Brit tourist tells of Thai prison terror after beaten inmate died in his arms

webfact

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More unlikely, exaggerated and embellished garbage published by a red top rag that pays for sensationalised stories.  Odd how in these tales of imprisonment the 'victims' are always incarcerated with "Thai gangster and murderers", the visa overstayers, petty criminals and those convicted of minor offences, who would constitute most of those prison populations are never mentioned.

If he really sent £2000 to himself, that could only be collected from a MoneyGram office on production of his passport.  That suggests that he sent it to someone else who would have had every right to collect the money!  If it paid out in error to the wrong person with no ID MoneyGram would have recompensed him!

"Kai admits he made a mistake by going to stay with Thai friends for several months before contacting the British embassy for help in March this year".

Isaacs admitted that he voluntarily put himself on overstay for several months! 

I wonder how he managed to survive for several months bearing in mind that he allegedly had no money when he arrived here?

"Their own countries didn’t want them back so they had been there for years".

Garbage. No country can deny entry to it's own citizens, assuming they have no other nationality!

A load of Mirror tosh.

3 hours ago, zydeco said:

What about the embassies in this story?

1) Where is the American Embassy? Did they actually allow the outright murder of an American citizen by Iranians in a Thai prison to go without investigation?

2) Did the British Embassy actually tell this guy to turn himself in, knowing he would be put in these conditions, rather than urging him to get the money for a flight out and paying the fine at an airport?

"Where is the American Embassy? Did they actually allow the outright murder of an American citizen..."

Nowhere does it say that he was murdered!

"Did the British Embassy actually tell this guy to turn himself in, knowing he would be put in these conditions, rather than urging him to get the money for a flight out and paying the fine at an airport?"

Of course they did, what else could they do? 

When he contacted the Embassy that is exactly what he would have been told to do, try to get some money sent to him.  The fact that he was told to hand himself in suggests that he was unable to do obtain funds and the British Embassy is not there to repatriate, FOC, deliberate overstayers.

4 hours ago, KhaoTan said:

If IDC knows these gangsters are picking on certain citizens such as US citizens they need to at least hold them separately.  The guy who died in his arms after being denied water and bullied by the gangs was 41 years old.  Here is his obituary. RIP. Obituary of Rickey McDonald  He was a guy who was educated and was loved, have some respect. 

on that obituary .  why would he ask that question if he already knows?

Kai isaacs

says

Hello. Did Rickey pass whilst in the IDC in Bangkok?

57 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Rubbish if you obey the immigration law here, which is hardly difficult, you are NOT going to end up in the IDC

bit like obeying the road traffic act here.  How that work out for you?, pay the BIB off in the end.

Folk in glass houses etc.

57 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Rubbish if you obey the immigration law here, which is hardly difficult, you are NOT going to end up in the IDC

bit like obeying the road traffic act here.  How that work out for you?, pay the BIB off in the end.

Folk in glass houses etc.

5 hours ago, KhaoTan said:

If IDC knows these gangsters are picking on certain citizens such as US citizens they need to at least hold them separately.  The guy who died in his arms after being denied water and bullied by the gangs was 41 years old.  Here is his obituary. RIP. Obituary of Rickey McDonald  He was a guy who was educated and was loved, have some respect. 

You are assuming that the Officers know or for that matter even care, judging by rep[orts over the years a sp[ellin the IDC is not nice and possibly it is like that to deter others. However they owe a duty of care none the less. 

I have misgivings about the story put forth by Mr Isaacs.  It does not appear to be as straightforward as he claims. In my opinion, he has dressed up his story to sensationalise his involvement, and perhaps deflect from his own character.  The Moneygram story in particular doesn't hold much water, and would be more believable if the Daily Mirror were to publish a true copy of his original wiring instructions which he would have received from Moneygram.

Of course, the FBI are going to seize on a story that an American citizen was purposely targeted by (Muslim?) terrorists in a Thai detention centre. I think Mr Isaacs would have played to that situation.  Given that Mr Isaacs is possibly Jewish, it would have been more likely that he, himself, would have been the subject of the terrorists' attention.

The Daily Mirror, in turn, would have taken the story at face value, and embellished it even more.  Possibly, somewhere in the whole narrative, the truth is to be found.  The story needs to be considered with a healthy dose of caution.

54 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

More unlikely, exaggerated and embellished garbage published by a red top rag that pays for sensationalised stories.  Odd how in these tales of imprisonment the 'victims' are always incarcerated with "Thai gangster and murderers", the visa overstayers, petty criminals and those convicted of minor offences, who would constitute most of those prison populations are never mentioned.

If he really sent £2000 to himself, that could only be collected from a MoneyGram office on production of his passport.  That suggests that he sent it to someone else who would have had every right to collect the money!  If it paid out in error to the wrong person with no ID MoneyGram would have recompensed him!

"Kai admits he made a mistake by going to stay with Thai friends for several months before contacting the British embassy for help in March this year".

Isaacs admitted that he voluntarily put himself on overstay for several months! 

I wonder how he managed to survive for several months bearing in mind that he allegedly had no money when he arrived here?

