MP Ms. Pareena not qualified to rent land in Ratchaburi province

webfact

MP Ms. Pareena not qualified to rent land in Ratchaburi province

parina3-1.png

Palang Pracharat MP for Ratchaburi province, Ms. Pareena Kraikupt, will have to cede to the state the 102 hectares of land in Chom Bung district of Ratchaburi, which she has occupied and utilized for several years, because part of the land is in national forest reserves and the rest is classified as Sor Por Kor or land under the land reform program.

Deputy Agriculture Minister Thammanat Prompao said today that a sign has been erected on the land in question, part of which was developed into a poultry farm by Ms. Pareena, to prevent unauthorized people from entering.

He said he has instructed the Royal Forest Department and the Land Reform Office for Agriculture to work out how to make best use of the land, but he confirmed that Ms. Pareena is not qualified to rent the land because she is not landless or a farmer, despite paying local Por Bor Thor-5 taxes.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/mp-ms-pareena-not-qualified-to-rent-land-in-ratchaburi-province/

thaipbs.jpg

Insomniac posting just a heads up.

I am pleased that it looks like she will be losing the land. Karma is a (insert not permitted word) .

Her trying to get the mother of Thanathorn on a similar charge has backfired spectacularly. 

Now we must see this happening for real her losing the land. I am still unconvinced. But it looks like a positive step.

Something about people in glass houses.

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Insomniac posting just a heads up.

I am pleased that it looks like she will be losing the land. Karma is a (insert not permitted word) .

Her trying to get the mother of Thanathorn on a similar charge has backfired spectacularly. 

Now we must see this happening for real her losing the land. I am still unconvinced. But it looks like a positive step.

Something about people in glass houses.

Given they are the local mafia in that area, i presume the land will just end up in some local poor peoples name who will be bullied and coerced into running it exactly the same as it is now for the benefit of the same family, just not their name on any document. People like that are not going to just sit back and walk away from 1,600 rai chicken plantation presumably making millions of baht a month.

I expect a behind the scene deal with Thammanat has been made to save face all round. No doubt Pareena is far from the only one with illegal land in the family in Government house!

2 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Given they are the local mafia in that area, i presume the land will just end up in some local poor peoples name who will be bullied and coerced into running it exactly the same as it is now for the benefit of the same family, just not their name on any document. People like that are not going to just sit back and walk away from 1,600 rai chicken plantation presumably making millions of baht a month.

I expect a behind the scene deal with Thammanat has been made to save face all round. No doubt Pareena is far from the only one with illegal land in the family in Government house!

I hope your not right but it certainly sounds plausible

1 minute ago, robblok said:

I hope your not right but it certainly sounds plausible

I was not trying to disagree that it looks a good thing, i just find it highly improbable that a family like that would simply up sticks and walk away from that business and land...

33 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

I was not trying to disagree that it looks a good thing, i just find it highly improbable that a family like that would simply up sticks and walk away from that business and land...

I understood what you were saying this is Thailand afterall where the rich get away with a lot. It looks like a good thing but seeing is believing words and no follow up happen often in this country.

I just hope its genuine. 

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

So now some chickens are going to be homeless,

This is just the tip of the iceberg,if only the real

amount of land under control of VIP's who use

proxy's to sit on it,could be made public.

regards worgeordie

Her chickens have come home to roost,????

and will she be charged with using the land(national forrest land)  illegally and have to remove all the building she has had built, somehow I doubt we will see any charges or costs brought against her which is a real pity, would have gone some way into saying the govt is against corruption even though we know they dont care when its their own people doing it

5 hours ago, seajae said:

and will she be charged with using the land(national forrest land)  illegally and have to remove all the building she has had built, somehow I doubt we will see any charges or costs brought against her which is a real pity, would have gone some way into saying the govt is against corruption even though we know they dont care when its their own people doing it

Nobody will be charged. They occupy the land, sometimes for many years and if somebody finds out that´s illegal, there comes an "oooops, i am so sorry" and that´s it. The same with illegal build hotels in National Parks. The owners earn a lot of money, never had to pay for the land and if they close the hotel, the former owner is a rich man. Surprisingly nobody demands a rent for the past years when he occupied the land.

Archived