BANGKOK
webfact

Bangkok ranks 12th on list of cities with the worst air

Bangkok ranks 12th on list of cities with the worst air

By THE NATION

800_4e31f8e1fe42781.png?v=1574128606

The Air Visual application reported on Tuesday (November 19) that Bangkok’s air pollution level according to the US AQI standard stood at 136, with PM 2.5 level at 57.8 micrograms per cubic metre (µg/m3), making it the 12th on the list of cities with the worst air in the world.

Air Quality Index (AQI) is a standard that indicates the quality of air and level of pollution. Level 0-50 means good air quality, 51-100 means moderate quality, 101-105 will start affecting sensitive groups, 151-200 is slightly harmful to health, 201-300 is highly harmful and 301-500 means extremely dangerous level.

Meanwhile, the Pollution Control Department (PCD) reported that air quality in Bangkok and its perimeter is currently hovering between moderate quality to starting to affect health.

The Thai safety limit for PM2.5 is 50 micrograms per cubic metre of air while the safety limit for AQI is 100.

The PCD also reported fine PM2.5 particulate dust higher than standard at 27-53 µg/m3 on Din Daeng Road in Din Daeng district and in Krathumbaen district in Samut Sakhon.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30378488

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-11-19
  • Sad 1

You are not so far from the absolute number one!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pravda said:

Gotta tell ya, you can laugh all you want at cheap Charlies who can't afford to live in Thailand anymore, but Da Nang is starting to look like a legit long term destination now. 

Absolutely rotten, filthy place this is. 

Da Nang is not what it's cracked up to be. I was there in October. The city itself is not a patch on Bangkok. Everything has become very expensive in the last 5 years because they are catering for Korean and Chinese tourists. I would say Da Nang is more expensive than BKK now. Many Korean and local men roaming and hanging around the streets at night. Not many girls to be seen. No way would I live there. If BKK is too polluted move either to the North or South of Thailand

• Haha 1

I hope they take into account the smell 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Not #1 YET, but on the best way to achieve the top position within the next few years...

Can't beat CM...

The rates of pulmonary disease and cancer are rising at an alarming rate in Thailand. China is probably worse but their data is secretive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s getting more and more difficult to lie to the public 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

The PM hasn't "expressed his satisfaction" with that report I see !!! Quiet as a mouse

and neither did TAT.... Quietness quite surprising indeed