"Their own countries didn’t want them back so they had been there for years".

Garbage. No country can deny entry to it's own citizens, assuming they have no other nationality!

A load of Mirror tosh.

That last statement is incorrect. Some totalitarian states do that now and then. There's an Indonesian fringe Islamist in Malaysia whose country doesn't want him back. They foisted him on Malaysia.

5 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Why is his given name a Thai word? 

It's also a German first name, so maybe one of his parents or other forebear was German?

5 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Wow.  You sound like a hardcore right-wing Tommy Robinson supporter!  Fortunately, you're in the minority.

What he says is true though, illegals etc. are way too overcoddled, and not just in the UK. I lived on Ape Island from April 2006 to December 2007. The company I worked for supplied defence companies, lots of engineering companies, but also HM Prisons and Detention/Deportation Centers. Thus I had some contact with people on the inside. They told me of stuff like illegals and other unwanted (people with a list of convictions, often violent and/or drug related crimes, and other scum) being even offered MONEY to voluntarily get deported. They often take that deal, stay in the center, are sent home free of charge and with a few thousand pounds in their pocket. More often than not, they return to the UK shortly after...

Immigrants are given way too much. I.e. when I first arrived I was immediately eligible for the "dole" (as I am a EU citizen), but I never took a red cent. I guess some people have more pride and work ethic, than others. Until I found permanent employment at said company, I worked all sorts of temp jobs (starting from 5 quid 50 pence), including standing in the pouring rain + soaked wet, while holding a sign that pointed to a housing (I think it was a retirement home) exhibition, for 6 quid an hour... Also I did bring some saved up money, to tie me over somewhat, while working those crappy odd jobs.

Many people come to certain countries (Austria, Germany, Sweden, UK etc.) solely to get the best social/financial benefits available them. Even if they are war refugees, they often cross a number of safe countries, because they talked to people already at their destination (and there used to be even dedicated Facebook groups about this stuff, not sure if they still exist) to find out where they get the best free stuff and the most money for scratching their balls...

This <deleted> needs to stop, fake refugees and other illegals need to be deported ASAP, without the constant interference of NGOs and annoying Church related groups like Caritas (how ironic that a Catholic organisation often pays for the immigration lawyers of Salafists...) prolonging the process, clogging up the system, and making it harder for the valuable immigrants and those really needing help (and wanting to give back to society/their host nation once approved)...

5 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Most countries.  Look at the detention places in America for example.  You think prisons should be like luxury hotels, with individual rooms, tea making facilities, gym, x box games and free education and heal care... or wait.. that is what they are like in the UK. 

You think the Mirror is a good paper to get factual news and true stories?  

No for much longer.  Once we are out of the EU, we won't be forced to have these laws... and the government can scrap all the human rights it wants.... won't be long before UK prisons will be worse than the ones here.  

Are you stupid, or just naive? EU or not, pretty much all Western countries (and many non-Western also) have fundamental human rights firmly anchored in their respective constitutions, so BREXIT or no, it won't change anything. The only thing that might change, is that now those spineless politicians of the West (since those in the East and South East seem to have no problem to take EU subsidiary money, but still tell the Quota Commissars to "jog on") won't have to puss out anymore, when told to fill their quota of refugees etc. and being too afraid to say no.

5 hours ago, 300sd said:

The question is what kind of a country treats people this way? 

No, the question is, what kind of a gullible fool wires money to a Thai girl and arrives in the country with the money gone along with the girl and then proceeds to overstay his 30 day visa by 7 months. Not too mention not even having enough cash in pocket to buy a return ticket (which he should have had in the first place) or a freaking credit card. 

No sympathy. Not one iota. He's an idiot for doing what he did. 

6 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Question is why did he do it? Ignorance, stupidity?

Both, but a more important question: what did he expect when he broke the law in Thailand? A free ride back to England or maybe some help from RTP to continue his vacation in Thailand on overstay? 

6 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Question is why did he do it? Ignorance, stupidity?

The question is why should he need to be locked up together with gangsters and terrorists when all he has done is to overstay his visa ....??....

By law there is a difference between a minor offense and a serious crime - even in Thailand ...

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

So Kai Issacs thinks i can make serious money out of this, just stretch the truth make it sound dramatic, ker ching.

“There were people from 47 different countries."

Well, I suppose he had time to count them all! ????

"Prison isn't supposed to be a holiday camp you know," that phrase is stuck in some people's minds like a broken record. No it isn't supposed to be a holiday camp and there is nothing holiday camp like about being locked up in a cell. Prison is not meant to  be a torture center and thats what is reported here, people housed 150 to a room, beaten to death, not given sufficient water.  

2 minutes ago, ttrd said:

The question is why should he need to be locked in together with gangsters and terrorists when all he has done is to overstay his visa ....

There is a difference between a minor offense and a serious crime - even in Thailand ...

Thailand is all about influence, contacts and money.  If you end up in a detention center you clearly have none of these, so you are at the mercy of everyone - that's when you discover what an undeveloped country Thailand really is.  

Archived