No kids venues such as resorts, hotels and restaurants.

sunnyboy2018

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't go anywhere that plays sport on a tv I can see, though so long as I can't see it OK, but I refuse to spend money anywhere that plays hip hop or rap as I can't ignore it.

I agree. Which makes drinking out in Pattaya difficult. Only 10 bars play human music

The rest is EDM...UDM..

ETC low intelligence drivel

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/18/2019 at 6:34 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Parents that allow their little darlings to disrupt other people's lives should be fined, and banned from flying with them.

Something that makes me really angry in LOS is when antisocial parents put their horror on a seat on public transport so an adult can't use it. I've even seen antisocial parents in London do that on the tube.

I flew low to the ground on a vacation trip to Mexico one time. Took a local bus for a couple hour trip.  I got up and let an older gal sit on the seat and I had about a half butt-cheek on it.  I let her son or grandson sit on my lap.  Life was good.

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think we have found our guy... the Grumpiest Ex-pat !!!.. I wonder if at 10am in the Oriental Coffee shop in Emporium he has a tantrum if he see's a kid, worse yet, if a child were to take his favorite seat. 

Definitely a GOM of the year contender !!!

Nobody is looking for the grumpiest ec pat. ONLY YOU. To deflect from the valid issues arising innthis thread. I dont go to coffee shops but as with any public spaces children should behave or be thrown out. When accusing people of being grumpy, a catch all insult designed to shame people, one should look at the cause of their distress. If badly behaved children and their parents are causing distress then the so called grumpy person is the victim.

10 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

I flew low to the ground on a vacation trip to Mexico one time. Took a local bus for a couple hour trip.  I got up and let an older gal sit on the seat and I had about a half butt-cheek on it.  I let her son or grandson sit on my lap.  Life was good.

Bully for you. You are a saint.

On 11/22/2019 at 4:11 PM, richard_smith237 said:

I think we have found our guy... the Grumpiest Ex-pat !!!.. I wonder if at 10am in the Oriental Coffee shop in Emporium he has a tantrum if he see's a kid, worse yet, if a child were to take his favorite seat. 

Definitely a GOM of the year contender !!!

If being PO at other people's brats making me uncomfortable in a place I've paid to be in, like an aeroplane, I'm your GOM of the millennium.

Given that even their own parents are not allowed to give errant ratbags a good hiding now, I fail to see what can be done other than complain, and hope for businesses that see what a gold mine little <deleted> free venues would be.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If being PO at other people's brats making me uncomfortable in a place I've paid to be in, like an aeroplane, I'm your GOM of the millennium.

Given that even their own parents are not allowed to give errant ratbags a good hiding now, I fail to see what can be done other than complain, and hope for businesses that see what a gold mine little <deleted> free venues would be.

If having a childless place was a gold mine, business owners would have done it already. It would not be a gold mine so businesses don't do it, i think that is pretty clear for all to see.... unless you re suggesting that no one has ever thought of it.....

I love the idea. Personally, I like kids. But I consider them to be very over rated. I was on a long flight recently, and across from me were a couple with a pair of twin boys, about 3 years old. They were loud, could not sit still, and were generally obnoxious. Especially for 14 hours. The father was relatively stern with them, but could not control them at all. I think seating charts showing where young kids are seated, is entirely appropriate. 

I brought earplugs, and used the headset watching movies, in an attempt to drown out the inane drivel. But, it was not adequate. 

On 11/19/2019 at 12:07 AM, sunnyboy2018 said:

Theres a whole resort in Pattaya.  No kids no pets allowed. I dont think babies should be allowed on planes for example. Parents are just so selfish sometimes and so disrespectful of others.

Tell me about it. If I had the money I'd start my own airline (or at least charter line). On my return flight from BKK to ZRH (~12 1/2 hours, due to delay) there was one baby crying non stop, and another on and off. I don't get why people with such small toddlers feel the need to go on such long haul flights. They have to know, that the kid's ears will most likely pop and screaming will ensue. It's not cool to everyone else, being trapped in such a small space. I felt like murdering someone, after being awoken for the xth time....

I get that as a parent screaming babies are a thing you just have to deal with. But I am not a parent, I learned to pull out, or atleast to control my urges long enough to put on a condom. So why should I have to deal with this bs, regardless of it being a wanted child or something spawned out of irresponsibility/subhuman level of self control?!?!

Other than the more obvious places (Nana Square and surrounding bars, dance clubs, etc.) I don't really know about adult only in Thailand, but it probably exists. Most countries have places that they don't allow children/families (or the kids have to be a certain age), not just restaurants and such, but also Spas, Indoor Swimming (even some adult only waterparks), etc.

Archived