Brit tourist tells of Thai prison terror after beaten inmate died in his arms

webfact

2 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

American soldiers fighting "terrorists" in Afghanistan and Iraq, have killed over 30,000 innocent civilian non-combatant Muslim's there during the last 18 years and it continues.  According to BBC news more civilians are being killed than insurgents.

I would say that is a good reason...  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-49165676

That's not my quote. It's not a good reason because it didn't happen. The American died of natural causes and there's zero evidence that he was beaten.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Shaunduhpostman said:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1134655-brit-tourist-tells-of-thai-prison-terror-after-beaten-inmate-died-in-his-arms/?utm_source=newsletter-20191119-1300&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

From the article in the OP (link to which is also posted above here):

"Kai said: “It’s an inhumane place. There are guards but there is a hierarchy among the inmates. The bosses were Iranian ­gangsters and regularly gave severe beatings. Every moment in there was horrific. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.”

So there's that testimony quoted from the article and the fact that someone died from a heart attack brought on by daily beatings. Seems to be a rather different picture you are presenting with your "facts". 

My facts comes from my own experience. I was there from the 26 of June until the 7 of July this year and stayed in the same cell. It is inhuman conditions but the inmates help each other’s as much as possible

2 minutes ago, kimpil01 said:

My facts comes from my own experience. I was there from the 26 of June until the 7 of July this year and stayed in the same cell. It is inhuman conditions but the inmates help each other’s as much as possible

Every report I have had of people's experiences in there are the same.

41 minutes ago, Shaunduhpostman said:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1134655-brit-tourist-tells-of-thai-prison-terror-after-beaten-inmate-died-in-his-arms/?utm_source=newsletter-20191119-1300&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

From the article in the OP (link to which is also posted above here):

"Kai said: “It’s an inhumane place. There are guards but there is a hierarchy among the inmates. The bosses were Iranian ­gangsters and regularly gave severe beatings. Every moment in there was horrific. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.”

So there's that testimony quoted from the article and the fact that someone died from a heart attack brought on by daily beatings. Seems to be a rather different picture you are presenting with your "facts". 

The "facts" you are quoting are from a single source, A lowlife Brit who sold his fictional story to the British gutter press.

8 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

This all sounds very dodgy from the Mirror, he gets 9 days BUT spends 3 months in detention for not being able to afford a 4500 baht fine? Am I reading that right?

And as for British xenophobia against foreigners , what does this line......"a British DAD" infer ? What bearing does the fact that he fathered offspring have to do with him breaking the law in Thailand? 

Agree. Hardly father of the year material. One way ticket to Thailand to see his girlfriend, with no money.

7 hours ago, SidJames said:

I read that Obituary page put up by the funeral home & noticed that Issacs had posted asking onthere if Ricky had died in the prison which seems strange seeing as he stated in the Mirror newspaper that Ricky died in his arms.

Also it's said that he spent months in there but then it goes on to say that he spent 5 days in police cells before going to court & then was sentanced to 9 days which make 2 weeks in total.

Am I missing something?

RIP Ricky

You've hit the nail on its head. Here's the Superhero's question from Ricky's website ;

Kai isaacs

says

Hello. Did Rickey pass whilst in the IDC in Bangkok?

Kai Isaacs, how could he have died in your arms when you were asking this question on this website? (2 months ago)

The story doesn't seem to be true and "Mirror and Co" wanna make some cash. Of course also ""Kai." RIP, Rickey. 

22 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

He wasn't killed. He died of natural causes.

How do you know that?   He was a 41 year old and it is doubtful a person of this age dies from natural causes. Have you seen the autopsy results.  The truth is neither your or i know.

Whether the steory was embellished or not is unknow but in the past there have been plenty of descriptions of what the IDC is like and they match the Brits description.

The man was American and if the 'wardens' were Iranian it is completely plausible they beat on him.

It is also interesting that the Obituary does not mention cause of death. Most American obituaries list a cause such as natural causes.

There is more  to this story and if the FBI has started an investigation, I doubt it will be publicised.

1 minute ago, Thaidream said:

There is more  to this story and if the FBI has started an investigation, I doubt it will be publicised.

It won't be published because it isn't happening. More fiction from the Brit.

There are plenty of factual acconts of life in there. It's grim, but none of then mention regular beatings or Iranians running the place. Just more fiction I'm afraid.

