Brit tourist tells of Thai prison terror after beaten inmate died in his arms

webfact

Whatever anybody says about this story , i agree with collinneil , the story about the american just being bullied and beaten just because he's american is B.S . There must have been something else going on . Transfering money to yourself to pick up when arrive and then being picked up by someone else ??? Maybe he just send it to his girlfriend who told him she would pick it up and give it to him when he would arrive . Why travel without money sending all your money to money gram for yourself to pick up when you arrive it's only £2000. No need to send it to yourself you can carry £2000 on you without any problems. He send it to his girlfriend and she must have dissapeared with his £2000 and that's why he is ranting about bad IDC and trying to get something out of this story . Maybe the american guy died but not because of mr isaacs explanation dying in his arms because he was beaten and bullied and he was helping him when he got beaten playing his knight in shining armer . In other words in my mind this story is BIG B.S 

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Question is why did he do it? Ignorance, stupidity?

It doesn't really matter, does it?

He did his time, paid for his wrong doing, 

so why ask why? The answer is not going to change the past.

That is not even what the post is about.

SMH in disbelief.

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Guy looks like a criminal.

And how come they let him board the flight in the UK with no VISA and no return ticket?

This is not the issue, he overstayed and spent some time in IDC, he's not complaining about that.

He's complaining about having to watch an American citizen being tortured and beaten until death.

I'm pretty annoyed off that this happened. The guards in the IDC obviously didn't give a <deleted>.

4 minutes ago, BenBen23 said:

No, the question is why was he kept in inhumane conditions for three months just for overstaying a visa???

He probably could not pay his fine and was working it off.

The bigger question is why was the American in there and why did he die at age 41.  There have been no prior reports of this death in the Thai media and  only his obituary on the internet.

There is an FBI office at the US Embassy Bangkok- I/m rather surprised the  media who interviewed the UK citizen didn't try and corroborate the full story.

RIP

Cry me a river. We all know Thailand is one of the most dangerous countries in the World. If you choose to endanger yourself by entering the land of smiles you only have yourself to blame. No sympathy from me for all the mysterious foreign deaths in Thailand. 

37 minutes ago, BenBen23 said:

No, the question is why was he kept in inhumane conditions for three months just for overstaying a visa???

Because Thais love all foreigners, not just farang --- land of Satan, lol, 555, you must ask yourself, will you get out alive, after all you know they love you so much 555

41 minutes ago, BenBen23 said:

Because the Chinese and Japanese government had balls, Western governments do not. Very sad indeed how cowardly our governments won't stand up to stop the slaughter of Westernes in THAILAND. Sweet dreams and merry Christmas to all you and your foreign embassies in Thailand. Gandhi would not put up with this. 

29 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

No it's not. The question os why he didn't sort out his visa issues before he got arrested.

Do you work for the American embassy?Sure sounds like it. I wish i had a Chinese or Japanese passport if I was foolish enough to visit. I admire the Chinese and Japanese consular services for calling an ace an ace and a spade a spade and helping their citizens who are treated inhumanely.

9 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Agreed. Over stayers should be rounded up and deported. But it is highly debatable whether they should be treated like animals before they have an opportunity to leave these shores for good. 

Where does this regular HATE voiced by some people on this forum about over-stayers come from? Have they done something to you personally? Have you been affected by their doing in any negative way, just curious? Have you had sleepless nights about that?

1 hour ago, Misab said:

The real question is; How is it possible for the world to accept the inhuman way prisoners are treated in Thai prisons. This is 2019 

I know they are criminals, buy still also criminals are human beings and should be treated as such not as animals 

Overstay isn't even a criminal offense, as long as you entered the country not illegally. That's why it's handled by the immigration court and not the criminal court, as it's civil. 

A concept most Thaivisa members don't want or simply can't understand, and i am not talking about you here.

2 hours ago, kimpil01 said:

A few facts regarding the cells and conditions in IDC, Bangkok

1. The cell is run by prisoners, many of them are political refugees waiting for visa to their preferred countries. The room leader is actually a very kindhearted person who helps the inmates every way he can.

2. The cell is about 100m2 and you lie on a blanket on the cement floor. 
3. There are many cells but the cell I’m talking about is where they keep the “normal” westerners.

4. You don’t get out before you have a place to go and money to pay the heavily overpriced ticket.

5. You get chicken or fish once a week (Sunday’s) but if you have cash you can buy better food.

6. The nationalities and number of people is written on a whiteboard inside the cell

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1134655-brit-tourist-tells-of-thai-prison-terror-after-beaten-inmate-died-in-his-arms/?utm_source=newsletter-20191119-1300&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

From the article in the OP (link to which is also posted above here):

"Kai said: “It’s an inhumane place. There are guards but there is a hierarchy among the inmates. The bosses were Iranian ­gangsters and regularly gave severe beatings. Every moment in there was horrific. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.”

