No kids venues such as resorts, hotels and restaurants.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is there a list of pubs, bars,  hotels and resorts that are adult only? One resort in Pattaya is very clear: No kids no pets. Good on them. As with child free flights, I think they are a great idea. I

Exactly. But I am talking about excluding infants from adult places. You dont hang around in nurseries or infant schools. Its their space. Quite right too. Basically babies and infants who dont have l

Im not talking about sex venues. I mean flights, resorts, hotels, restaurants where adults can relax without ill behaved, screaming , screeching  crying kids imposing on adults. Bad parents tolerate b

Posted Images

13 hours ago, jastheace said:

i understand. you came to this part of thailand to avoid families. 

you came for what ?..... oh yeah , I get it

mong away...

I have travelled extensively both in Thailand and around the world. I had to leave a hotel in Phuket because of a noisy anti social family. I do not travel anywhere specifically to avoid familes I just wish they could be more respectful. But as many parents can not be respectful perhaps adult only areas should be introduced. Its called choice. The chaotic energy, mess and noise that familes and kids generate is really unpleasant. To the parents its normal but its horrible for other people. 'Children should be seen and not heard' used to be the maxim.

12 hours ago, Tayaout said:

I hope your parent kept you at home. 

Its about choice. Places where kids are welcome and places that are for adults only. What don't you like about choice? What dont you like about civilised peace and quiet?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Its about choice. Places where kids are welcome and places that are for adults only. What don't you like about choice? What dont you like about civilised peace and quiet?

I like everything you describe including childrens. They don't bother me but when I want quiet I go somewhere where nobody goes like a mountain or a remote island. 

5 hours ago, smutcakes said:

I cant say i have ever found children to be a notable nuisance anywhere i go here.

In hotels around the pool i like to see people having fun and enjoying themselves. If i want peace and quiet i can just go to my room.

Where are you experiencing all these annoying youngsters?

Flights, nearby hotel rooms  restaurants sometimes, some UK pubs. I have had several nightmares flights made unbearable by awful babies and toddlers. The H******r pub in Bangkok became a family venue on Sundays and it was ruined. In Pattaya my meal was spoilt by shrieking kids at a well known expensive Italian restaurant.  The family did not give a dam about the other customers. The same thing at a well know Scandinavian restaurant...crying baby. The parents were utterly shameless and did not give a toss anout other customers.

Edited by sunnyboy2018
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Tayaout said:

I like everything you describe including childrens. They don't bother me but when I want quiet I go somewhere where nobody goes like a mountain or a remote island. 

Going to a remote  location does not guarantee anti social parents with noisy kids wont be around. You are missing the point or being obtus. A hotel could have one wing for familes and one for non families. for example. Same with restaurants.

• Like 1
Just now, sunnyboy2018 said:

Going to a remote  location does not guarantee anti social parents with noisy kids wont be around. You are missing the point or being obtus. A hotel could have one wing for familes and one for non families. for example. Same with restaurants.

I'm not obtus and understand and respect your opinion. What I meant is that when I want quiet I avoid any human altogether except if I bring some human with me. There is still plenty of place where nobody goes if it's hard to access. 

1 minute ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

If the hotel is large enough, then yes, I think that's quite reasonable to have a 'non kids' wing or floor - some hotels  do this with Club Floors etc and Adults Pools. 

I've never seen adult segregation in restaurants - but really is it that much of a hardship to hear some children in a restaurant?

As much as it is commented on in threads such as this, very rarely do I see kids running around in restaurants. 

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I have to say that in all the flights I have taken over the years, I have never had any kids annoy me at all, a few times there have been crying babies, but not enough to really annoy me.

I had a flight with a kid not stop crying for 7 hours. The grinning father walked all round the plane with it so waking up everybody on the plane.

on another flight the kid just slammed the tray up and down and the window cover too

In business one time a kid would not stop wriggling , shining lights on and, banging the tray down...I could go on but noisy kids on aircraft are a major cause of complaint among travelers...

29 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Take a valium... in your perpetually sedated saft state you'll be far more tolerant of your surroundings !

Its the kids who need the valium to calm them down OR have venues and areas that are child free zones. What dont you like about choice? Why do you seek to impose noise and chaos on me and people like me?

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Its the kids who need the valium to calm them down OR have venues and areas that are child free zones. What dont you like about choice? Why do you seek to impose noise and chaos on me and people like me?

Why do I seek to impose noise??? it is this exaggeration which outs you as someone who is highly intolerant of everything around them, even a balanced discussion. 

For the record: On flights both my Wife and I do everything in our power to occupy and keep our child relaxed. 

We only take day time flights which means stopping over at an Airport hotel on the way (i.e. UAE) to break up the journey and ensure we are all fully rested, relaxed and chilled. 

When our son was younger we always had milk at the ready to ease ear pressure.

We always had a couple of (quiet) toys / presents to give to our son for being well behaved etc and keep him occupied. 

The iPad and Earphones are perfect for a traveling child. 

That doesn't mean we won't hear another child elsewhere on the flight, sometimes a crying baby... in nearly all of the flights I have taken a baby is usually asleep after a 5 minute cry, its nothing noise cancelling headphones can't deal with. 

On a recent flight I sat next to a 5 year old who kept kicking me... it was obvious he was becoming a nuisance, his parents swapped so the kids father was sat next to me. I appreciated this, the rest of the flight was smooth. 

22 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

When my Son was about 1 year old, we were sleeping on a Finn Air flight - lie flat beds, my son was asleep on my chest. 

The flight attendant woke me up and asked me to be alert as a drunk passenger a few rows in front was getting aggressive and violent towards the crew. They were concerned that me may throw something or he could get physical and it could hurt my child.

People get drunk on planes and start talking too loudly. Or some idiot will watch something on his phone with the sound on. 

Recently in a restaurant I saw some drunk Westerners misbehaving, then one of them threw up in the wash-basin in the toilets.

I've seen drunk people get argumentative in restaurants, disregarding the other customers. 

Should we have alcohol free flights and alcohol free restaurants so our children are ears are free from potty mouth pi$$heads... or should we just be tolerant of others?

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
2 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

I had a flight with a kid not stop crying for 7 hours. The grinning father walked all round the plane with it so waking up everybody on the plane.

on another flight the kid just slammed the tray up and down and the window cover too

In business one time a kid would not stop wriggling , shining lights on and, banging the tray down...I could go on but noisy kids on aircraft are a major cause of complaint among travelers...

I don't dispute what you are saying, I am only talking about my experiences.