Why you want to come live in Thailand?

Yinn

5 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Thailand must have one of the best weather patterns of the planet, and the graciousness of the weather reflects on the nature and the people, which is mostly gracious, easy going and well mannered.

Yes, i know, there are negatives like everywhere, but here i am just answering the question in the OP.

Best weather patterns?

Sure if you love floods, monsoons and droughts!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jingjai9 said:

I originally came here to work for one year in order to up my teaching resume. I was an ESL teacher back home and wanted to be able to say I had taught in another country. After my one year in Thailand was finished, I taught one year in Korea and then returned to my country, but missed the magic of Thailand and then returned and have been here many years. I have enjoyed my time here, but everything has a cost and the cost for me was not earning a solid retiremement. 

Unfortunately, when I am too old to work I will have to leave because I will not have enough income to qualify for a retirement visa; I will not even come close. Meantime, I will stay as healthy as I can and enjoy it while I can.

Who would want someone with that mindset teaching?

Seriously?

Missed the Magic of Thailand? What magic are you referring to? What magic did you sell your soul for that you will have no retirement?

6 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Best weather patterns?

Sure if you love floods, monsoons and droughts!

Flood and droughts happen, not only in Thailand.

I love the monsoon weather here by the sea, it rarely happens not to see the sun for 2 days in a row.

13 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

We ALL know the simple answer to that one ???? 

SEX ... 

However that said i did visit a watt..

Edited by elliss

Reallly… All the smells and deja-vou's kept keeping up with me. Nut shell Past life lived here as was my home. Too many visuals. I had to get back home was it in a full rounded shell of must, and I did.

The other benefits are obvious. Can get food anytime easy from your home almost street 18 hours, something always going on, Thai people a buzzing everywhere almost all the time of a 24 hour clock which makes it so much better than a US suburb or city life for the most part. 

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jingjai9 said:

I originally came here to work for one year in order to up my teaching resume. I was an ESL teacher back home and wanted to be able to say I had taught in another country. After my one year in Thailand was finished, I taught one year in Korea and then returned to my country, but missed the magic of Thailand and then returned and have been here many years. I have enjoyed my time here, but everything has a cost and the cost for me was not earning a solid retiremement. 

Unfortunately, when I am too old to work I will have to leave because I will not have enough income to qualify for a retirement visa; I will not even come close. Meantime, I will stay as healthy as I can and enjoy it while I can.

And this is a lesson for all the youngsters and people seen wandering around Asia and where ever, they should be seriously considering stable well paid employment and working for their future retirement, savings and healthcare.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, userabcd said:

And this is a lesson for all the youngsters and people seen wandering around Asia and where ever, they should be seriously considering stable well paid employment and working for their future retirement, savings and healthcare.

I so much agree with you. Here Here! Or work legitimate here or/and get your own business and plan longer term. Meaning pay your taxes for social security in or for your country being abroad, or save like the dickens and get the useless Thai insurance young while you can. You will not get Thai SS. 

24 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Exactly what my father told me 50 years ago.

I am so glad I did not listen to him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Because Thai TV soap operas aren't available any where else.

That used to be true but now with the internet and especially Youtube, you can watch the latest thai lakorn, and other TV programs right after they air in Thailand.  Your problems are solved!!

47 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I am there because my wife is from there. I love my wife and any place in the world would be good for me as long as I am with her. Being that it is Thailand is a bonus. 

Before Thailand I was spinning my wheels, just going through the paces.My wife and Thailand gave me a new lease in life. Thailand like any other place in the world has the good and the bad, I enjoy the good, try to avoid the bad and whatever bad I can't avoid I consider it a small price to pay for all I have.

A litle over 10 years married now.

After my daughter from another marriage. best thing that ever happened to me. 

Good to hear. Thailand turned my life around 29 years ago.....but in a different way.

9 hours ago, seasia said:

Did not miss the poor service, short changing/overcharging, bad driving, lack of respect/noise/ soi dogs.

Did not miss the danger of crossing the roads here.

You complain a lot.

9 hours ago, seasia said:

Planning exit.

Brought up in 1st world countries, no intent of ending it in a 3rd world country.

Can imagine the hate I will receive for the above.

Good idea for you.

Good luck the new place.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2