When only the best amulet will do! Deputy police chief survives Benz devastation

webfact

When only the best amulet will do! Deputy police chief survives Benz devastation 

6pma.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Thais were marvelling at what they termed the miracle escape of a deputy chief of police after an accident in the north east of the country on Sunday. 

It was clear to them that only the power of a very special amulet could have saved this driver.

Pol Lt Col Natthaphon Tongdech, 57 - deputy chief at Na Kae police station in Nakhon Phanom - only suffered a few cuts to his head after he fell asleep behind the wheel of his Mercedes Benx S200 between Khok Hin Hae and Tha Lat sub-districts around 4.30pm. 

He was off duty.

Pictures showed him conscious in the completely devastated wreckage of his car that had broken in two after hitting a lamppost. 

77kaoded reported that the survivor is a very popular policeman in the area who has been deputy there for two years. It is the hometown of his wife. 

A steady stream of police colleagues and members of the public were visiting him in Nakhon Phanom hospital where he is being kept in for observation. 

The media reported that he tested negative for alcohol. 

Natthaphon said he was tired from all the work he has to do and fell asleep at the wheel. 

And the amulet?

It is a 1975 vintage Phrathat Phanom - especially good and sought after for protecting the wearer.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-19

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, webfact said:

It was clear to them that only the power of a very special amulet could have saved this driver.

I am sure that Mercedes engineers will be wringing their hair out once word of this gets to them. Stunning really that none of the villagers were able to make the connection between a very well built and safe car as opposed to a worthless lump of stone.

55 minutes ago, Creasy said:

He fell asleep at 4.30 in the afternoon ???

When he was asleep, his foot must of went down hard on the gas to mangle a car like that.

Cop driving a Merc S class   ???????

Typical Thai obviously driving at massive speed.  They seem to think that claiming to have fallen asleep helps absolve them of any criminal liability.

Crikey, I am just getting my head around a young palm tree looking like a mythical dragon ???? and then you hit me with this amulet malarcky.....before lunchtime!  Slow it down a bit folks or my head will explode......

Maybe I  should buy a lucky rabbits foot....just in case..... ????

I think we all need to take and have more faith in these amulets and go buy one to ward off the evil immigration rules torturing us now. Maybe if we all have one all the power will lock together to rescind some of the last hoop declarations even the evil TM30 spook and maybe they open us up to easy permanent residence or a 10 yr visa that is not costly..

39 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Officially he makes maybe 50k per month.

If he is able to drive a 4 million baht car, then he makes at least another 50k in "tips"?

Well first of all, the car is more likely to be 1-1.5M baht value, secondly with 50K income in Thailand you can get any loan.
Monthly payment would be a minor 10-15K a month, that is less than people on a 15K salary with a Toyota Vios on finance.

Nice try to make a cliche comment tho.

1 minute ago, Misterwhisper said:

The only true miracle here is how a Thai police colonel has been able to afford an S class Mercedes-Benz.

Sigh, not at all. You must be so misinformed or clueless on this. Nothing special about it.

2 hours ago, bannork said:

I love Phra ThatPhanom, especially the annual fair in February, full of folks from Laos and Issan. The chedi is something special.

Still, better to trust the old seat belt in a car and turn up the music if you're feeling sleepy 

If I am feeling sleepy I generally find a shady patch, pull over, lock the doors and sleep for a while.

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

deleted post

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

There's no such thing as an S200.

I am sure that Mercedes Benz don't know that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_S-Class

Mercedes have been building the S200 since 1972 and they are still building then in 2019.

The Mercedes-Benz S-Class, formerly known as Sonderklasse (German for "special class", abbreviated as "S-Klasse"), is a series of full-size luxury sedans and limousines produced by the German automaker Mercedes-Benz, a division of German company Daimler AG. The S-Class designation for top-of-the-line Mercedes-Benz models was officially introduced in 1972 with the W116, and has remained in use ever since.

The S-Class has debuted many of the company's latest innovations, including drivetrain technologies, interior features, and safety systems (such as the first seatbelt pretensioners).[5] The S-Class has ranked as the world's best-selling luxury sedan,[6] and its latest generation, the W222 S-Class, premiered in 2013. As in previous iterations, the W222 S-Class is sold in standard and long-wheelbase versions; I4, V6, V8, V12, diesel and hybrid powertrains are offered. All models built in Mexico or sold in the United States are available in long wheelbase only.

1 hour ago, GoFaster said:

So what is the difference apart from the faith of the wearer between an amulet,a crucifix and a Star of David ? I see a lot of derision of amulets but not the other two symbols of hope

No difference except that in the West no newspaper would dare to write that it was the crucifix or the star of David that saved the life of the driver.

They really  have a pea in the skull to write such bulls.hit.

Nothing to do with superior car -engineering and a whole a** full of luck!

Sure was the amulette!

Also: how fast was he going, falling asleep?

Near supersonic?

How do you wreck a car like that?

...and suuuuure he was tested negative for alcohol!

...oh look...a pig just flew by the window!

3 hours ago, Creasy said:

Cop driving a Merc S class   ???????

What´s strange with that? He has the title Deputy Police Chief, which give him a higher salury. 

However, good luck for him surviving that mess. Little bit amulett and little bit luck is a good combination. Hope he gets home to his family quick.

Archived