So there's that testimony quoted from the article and the fact that someone died from a heart attack brought on by daily beatings. Seems to be a rather different picture you are presenting with your "facts". 

1 minute ago, UTH001 said:

Where does this regular HATE voiced by some people on this forum about over-stayers come from? Have they done something to you personally? Have you been affected by their doing in any negative way, just curious? Have you had sleepless nights about that?

Bad parenting

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Whatever anybody says about this story , i agree with collinneil , the story about the american just being bullied and beaten just because he's american is B.S . There must have been something else going on . Transfering money to yourself to pick up when arrive and then being picked up by someone else ??? Maybe he just send it to his girlfriend who told him she would pick it up and give it to him when he would arrive . Why travel without money sending all your money to money gram for yourself to pick up when you arrive it's only £2000. No need to send it to yourself you can carry £2000 on you without any problems. He send it to his girlfriend and she must have dissapeared with his £2000 and that's why he is ranting about bad IDC and trying to get something out of this story . Maybe the american guy died but not because of mr isaacs explanation dying in his arms because he was beaten and bullied and he was helping him when he got beaten playing his knight in shining armer . In other words in my mind this story is BIG B.S 

The story was bought and published originally by the Sunday People. Britain's answer to True Detective.

Primarily a work of fiction by a Brit who left his wife and kids in the UK to visit his "girlfriend" in Pattaya. We all know the type. Ran out of money, overstayed and got caught. Tried to make some cash out of selling his vastly embellished story to the British gutter press.

I can't believe that anyone on TV is taking this seriously.

The American guy died of a heart attack. No evidence and no suggestion by his family that he was beaten or died in mysterious circumstances.

Get real guys, you're arguing over a work of fiction.

1 minute ago, Shaunduhpostman said:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1134655-brit-tourist-tells-of-thai-prison-terror-after-beaten-inmate-died-in-his-arms/?utm_source=newsletter-20191119-1300&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

From the article in the OP (link to which is also posted above here):

"Kai said: “It’s an inhumane place. There are guards but there is a hierarchy among the inmates. The bosses were Iranian ­gangsters and regularly gave severe beatings. Every moment in there was horrific. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.”

So there's that testimony quoted from the article and the fact that someone died from a heart attack brought on by daily beatings. Seems to be a rather different picture you are presenting with your "facts". 

I bet they don't lay a finger on Chinese or Japanese inmates, if there are any at all, their consular service employees have balls. The white man is the paper tiger as Ho Chi Minh said. 

3 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

The story was bought and published originally by the Sunday People. Britain's answer to True Detective.

Primarily a work of fiction by a Brit who left his wife and kids in the UK to visit his "girlfriend" in Pattaya. We all know the type. Ran out of money, overstayed and got caught. Try to make some cah out of selling his vastly embellished story to the British gutter press.

The American guy died of a heart attack. No evidence and no suggestion by his family that he was beaten or died in mysterious circumstances.

And an American recently died twice already, and good timing as the Pope arrives. There is a good reason Thais believe in Buddhism,  lol, it's the only to explain this mess

5 hours ago, Sticky Wicket said:
5 hours ago, EricTh said:

What do you expect?

Given a comfy bed, lobsters and wine inside the prison?

You can't expect everything to be the same in western countries in Thailand and other countries in Asia.

1. Don't expect VIP treatment in prison.

2. Don't expect people to stop for you in a Zebra Crossing.

3. Don't expect cars to stop when lights go yellow. 

This list will grow.

DON'T advertise yourself as a tourist friendly country then! 

If tourists come to Thailand and obey their laws it is a very friendly country.

Its only a problem for people who break the law.

1 minute ago, Langkawee said:

And an American recently died twice already, and good timing as the Pope arrives. There is a good reason Thais believe in Buddhism,  lol, it's the only to explain this mess

It's easily explained if you accept the fact that the whole story is awork of fiction made up by a low lfe British toe rag out to make some money.

It's the American's family I feel sorry for. Imagine them reading this nonsense, just after they have buried their loved one. Dosn't bear thinking about.

12 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Primarily a work of fiction by a Brit who left his wife and kids in the UK to visit his "girlfriend" in Pattaya. We all know the type. Ran out of money, overstayed and got caught. Tried to make some cash out of selling his vastly embellished story to the British gutter press.

There is no need to spend one day in detention for Chinese or Japanese in Thailand. He was killed because he was not Chinese or Japanese, he was farang trash in the eyes of the Thai government. 

25 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

The turncoats who don't want the brutality against white men exposed, this is why the white man is the paper tiger. Chinese and Japanese stand together against foreign brutality. The yes farang men living in Thailand. 

21 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

the story about the american just being bullied and beaten just because he's american is B.S . There must have been something else going on

American soldiers fighting "terrorists" in Afghanistan and Iraq, have killed over 30,000 innocent civilian non-combatant Muslim's there during the last 18 years and it continues.  According to BBC news more civilians are being killed than insurgents.

I would say that is a good reason...  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-49165676

Archived