Brit tourist tells of Thai prison terror after beaten inmate died in his arms

webfact

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Guy looks like a criminal.

And how come they let him board the flight in the UK with no VISA and no return ticket?

Why would he need a Visa when boarding in the UK when British nationals get 30 days visa exemption when they arrive at Bangkok?

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, KhaoTan said:

If IDC knows these gangsters are picking on certain citizens such as US citizens they need to at least hold them separately.  The guy who died in his arms after being denied water and bullied by the gangs was 41 years old.  Here is his obituary. RIP. Obituary of Rickey McDonald  He was a guy who was educated and was loved, have some respect. 

Hang on - in that obituary read the first comment. It’s from a certain ‘Kai Isaacs’ asking if the guy who died passed away in the jail ?!?! - you know the one who he’s claiming died in his arms ! ????

1 hour ago, amykat said:

Because either you are suffering from that, or you are naive/have your head in the sand, or just live a life where you don’t experience much in certain areas, or you are too new ...who knows, or you suffer from a belief that you must remain and believe in positivity at all costs???  Or you work for the government propaganda system ....or you troll to cause more posters to have an interesting debate??  

Some of you with this strange belief system sure can throw your fellow expats under the bus and shred them to pieces with little to no information and certainly with no empathy working in that analysis.  No positive thinking on that side.

Get help 

13 hours ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Nobody cares. A farang's life is worth zero

An a slight tangent I've know personally about 20 suspicious deaths (murders) in my time here and not one Thai has ever received a jail sentence!!

20 ?????? Yeah right 

I’m aware of ONE in my time here and she only attempted murder (of an American) - she’s currently doing life so sleep well ????

3 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Which -obviously- makes his story hard to believe.

How could he have been in detention when he wasn't there?

The one million bucks question of the day. 

Arrived 3rd January 2014 deported 9th June 2016, seen more done more Idiot. 

14 hours ago, 300sd said:

The question is what kind of a country treats people this way? 

What hyprocasy. The BBC yesterday reported the case of British soldiers beating to death, two innocent civilians at thier camp in Iraq. There was a cover up and further investigates are beeing asked for

So I don’t doubt his account of how horrific condition are in this prison. But he comes here on a one way ticket, obviously with no intention of returning. Wires money to himself that “mysteriously” disappears when he goes to pick it up.  He needs a better story this one just shows what an idiot and a liar he is.

10 hours ago, Dustdevil said:
11 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"Their own countries didn’t want them back so they had been there for years".

Garbage. No country can deny entry to it's own citizens, assuming they have no other nationality!

A load of Mirror tosh.

That last statement is incorrect. Some totalitarian states do that now and then. There's an Indonesian fringe Islamist in Malaysia whose country doesn't want him back. They foisted him on Malaysia.

Nonsense.  What I said is not incorrect, international law forbids any country from banning entry to that country to it's own citizens!  No country can "foist" it's own citizens on any other country.

14 hours ago, KhaoTan said:

If IDC knows these gangsters are picking on certain citizens such as US citizens they need to at least hold them separately.  The guy who died in his arms after being denied water and bullied by the gangs was 41 years old.  Here is his obituary. RIP. Obituary of Rickey McDonald  He was a guy who was educated and was loved, have some respect. 

In all the years I've contributed in some part to this site, I've never understood how people can be so heartless in their approach. Its as if the world stood still once you become an expat in Thailand. No empathy, compassion, feelings or pity just damnation. Living there for 11years it was great to leave behind all that visa <deleted> that plagued me like a never ending nightmare. I now probably live in a country hotter at certain times of year and cheaper than Thailand. I don't rate it as highly as I used to know seeing all the downfalls. Anyway, rant over so try and not look down on people less fortunate than yourselves .....

7 hours ago, ukrules said:

Yes, that happens when you're beaten daily and deprived of water.

Perhaps, if what was reported was true but there is no corroboration of that.

It's also notable that the American did not die in Isaac's arms so anything that he claims has no credibility at all!

6 hours ago, ukrules said:

You have no idea how the world works and shouldn't make such comments. They expose your lack of knowledge.

They don't expose my lack of knowledge, what I posted is correct, regardless of how you think that the world works! 

