me.

On 11/19/2019 at 6:07 AM, sunnyboy2018 said:

I think anyone indicating babies should not be allowed on flights is an utter asshat. 

On 11/19/2019 at 6:32 AM, sunnyboy2018 said:

Fair enough - I think even grump old misers should have a choice and the option to be in a kids and pets free area. 

But, I think it would be a very poor business decision to ostracise a significant percentage of potential customers to appease a grump few. 

With all that said, the discord of miserable old farts towards families is born of parents parenting badly. 

A minority of parents are just <deleted> - they have failed to effectively educate their children how to behave in public, earlier on in their child's life they have failed to predict and recognise their child's responses so they can head off potential issues & crying etc.

All of that said, I don't go to high end restaurants with my Wife and Son (6 yrs old) because that would be inappropriate, but we do go out to restaurant a lot (2-3 times per week) and these are more relaxed or family orientated restaurants and pubs (such as the Londoner, Cocotte, Peppina, King Kong Buffet etc).

14 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I have to say that in all the flights I have taken over the years, I have never had any kids annoy me at all, a few times there have been crying babies, but not enough to really annoy me.

But you are probably not an unhinged, miserable, grumpy, intolerant old fart....  

Some people just enjoy getting upset once they have found something to be outraged about. 

I was on a flight between Munich and Bangkok with two babies crying during all the flight. Needless to say, I got almost no sleep even after drinking 3 small bottles of wine. 

I survived to tell my story and now I'm writing a book and planing on doing conference all around the world! 

51 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

But you are probably not an unhinged, miserable, grumpy, intolerant old fart....  

Some people just enjoy getting upset once they have found something to be outraged about. 

"But you are probably not an unhinged, miserable, grumpy, intolerant old fart.."  Tell those TM30 loving posters who love obeying all the rules that. ????

13 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

I was on a flight between Munich and Bangkok with two babies crying during all the flight. Needless to say, I got almost no sleep even after drinking 3 small bottles of wine. 

I survived to tell my story and now I'm writing a book and planing on doing conference all around the world! 

Earplugs

10 hours ago, steven100 said:

Totally agreed.There are times for kids and times without. Just booked a place in Hua Hin and did notice some places that stated adults only.Booked on Agoda.

Traveling with a 3yr old alone you need to consider others everywhere you go.

Archived