When only the best amulet will do! Deputy police chief survives Benz devastation

webfact

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Creasy said:

He fell asleep at 4.30 in the afternoon ???

When he was asleep, his foot must of went down hard on the gas to mangle a car like that.

Cop driving a Merc S class   ???????

Late lunch, too much bad liquid consumed.

The Merc, maybe he borrowed it from a rich friend who died.

From the photographs in the original article it would appear that the Benz in question is a third generation or W140 S Class sedan, which were made from 1991–1998.

So hardly a new or expensive model.

Strong enough though... and probably had more to do with saving the driver's life than any lucky amulet he may have been wearing.

When he was asleep, his foot must of went down hard on the gas to mangle a car like that.

no doubt exhausted from the effort it must take to collect peripheral funds to pay for a benz

It's not uncommon, Mercedes, BMW, Volvo ...

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

Always surprises me when someone who is blind drunk, has a serious accident and walks away unscathed. Something to do with being relaxed at the point of impact, I'm told.

Not that I'm suggesting that this douche was ratted of course. 555

"The media reported that he tested negative for alcohol"

Proper reading goes a long way

4 hours ago, webfact said:

It was clear to them that only the power of a very special amulet could have saved this driver.

Of course we will conveniently forget the 10's of thousands that die annually while wearing them and/or having them in your vehicle.

The base model S200 starts at US$ 91,000. Assuming he (ahem) bought the base model, which is highly unlikely as he's a big shot and wants the bells and whistles that car cost him 3 million baht give or take. 

Where does a cop get that kinda dough? Like...legally I mean? 

56 minutes ago, allanos said:

That's why the Mercedes-Benz tag line, "engineered like no other car in the world", has stood the test of time.

Yes, of course, but what amulets do the engineers wear? Those would be the ones to buy!

4 hours ago, Creasy said:

I bet the alcho test was rigged and any proof of him driving to fast and reckless dismissed.

Driving a S class Merc on police salary sounds fishy, corruption as usual?    

That's an old S280 from the mid to late 90s and you can tell by the styling and wing mirrors etc. Well made cars those Benz were in the 90s but they kind of screwed up with the W220 which was made from 1999-2005 and only really got their mojo back properly with the W221 in 2006-7. A Benz like the one (S280 W140) in this crash can be picked up on One2Car for like 250-400k baht ... still over priced but good cars if a little pricey to keep on the road for what they are. So, quite affordable for this guy and there are loads of older Thai guys that think this sort of Benz is the be-all and end-all of motoring ... personally, I prefer the W221, much better car altogether.

3 hours ago, GoFaster said:

So what is the difference apart from the faith of the wearer between an amulet,a crucifix and a Star of David ? I see a lot of derision of amulets but not the other two symbols of hope

Nothing  the  level  of stupidity required is  the  same.

4 hours ago, GoFaster said:

So what is the difference apart from the faith of the wearer between an amulet,a crucifix and a Star of David ? I see a lot of derision of amulets but not the other two symbols of hope

4 hours ago, GoFaster said:

There's a country mile between hope and blind, dumbass faith

5 minutes ago, go4it said:

In the pictures it‘s clearly visible that was an old car.  The W140 series were built between 1991 and 1998. Still an expensive car in Thailand 

Not really expansive. Nissan March, Isuzu pickup etc more expansive. 

Only 170,000-250,000 baht 

I think he will sell this one very cheaply now. Will be expansive to fix.

https://rod.kaidee.com/product-351751439

1 hour ago, hanuman2543 said:

"The media reported that he tested negative for alcohol"

Proper reading goes a long way

...as does believing in this cr*p!

As far as I know, Hi-So's can ask for an alcohol test with 24+ hours delay!

So a higher ranking police officer is tested with no alcohol, as he destroys a German automobile...rrrrrright....

????

5 hours ago, Creasy said:

Something similar happened outside my house. He then hit the bank at the side of the road and flew through the upper part of a tree before landing, facing in the opposite direction, a metre from the door of the house opposite. Silly sod had been driving all day, said he was tired but was only 10 km from home so kept going. Wrecked his car of course, and his insurance had expired the day before ????

Archived