Brit tourist tells of Thai prison terror after beaten inmate died in his arms

webfact

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, armadillo215 said:

Where is your brain??? This is not a story of his overstay. It's about what happened to someone in prison with him...Does it sound just to you???

It's sad, granted. However we don't know the circumstances. Of course for the family it's always going to be bad, no matter what, BUT:

Some people (I am not saying this is what happened here either, just saying it is a very strong possibility) think they can behave the same way as back home, or even than their usual environment.

It's hard enough to adjust to imprisonment of any kind in your home country and culture, if you've never been, and even worse when in a foreign country, in a completely mixed cultural environment, where the barbarians (call me racist, see if I care, I am refering specifically to the types of animals listed as being imprisoned there on TOP of being from countries where the low lives are even more prone to violence and such) make up the vast majority of people.

Now if they don't manage to adjust well, and then start spouting stuff like "I'm an American, you can't talk to me like that, I know my freedumbz (yes, I AM aware that it is spelled "freedoms" and muh rightz, yeeehaw keyuck keyuck!" and stuff like that, the excrements could very quickly hit the proverbial fan. Esp. with the "death to the infidel!" crowd, that was supposedly in that jail. His nationality alone could have been enough to make him a potential target, coupled with a few stupid, stereotypical outbursts and you got yourself a very toxic and potentially deadly cocktail.

None of this makes what happened okay. However anyone who travels to places like Thailand, and is unaware what prisons, detention centers and the government's view on "muh freedumbz/muh rights" is, and then on top off that overstays his visa, or whatever else to get himself deported, then they are just asking to be nominated for the Darwin Award.

I'm sorry, but let's be real... Personally I am quick to anger, and I have a hard time not to scrap with people who are begging for it. However, I made sure to REALLY keep a lid on my usual impulses while in Thailand. Because before I went there, I looked into certain things and talked to friends and acquaintances who'd been there. I learned, that Thais don't like foreigners fighting and making a nuisance, and that even if you're just defending yourself, there's still a good chance of having 20 people kick your head in.

So when I.e. some drunk (probably drugged up) idiot was getting all aggressive with me when I asked him if he ever found an open club (as in discothek, not "Boom Boom" "Club") - I had overheard him earlier asking the waiter and other people at the restaurant I was eating at, about 20 minutes earlier -, and would continue to be that way even when I tried to calm him down, I chose to say "ok, man. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, you have a good night.", and simply walk off to my bike... Now back home, different story. But I wasn't back home. So I behaved accordingly.

If someone manages to get himself into a place like that, they're obviously not smart in the first place. I won't accuse the guy of starting <deleted> either, but I do have a hard time of believing that he was attacked and beaten like that for no reason. Yes, sometimes you just get into <deleted> in a lock-up environment for no real reason (or for something you didn't even realize you were doing, if you're a first timer)... but unless everyone is having a REALLY <deleted>ty day, because ie the COs have been <deleted> with them, someone stole their commissary, priviledges were revoked, they just got out of isolation, etc. it usually doesn't happen for no reason either.

And of course this British "gentleman" is going to leave that stuff out, to make it seem as that could happen to anyone, who finds himself in there. And how he is soo traumatized by this seemingly random, yet brutal and deadly act of violence, to a) cash in on his sob story and victimhood and b) maybe try and cash in on ptsd related benefits from the UK goverment (i.e. some bs law suit for them not helping him out of there, or claiming not being able to work due to the immense trauma, scared to go out, etc. and thus benefit scrounging even harder)....

So yes, while the story is about a sad death, it is ALSO a story about a lowlife (probably chav) scumbag, who is trying to make a quick buck with it and can't really be considered a credible source.

Sorry, I tend to write too much, rant sometimes, and also I can be all over the place. My mind works too fast for my own good, sometimes ????

On 11/26/2019 at 6:52 PM, FarangULong said:

It's sad, granted. However we don't know the circumstances. Of course for the family it's always going to be bad, no matter what, BUT:

Some people (I am not saying this is what happened here either, just saying it is a very strong possibility) think they can behave the same way as back home, or even than their usual environment.

