Calling any youtube savy Isaan dwellers

Liverpudlian

I live on the rural outskirts of the city and would like to possibly meet up with any fellow BMs who are savy with the pros and cons of youtubing .. Why you may ask ? well i'm thick as two short planks when it comes to technical stuff but have excellent projects in mind due to the massive content here at my doorstep , cheers !

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

I’ll look out on You Tube for “A Scouser’s Guide to Issan” ... Good luck, you might do okay as I don’t see too many videos from that area.

Cheers i am a total dumbo at this malarky ... i have had to return my newly purchased gopro 7 white edition camera purchased from robinsons rip off store camera shop as it has ploblem according to my GF ..any way when they return it i will continue my vlog under the tag of "Head cam malarky man" showng vids on my way to the city on a daily basis including shots the poorest of the ignored poor here ok ? nuff said, and once again Cheers. 

If you think you are going to make money from YouTube, then think again. Those days are long gone. There are at least 2 youtubers based in Surin, lifeinthailand and one other I forget the name of.

15 minutes ago, MikeN said:

If you think you are going to make money from YouTube, then think again. Those days are long gone. There are at least 2 youtubers based in Surin, lifeinthailand and one other I forget the name of.

Purely for fun and to give me a voice in a place where i am just a cash cow, OK ? Why else would i want to banter with other tubers in my provence.

On 11/19/2019 at 12:58 PM, Liverpudlian said:

Cheers i am a total dumbo at this malarky ... i have had to return my newly purchased gopro 7 white edition camera purchased from robinsons rip off store camera shop as it has ploblem according to my GF ..any way when they return it i will continue my vlog under the tag of "Head cam malarky man" showng vids on my way to the city on a daily basis including shots the poorest of the ignored poor here ok ? nuff said, and once again Cheers. 

Hope you obtain their prior and informed consent, before you plaster videos of poor folk all over Youtube? You might think that you are somehow helping them by highlighting their plight, but it can have unintended consequences, which is not always favourable for them. Should just be aware before going in feet first to a field you apparently have zero experience of. ????

On 11/23/2019 at 5:07 PM, plachon said:

Hope you obtain their prior and informed consent, before you plaster videos of poor folk all over Youtube? You might think that you are somehow helping them by highlighting their plight, but it can have unintended consequences, which is not always favourable for them. Should just be aware before going in feet first to a field you apparently have zero experience of. ????

I have seen all those vids out there over the years doing just as you mention....my plots are purely off the fan and will NOT be around bars / resturants etc but purely about my arts / crafts and daily foraging around my very rural landscape and to include perhaps some smiley happy " close" friends here who find me a total fruitbat ????

8 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

I use to have 5500 videos mostly from Isaan, posted on Youtube and the web.

It went no where as people are genuinely not interested in that type of content

Thanks for the nod and i understand that content is above all the most important, check out 539 productions .... how he gets so much interest baffles me at times but hey whatever floats ones boat also an american wood artist Scott oconnor whom is pulling in so much interest, CHEERS!

Not sure what you are asking. Anyone can have a YouTube channel (I have 2) and it is easy to upload videos. If you are doing it for a hobby than there are many "How To" videos on starting your YouTube channel. It is not a very good medium for 2 way interactions. It is just a way of sharing your likes or dislikes with other YouTubers. To make any money you will need at least 10,000 subscribers.

Here is a link to my public channel. My other channel is private.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc4M4SMQ49lEgoWa39iqEgA

1 hour ago, Rdrokit said:

Not sure what you are asking. Anyone can have a YouTube channel (I have 2) and it is easy to upload videos. If you are doing it for a hobby than there are many "How To" videos on starting your YouTube channel. It is not a very good medium for 2 way interactions. It is just a way of sharing your likes or dislikes with other YouTubers. To make any money you will need at least 10,000 subscribers.

