When only the best amulet will do! Deputy police chief survives Benz devastation

webfact

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I am sure that Mercedes engineers will be wringing their hair out once word of this gets to them. Stunning really that none of the villagers were able to make the connection between a very well built and safe car as opposed to a worthless lump of stone.

It was already a sought after amulet .So far from worthless and now very sought after. its value will increase considerably. The Amulet market is big business in Thailand if you know what you are looking for. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, GoFaster said:

So what is the difference apart from the faith of the wearer between an amulet,a crucifix and a Star of David ? I see a lot of derision of amulets but not the other two symbols of hope

When was the last time either of the latter two were given any credibility for a wearers stupidity?

As for the car, my first thought was that it must have been a 'cut-and-shut' write off to have disintegrated in that manner.

Come on, some folks wear a cross, St Chris medal, Star of David I chose to wear a Buddha, the one I have been wearing for last 30 years has seen some scary stuff but we walked away from all of it. Maybe it don't mean anything to you but to me its comforting, I have many but wear one, working mans amulet that came from Korat. Some may know of the foul mouth monk...doesn't matter. Friends wife got it for me and al the Thai wives said I needed it... never argue with a gaggle of Thai wives.....Now 66 an been in the patch for 43 years, its all good. Whatever floats your boat.....

y

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I am sure that Mercedes engineers will be wringing their hair out once word of this gets to them. Stunning really that none of the villagers were able to make the connection between a very well built and safe car as opposed to a worthless lump of stone.

Worthless lump of stone ??? This sentence will give you 20 years of bad luck ????

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

I am sure that Mercedes Benz don't know that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_S-Class

Mercedes have been building the S200 since 1972 and they are still building then in 2019.

The Mercedes-Benz S-Class, formerly known as Sonderklasse (German for "special class", abbreviated as "S-Klasse"), is a series of full-size luxury sedans and limousines produced by the German automaker Mercedes-Benz, a division of German company Daimler AG. The S-Class designation for top-of-the-line Mercedes-Benz models was officially introduced in 1972 with the W116, and has remained in use ever since.

The S-Class has debuted many of the company's latest innovations, including drivetrain technologies, interior features, and safety systems (such as the first seatbelt pretensioners).[5] The S-Class has ranked as the world's best-selling luxury sedan,[6] and its latest generation, the W222 S-Class, premiered in 2013. As in previous iterations, the W222 S-Class is sold in standard and long-wheelbase versions; I4, V6, V8, V12, diesel and hybrid powertrains are offered. All models built in Mexico or sold in the United States are available in long wheelbase only.

Looks like an old W140 S280 to me, although perhaps I'm wrong. Worth <deleted> all.

I also an unaware of any model called S200, ever.

7 hours ago, GoFaster said:

So what is the difference apart from the faith of the wearer between an amulet,a crucifix and a Star of David ? I see a lot of derision of amulets but not the other two symbols of hope

Absolutely nothing.

Maybe a Chulallongkorn University student can do a PhD analysts the survival rates of cars having amulets/monks/etc and those that do not. I'm betting from personal observation that those with all the tat have a higher rate of accidents and fatalities than those that do not. Certainly taxi drivers with that stuff seem to be more mental than younger drivers with clean , clutter free cabs. But we never hear of all the deaths that had amulets so any self-selected sample proves absolutely nothing. But this would be applying western enlightenment  logic to a medieval superstitious state. Same goes for takrut

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takrut

4 hours ago, Saint Nick said:

...as does believing in this cr*p!

As far as I know, Hi-So's can ask for an alcohol test with 24+ hours delay!

So a higher ranking police officer is tested with no alcohol, as he destroys a German automobile...rrrrrright....

????

Any proof or only a prejudice?

GEEZZZ what did he do to get a Mercedes get damaged like that???

Think about only the left side mirror isn't broken.

He must had more angels around him then only those from the amulets.

11 hours ago, GoFaster said:

St Christopher Medal, commonly understood to be the Patron Saint of travel comes to mind. 

10 hours ago, billd766 said:

I am sure that Mercedes Benz don't know that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_S-Class

Mercedes have been building the S200 since 1972 and they are still building then in 2019.

The Mercedes-Benz S-Class, formerly known as Sonderklasse (German for "special class", abbreviated as "S-Klasse"), is a series of full-size luxury sedans and limousines produced by the German automaker Mercedes-Benz, a division of German company Daimler AG. The S-Class designation for top-of-the-line Mercedes-Benz models was officially introduced in 1972 with the W116, and has remained in use ever since.

The S-Class has debuted many of the company's latest innovations, including drivetrain technologies, interior features, and safety systems (such as the first seatbelt pretensioners).[5] The S-Class has ranked as the world's best-selling luxury sedan,[6] and its latest generation, the W222 S-Class, premiered in 2013. As in previous iterations, the W222 S-Class is sold in standard and long-wheelbase versions; I4, V6, V8, V12, diesel and hybrid powertrains are offered. All models built in Mexico or sold in the United States are available in long wheelbase only.

Thanks for copying and pasting a load of unrelated stuff from Wikipedia.  I know the S-Class exists.

I said there is no such thing as an S200.  Read through the lengthy article you linked to and there is no S200.  No sure what point you are trying to score, but it hasn't worked.

The car in question is an S280.

Archived