Civic minded German praised for keeping Thailand tidy

webfact

Civic minded German praised for keeping Thailand tidy

7pm.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

Thai media called a German man a foreigner with a heart of gold after reports of his collecting trash and keeping his housing estate clean. 

Manager went to Ban Choke Bunmee in Cha-Am, Petchaburi on hearing that the German was sweeping up, collecting leaves, cutting grass, cleaning the roads as well as sorting out the overflowing bins. 

The 56 year old - named as "Yorch" - said that he was a restaurant owner in the fatherland before moving to Koh Samui for two years. 

7pm1.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

He has been in Cha-Am for the last 5 months and cleans up every day when he goes out for his early morning cycle. 

Local woman "Aunty Maew", 60, had nothing but praise for her neighbor, thanking him for keeping the area so beautiful. 

The German commented that if everyone chipped in and did their bit that would help to keep it pleasant to live in. 

Source: Manager Online

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-19

1 hour ago, SkyNets said:

Workpermit jokes in 3..2..1 go!

You got in there first !!!... 

Ok, I'll go with, jokes about those making working permit comments in 3..2..1.. go !!!

But you are quite right, there will most definitely be some tool to come along in a minute and suggest that this guy will be arrested for working !!!... 

1 hour ago, Myran said:

"Local woman "Aunty Maew", 60, had nothing but praise for her neighbor, thanking him for keeping the area so beautiful."

Praise takes zero effort to give and means nothing. How about giving him a helping hand instead?

I think it must be a TVF poster thing, you know these amazing powers that you can deduce all this from one sentence 

47 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

I think it must be a TVF poster thing, you know these amazing powers that you can deduce all this from one sentence 

Extreme lack of reading comprehension seems to be another one of those Thai Visa poster things.

What did I deduce? That praise takes zero effort? That's not a fact, but my own opinion. And he wouldn't be complaining about people not helping out if they were indeed helping out, aside from the fact that she wouldn't be thanking him for keeping the area clean if she was helping him do it, so yes, that was one amazing deduction I made through the power of actually reading the article.

But it was a nice attempt, champ. Chin up.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The German commented that if everyone chipped in and did their bit that would help to keep it pleasant to live in.

Good Luck, to make that one fall down and be understood. They just think it´s better to praise the foreigner instead, It´s only work for one anyway. 

dude aint been here too long then i guess... your wasting your time? easier just to add to the mess....ive been cleaning up, fixing roads, fitting drain pipes, fire fighting, fixing peoples cars, bikes, electricity, plumming... you name it and all i have to show for it is neighbours tht want me out cuz im too dam nice and helpful. i was raided recently by special police looking for guns and drugs which is crazy!! best save your energy, thais aint worth sht!!!!. Take what you can and get out i reckon..

2 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Years ago there was a thread on here by a guy that  cleaned up the entire village he was living in. Spend a decent amount of money getting in diggers etc, making a nice 'green', even made a playground for the kids.

When finished the locals put a big pile of garbage in the middle of the green and broke everything he made. ????

He fell sick and after a few days they called round, to enquire as to when he's getting back to cleaning. ????

The thread had to be deleted for personal reasons as locals in the village became aware of it and his safety was in serious risk 555.

I'm sure a few of the older posters on here remember it. 

I remember it and it  tells  you  all you need  to know.

5 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Well done "Georg ".

That's what I like with Germans: Everything has to be neat and tidy. 

Ordnung muss sein. 

Same as their country. Strict rules. ????

At least they don't burn their garbage on the marketplace.....????️‍♀️

On 11/19/2019 at 6:25 AM, richard_smith237 said:

You got in there first !!!... 

Ok, I'll go with, jokes about those making working permit comments in 3..2..1.. go !!!

But you are quite right, there will most definitely be some tool to come along in a minute and suggest that this guy will be arrested for working !!!... 

It's no joke, especially in these times where the Thai authorities will use any excuse to boot you out. I wouldn't lift a finger, leave it to the Thais !

7 minutes ago, the guest said:

It's no joke, especially in these times where the Thai authorities will use any excuse to boot you out. I wouldn't lift a finger, leave it to the Thais !

Right, all it would take is for one of his neighbors to call the "snitch on a farang" hotline and there might be a raid and arrest in short order.

There are roads where a lot of rubbish is dumped west of the main city centre, but generally I find most streets and lanes are pretty much free of rubbish. Who is cleaning it up?

Wealthy retired farang who look down on Thais' 'lack of civic pride' should bear in mind that most Thai people (especially in the poor areas where the rubbish is worst - probably dumped by builders, etc) struggle to meet their basic daily costs, and typically work ridiculously long hours.

I get that Thailand has its negatives, but geez this site is a shocker for the constant whinging. Why don't you go home if it's so bad here, and whine about the English weather, or are you only here 'for the whores' and cheap stuff?

1 minute ago, Liverpudlian said:

Try to find a green wheely bin round our manor is like searching for a pot of gold !

... taken for use as Koi Tanks... 

well, more so for water storage, and the Koi added to eat the mosquito wrigglers

On 11/19/2019 at 12:49 PM, Happy Grumpy said:

My money is on some local Thais purposefully littering just so he comes around cleaning up after them. 

Will probably start putting down hazardous waste next. ????

several years back a pleasant professionally employed farang friend and his Thai wife and 2 kids moved into a fairly new village in Udon. A few days later a handwritten letter in his letterbox re village rules, mentioning that the wife and kids were welcome to use the pool but not the farang.

The Thai wife was furious, she went to the poll and sat around for a wile being pleasant to the other Thai folks sitting around who she assumed would not know she had a farang husband.

She asked 2 ladies if outside visitors were allowed to use the pool.

Answer, 'Yes, if they are family, but farang especially black farang are banned'. She asked why, answer 'farang so dirty'.

Archived