Here is a link to my public channel. My other channel is private.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc4M4SMQ49lEgoWa39iqEgA

Thanks for the info !  what is the google connection title to begin the process ?  

Here is a tutorial on how to start your channel.

Brilliant ! very much appreciated .... ive always been plagued from a kid with attention defecit dissorder wich was not diagnosed until my late 40s purely by chance but was always good at arts/crafts and selling my stuff in shopping malls round the UK and here were i live i have tons of content i can play around with ... once i'm up and running i will give you a nod ... regards John.

OP, Just remember to do videos of content you like to do or are interested in and have no expectations of monetization.  Also good is to make them useful -- even if it ends up being useful to one person -- that is one person that you helped.  Also, beware of trolls -- best not to feed them... if they have nothing constructive and are negative... don't let it get to you and ignore them.  Just doing it and then trying to figure out what you want to do better the next time is a good place to start... don't overthink it at the beginning, just consider it a learning experience.

Yo !  latest update is ... started my chanel a few days ago with a lotta help from an american buddy and got a test clip up for now until i get my bozo head around editing SO if yall wanna take a peek at the lurve of my life and help me out with a kick start by maybe subscribing ?  i am "headcam malarkyman"  the flick was taken over a year ago  and she has a harmonica now ???? CHEERS !

Congratulations, your off and running. You just don't want people to sign up, you want people who will view and follow your channel to sign up. You could have thousands of subscribers but if they don't follow your channel you will not have very many minutes of viewing. Each month you should get a report from YouTube. Its called Creator Monthly and has all the statistics on your channel. Here's mine from last month.

Rdrokit Power - RockBlues & Roadhouse Music

Creator since 02-2018

353 subscribers

Here’s how your channel did this month

+27

SUBSCRIBERS

+12,995

VIEWS

+22,043

MINUTES WATCHED

And here is how your community responded

+249

+11

COMMENTS

+10

+613

SHARES

Congratulations, your off and running. You just don't want people to sign up, you want people who will view and follow your channel to sign up. You could have thousands of subscribers but if they don't follow your channel you will not have very many minutes of viewing. Each month you should get a report from YouTube. Its called Creator Monthly and has all the statistics on your channel. Here's mine from last month.

Rdrokit Power - RockBlues & Roadhouse Music

Creator since 02-2018

353 subscribers

Here’s how your channel did this month

+27

SUBSCRIBERS

+12,995

VIEWS

+22,043

MINUTES WATCHED

And here is how your community responded

+249

+11

COMMENTS

+10

+613

SHARES

25 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

Here is one guy that inspired me to get going ... scott o connor wood art  cos i love to revamp stuff that Thais discard or burn, but thats just the beginning of my "fly on the wall" malarky ventures  way way unlike any vlogs on Thailand as we normally see and done to the state of boredom and again CHEERS for your input .

On 12/6/2019 at 11:03 AM, Liverpudlian said:

Yo !  latest update is ... started my chanel a few days ago with a lotta help from an american buddy and got a test clip up for now until i get my bozo head around editing SO if yall wanna take a peek at the lurve of my life and help me out with a kick start by maybe subscribing ?  i am "headcam malarkyman"  the flick was taken over a year ago  and she has a harmonica now ???? CHEERS !

How are you editing?? Are you using software? Appreciate any and all info. Thanks

6 minutes ago, Dan747 said:

How are you editing?? Are you using software? Appreciate any and all info. Thanks

Thats my next hurdle , cant make any sense watching folks on youtube waving there hands about like there on speed on the subject ???? onwards and forwards with my dunce hat firmly fixed, my bet is a BM here will come up with a result  ????

1 hour ago, Liverpudlian said:

Thats my next hurdle , cant make any sense watching folks on youtube waving there hands about like there on speed on the subject ???? onwards and forwards with my dunce hat firmly fixed, my bet is a BM here will come up with a result  ????

I use Shotcut. You can get a free copy online and there are tutorials on YouTube on how to use it.

Archived