It's hard enough to adjust to imprisonment of any kind in your home country and culture, if you've never been, and even worse when in a foreign country, in a completely mixed cultural environment, where the barbarians (call me racist, see if I care, I am refering specifically to the types of animals listed as being imprisoned there on TOP of being from countries where the low lives are even more prone to violence and such) make up the vast majority of people.

Now if they don't manage to adjust well, and then start spouting stuff like "I'm an American, you can't talk to me like that, I know my freedumbz (yes, I AM aware that it is spelled "freedoms" and muh rightz, yeeehaw keyuck keyuck!" and stuff like that, the excrements could very quickly hit the proverbial fan. Esp. with the "death to the infidel!" crowd, that was supposedly in that jail. His nationality alone could have been enough to make him a potential target, coupled with a few stupid, stereotypical outbursts and you got yourself a very toxic and potentially deadly cocktail.

None of this makes what happened okay. However anyone who travels to places like Thailand, and is unaware what prisons, detention centers and the government's view on "muh freedumbz/muh rights" is, and then on top off that overstays his visa, or whatever else to get himself deported, then they are just asking to be nominated for the Darwin Award.

I'm sorry, but let's be real... Personally I am quick to anger, and I have a hard time not to scrap with people who are begging for it. However, I made sure to REALLY keep a lid on my usual impulses while in Thailand. Because before I went there, I looked into certain things and talked to friends and acquaintances who'd been there. I learned, that Thais don't like foreigners fighting and making a nuisance, and that even if you're just defending yourself, there's still a good chance of having 20 people kick your head in.

So when I.e. some drunk (probably drugged up) idiot was getting all aggressive with me when I asked him if he ever found an open club (as in discothek, not "Boom Boom" "Club") - I had overheard him earlier asking the waiter and other people at the restaurant I was eating at, about 20 minutes earlier -, and would continue to be that way even when I tried to calm him down, I chose to say "ok, man. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, you have a good night.", and simply walk off to my bike... Now back home, different story. But I wasn't back home. So I behaved accordingly.

If someone manages to get himself into a place like that, they're obviously not smart in the first place. I won't accuse the guy of starting <deleted> either, but I do have a hard time of believing that he was attacked and beaten like that for no reason. Yes, sometimes you just get into <deleted> in a lock-up environment for no real reason (or for something you didn't even realize you were doing, if you're a first timer)... but unless everyone is having a REALLY <deleted>ty day, because ie the COs have been <deleted> with them, someone stole their commissary, priviledges were revoked, they just got out of isolation, etc. it usually doesn't happen for no reason either.

And of course this British "gentleman" is going to leave that stuff out, to make it seem as that could happen to anyone, who finds himself in there. And how he is soo traumatized by this seemingly random, yet brutal and deadly act of violence, to a) cash in on his sob story and victimhood and b) maybe try and cash in on ptsd related benefits from the UK goverment (i.e. some bs law suit for them not helping him out of there, or claiming not being able to work due to the immense trauma, scared to go out, etc. and thus benefit scrounging even harder)....

So yes, while the story is about a sad death, it is ALSO a story about a lowlife (probably chav) scumbag, who is trying to make a quick buck with it and can't really be considered a credible source.

Sorry, I tend to write too much, rant sometimes, and also I can be all over the place. My mind works too fast for my own good, sometimes ????

You need to understand to err in here is a catastrophe as far as the armchair detectives are concerned, who have all the time in the world, waiting for some simpleton to make a mistake. Forget murder, people dying, tragic loss of life. The star prize for any thaivisa member is to attack and Destroy anyone seen to or actually committing the serious act of overstaying. This is the crux of the action  where hell kicks in with the Wrath of the expat.  These usual somewhat dormant TV members, rear their ugly heads absolutely appalled that someone one dared to breach the expat Bible becoming an overstayer. Believe it or not the world outside Thailand have quite a few million immigrants in many other countries staying longer than they should. Forgot that somebody will say this is Thailand. Yes, we need to forget other commonalities with other places around the world, me forgetting that Thailand is the core centre of the world.

Rant over.......

Archived