Brit tourist tells of Thai prison terror after beaten inmate died in his arms

webfact

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Wow.  You sound like a hardcore right-wing Tommy Robinson supporter!  Fortunately, you're in the minority.

Yet you live in Thailand where the immigration laws are multiple times more strict and ultra right-wing? I never understand people who criticize Western nations who have rather lax immigration laws and throw a B**** fit over some sensible immigration policies for the benefit of the people yet have no problem living in countries and nar a word is spoken about those other countries like Thailand's immigration policies.

1 minute ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Do you really expect to die from committing a civil offence?

..... he went to prison because he committed an offence which was deemed illegal to do in Thailand. 

Did he die ... ?  why do you think their are immigration rules & regulations, they are there because they have to be there, otherwise every criminal would be overstaying in Thailand for years.  

21 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Do you really expect to die from committing a civil offence?

That might be right. Nobody should need to die, and then it has gone too far. However, the questions still stand. The ones you chosed to laugh at before, because you could not come up with an answer. ???? 

35 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

A civil matter? Would you like to elaborate on that? Is that according to your interpretation of the matter, western law or the laws of Thailand?

Let´s hear this time.

37 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

These were not holiday makers but professional criminals who had bribed customs officials,  paid off mafia traffickers,  destroyed their ID documents and been given legal help then refused to leave. There is no comparison

I think you'll find there's quite a close comparison.

The two guys in the OP do not appear to be normal 'holiday makers' either.

(according to a 5 minute google search)

PS 'Kai' is a popular Indian name.

http://www.indiachildnames.com/name.aspx?name=Kai

2 hours ago, KhaoTan said:

If IDC knows these gangsters are picking on certain citizens such as US citizens they need to at least hold them separately.  The guy who died in his arms after being denied water and bullied by the gangs was 41 years old.  Here is his obituary. RIP. Obituary of Rickey McDonald  He was a guy who was educated and was loved, have some respect. 

I read that Obituary page put up by the funeral home & noticed that Issacs had posted asking onthere if Ricky had died in the prison which seems strange seeing as he stated in the Mirror newspaper that Ricky died in his arms.

Also it's said that he spent months in there but then it goes on to say that he spent 5 days in police cells before going to court & then was sentanced to 9 days which make 2 weeks in total.

Am I missing something?

RIP Ricky

1 hour ago, zydeco said:

What about the embassies in this story?

1) Where is the American Embassy? Did they actually allow the outright murder of an American citizen by Iranians in a Thai prison to go without investigation?

2) Did the British Embassy actually tell this guy to turn himself in, knowing he would be put in these conditions, rather than urging him to get the money for a flight out and paying the fine at an airport?

Rickey McDonald-"RIP"

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

That might be right. Nobody should need to die, and then it has gone too far. However, the questions still stand. The ones you chosed to laugh at before, because you could not come up with an answer. ???? 

Let´s hear this time.

I'm sure you fully support 112 as well!!!

And why would the race of the gang not be told? Who hates Americans that much? some black Muslim drug gang? Maybe they picked on him because of something he said or did or how he looked, but I am sure many Americans have been in there and did not get beaten because of being American. Just an odd story. 

11 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Guess why you don't go to jail for overstaying, because it's not a criminal offence....

Yes, you do! The only thing is that they separate it, and put a name IDC instead. You are locked up and actually not even let out to see the day of light as normal prisoners. The only difference is that you are allowed to make calls at specific times and clear up your mess by yourself regarding money and ticket to pay and fly home.

If you can´t. Bad luck, then you will stay locked up. If you ain´t call that jail, I will suggest you try it out for yourself.

Actually many overstayers are also held locked up in police stations before they are finally transferred to IDC. That´s the part of jail that goes under the name arrest.

2 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

None i'd prefer the UK had a population not growing by a million every 3-4 years and the cities being swamped by an alien culture that is diametrically opposed to western values, that is not just bad policy, it's insanity

OK Mr. Dramatic, the UK is not being swamped by alien cultures... bit like lower Sukhumvit maybe? ???? 

What do you expect?

Given a comfy bed, lobsters and wine inside the prison?

You can't expect everything to be the same in western countries in Thailand and other countries in Asia.

1. Don't expect VIP treatment in prison.

2. Don't expect people to stop for you in a Zebra Crossing.

3. Don't expect cars to stop when lights go yellow. 

This list will grow.

3 minutes ago, EricTh said:

What do you expect?

You can't expect everything to be the same in western countries in Thailand and other countries in Asia.

This list will grow.

DON'T advertise yourself as a tourist friendly country then! 

3 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

One that puts it's own people first, one that cares about border security and one that wants a sustainable (that word again) population growth?

I prefer countries that just put people first. We are after all, all exactly the same.

16 minutes ago, EricTh said:

What do you expect?

This list will grow.

Well what I don't expect is to be murdered for an overstay and/or being American. If that is what happened in that jail, then the guards are as guilty as anyone.

25 minutes ago, jonclark said:

Hardly surprising though. When I was born there were only 3.5 billion people on the planet, now there are 7.3 billion 40 odd years later, more people = more stuff / houses / demand for services. What do you suggest, selective genocide of those who are different? 

You're the only one who's suggested selective genocide but have tried unsuccessfully to accuse another of doing so.

It was how the final solution got off the ground in Germany in 1941.

Very sad indeed

like i said before if you stay alone in the 3. World corruption you will be randomly exposed to the filthy system. And our own countries doing Nothing about it, whilst at the same time being sooooo worried about migrant rights or human wrights in every corner of the world. Why dont they start with enscouring their citizens rights abroad. 

This american was prop killed by muslims . Makes me puke.

27 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Immediate character assassination of the victim, with minimal regard for the injustice upon him, which might happen any day to any one of us.

The same regard given to the injustice upon Trayvon Martin, Oscar Grant, Michael Brown, and the Black Lives Matter movement which followed in the USA, pointing to the extreme, continued racism not enough people seem to care about in my country.

Pants up, don't loot!

49 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

DON'T advertise yourself as a tourist friendly country then! 

People detained in the IDC are there for a reason of their own making.

If they abide by the dates of the entry stamp and leave by the due exit date then they would have no problems at all.

18 minutes ago, craighj said:

Smells like a BS story to me, the guy is trying to cash in.

Craighj

Well, the death of the American isn't. That is real. Now, what should happen is an investigation of these allegations to see if they are accurate. 

Archived