Do you really think that if someone committed an offence so horrific that their own country would be allowed, by international law, to deny that person entry if they had no other nationality?  Get real, where would that person be expected to go?

2 hours ago, ScotBkk said:

In all the years I've contributed in some part to this site, I've never understood how people can be so heartless in their approach. Its as if the world stood still once you become an expat in Thailand. No empathy, compassion, feelings or pity just damnation. Living there for 11years it was great to leave behind all that visa <deleted> that plagued me like a never ending nightmare. I now probably live in a country hotter at certain times of year and cheaper than Thailand. I don't rate it as highly as I used to know seeing all the downfalls. Anyway, rant over so try and not look down on people less fortunate than yourselves .....

Yeh people would do well to read about the the philosophy of Kong Qiu

20 hours ago, KhaoTan said:

That tells you how we’re actually viewed, the same. We’re all just criminals just waiting to get caught. That’s what xenophobia is.

18 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Weird that Rickey McDonald's obituary has a post from Kai Isaacs 2 months ago asking if he died at the IDC.

If he died in his arms as claimed in the story, surely he would have known that? Odd story. 

image.png.49e9792d2bdca733e8a4beaa3c7b48a9.png

image.png.c7584685d7b2b170c5a949610c52d018.png

It is weird he uses his real name. Maybe it is him, maybe not. Is there any proof "Rickey" was in Bangkok at all?

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Nonsense.  What I said is not incorrect, international law forbids any country from banning entry to that country to it's own citizens!  No country can "foist" it's own citizens on any other country.

Right. But they might not issue a passport or other  travel documents. It is quite a common practice.

22 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

What was the American in there for? might shed some light on why they picked on him from the off

Quite a fishy story. Do you know he was there at all? Can a US-citizen die here in jail and there is no outcry of the community until someone else months later says "he died in my arms"?

7 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Both, got ripped of by his Thai ''girlfriend'', the money had gone. ignorance or naivety? stupidity overstayed his visa

It's much more likely that there was no "girfriend", the money didn't go missing but got spent on various "girlfriends" on Soi 6.

10 hours ago, fuzzie said:

I was there from 9th May to 9th June I saw many beatings not just Americans European to.. Thank God I had some money in there to buy there goods !!!

6 hours ago, fuzzie said:

Arrived 3rd January 2014 deported 9th June 2016, seen more done more Idiot. 

There's even more holes in your tall tales than the OPs tall tales.

7 hours ago, gerritkaew said:

on a one-way flight to visit his girlfriend.

So it look like his intentions was to stay there with his one way flight.

Before setting off he transferred £2,000 via MoneyGram to collect when he arrived. But when he tried to claim his cash he was told someone had already withdrawn it.

Sure, its easy to withdrawn by MoneyGram by others, or not ?

Not possible in the UK. Without a longstay visa and no return ticket booked, he wouldn't have got on the flight.

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Guy looks like a criminal.

And how come they let him board the flight in the UK with no VISA and no return ticket?

"Looks like a criminal". Sure glad you aren't a policeman, judge or other person in the criminal justice system. Or are you?

1 hour ago, Benmart said:

So many sleuths, judges, experts and critics, ready to cast judgement; one even based on "he looks like a criminal". All these conclusions seem to be derived from mere news stories. Pathetic.

Not "news stories". The claims of one guy who had his story paid for by the Sunday People. Not a newspaper, pulp fiction.

10 hours ago, StevieAus said:

Or alternatively you can accept the situation as it is and despite all the bleating and complaining you will not change the situation 

Also if it is so oppressive why are you you living here

I had a good lifestyle in Australia but prefer to live here despite the so called oppressive, racist etc etc conditions complained about by posters on this site.

If it is so bad return to your previous Utopia,

Somehow I don’t expect a mass exodus,

Well if you factor in the hundreds of of expats fleeing due to TM30 etc then there could be  a mass exodus under way ????

7 hours ago, Just Weird said:

That is what right now happened in Europe with all the IS soldiers stay in Prison and their countries debating if they want take them back or not. So yes I was also thinking like you before but it seems the real world works in a different modus. Let's look how many European citizen stay in some prison in syria or any other area there.. and some really begging to go back home. But their Homecountries not yet decided!

Archived