6 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

How do you know that?   He was a 41 year old and it is doubtful a person of this age dies from natural causes. Have you seen the autopsy results.  The truth is neither your or i know.

Whether the steory was embellished or not is unknow but in the past there have been plenty of descriptions of what the IDC is like and they match the Brits description.

The man was American and if the 'wardens' were Iranian it is completely plausible they beat on him.

It is also interesting that the Obituary does not mention cause of death. Most American obituaries list a cause such as natural causes.

The apologits will trust the fantastic BIB and their completely inept autopsy goons.

If they ever and I mean ever had the thought to look at the Khao Tao murders then they would never ever ever trust a Thai again.

The amount of odious Thais involved in that cover up beggars belief and makes you realise the state of this country at present

13 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

And did you see them targetting Americans for beatings?

I was there from 9th May to 9th June I saw many beatings not just Americans European to.. Thank God I had some money in there to buy there goods !!!

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

There are plenty of factual acconts of life in there. It's grim, but none of then mention regular beatings or Iranians running the place. Just more fiction I'm afraid.

It sounds more interesting to the ordinary folks who read the Mirror & Co. 

5 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"Their own countries didn’t want them back so they had been there for years".

Garbage. No country can deny entry to it's own citizens, assuming they have no other nationality!

You have no idea how the world works and shouldn't make such comments. They expose your lack of knowledge.

1 minute ago, Sticky Wicket said:

The apologits will trust the fantastic BIB and their completely inept autopsy goons.

If they ever and I mean ever had the thought to look at the Khao Tao murders then they would never ever ever trust a Thai again

The autopsy was probably carried out in the US when his body was returned, certainly if foul play were suspected.

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

"More fiction I'm afraid".....

Well you tell us what you know from the inside..?

9 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

ntural causes covers a multitude of reasons someone dies....it is the simplest tyhing to say/put on  a death certificate !!!

3 hours ago, Vacuum said:

My understanding of this 'facility' is that it only serves 'customers' who overstayed their visa (if any), not gangsters or terrorists.

Once the foreign gangsters, terrorists, etc, etc have completed their sentences in the regular prison system prior to their deportation where do you think they go when they can't afford the overpriced flight home? Do they release them into Thailand.

Hint: They don't and with no passport and in some cases no consular help at all there is only one destination for them and that's IDC.

3 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Once the foreign gangsters, terrorists, etc, etc have completed their sentences in the regular prison system prior to their deportation where do you think they go when they can't afford the overpriced flight home? Do they release them into Thailand.

Hint: They don't and with no passport and in some cases no consular help at all there is only one destination for them and that's IDC.

Makes me glad I'm no longer in Thailand. Overstay should not attract monetary penalties. talk about kicking somebody when they are down.

Mr Isaacs' story, even all of it, may be true.  What surprises me, however, is that so many of the readers here seem to accept it without any scepticism whatsoever.  Whatever happened to critical thinking? Why accept something at face value, without running a jaundiced eye over it and deciding on its likelihood, given the balance of probabilities?

23 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

You've hit the nail on its head. Here's the Superhero's question from Ricky's website ;

Kai isaacs

says

Hello. Did Rickey pass whilst in the IDC in Bangkok?

Kai Isaacs, how could he have died in your arms when you were asking this question on this website? (2 months ago)

The story doesn't seem to be true and "Mirror and Co" wanna make some cash. Of course also ""Kai." RIP, Rickey. 

Imagine someone you barely knew was beaten to death in front of you, when you were eventually released you would probably scour the internet for reports of his death, you might know his name and where he's from, that's all you would know.

It looks to me like he was reaching out to the guys family to let them know what really happened to their son.

Of course his family have no idea about what happened when he died - because they covered it up.

There's some very nasty and spiteful people in here, I hope one day some of you end up in IDC and we can all have a good laugh about it at your expense.

12 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

The autopsy was probably carried out in the US when his body was returned, certainly if foul play were suspected.

Newbie alert!!!!!!!!!

Read about Hannah and David's bodies when the they were sent back to the UK

The sabotage was so bad that no proper UK autopsy could be undertaken

1 minute ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Newbie alert!!!!!!!!!

Read about Hannah and David's bodies when the they were sent back to the UK

The sabotage was so bad that no proper UK autopsy could be undertaken

is he a newbie..........????........????

Archived