Civic minded German praised for keeping Thailand tidy

webfact

12 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Answer, 'Yes, if they are family, but farang especially black farang are banned'. She asked why, answer 'farang so dirty'.

I don't know about the black farang, but I have to admit I see many farang here that could do with a good wash.  Next time you are in a supermarket just look at a few.... greasy hair plastered to their heads, dull dirty looking skin on their faces, bad teeth, sweat drenching their shirts, not shaved, and a rather pungent BO smell if you get to near them, as well as often dirty, old and ill fitting clothes.

Really, the dirty ones are not that rare.  I have not noticed a Thai with such poor personal cleanliness, with the exception of some homeless drunk ones.  

On 11/23/2019 at 3:35 PM, teatime101 said:

There are roads where a lot of rubbish is dumped west of the main city centre, but generally I find most streets and lanes are pretty much free of rubbish. Who is cleaning it up?

Wealthy retired farang who look down on Thais' 'lack of civic pride' should bear in mind that most Thai people (especially in the poor areas where the rubbish is worst - probably dumped by builders, etc) struggle to meet their basic daily costs, and typically work ridiculously long hours.

I get that Thailand has its negatives, but geez this site is a shocker for the constant whinging. Why don't you go home if it's so bad here, and whine about the English weather, or are you only here 'for the whores' and cheap stuff?

What a stupid comment, if you don't like TVF don't read it and read all the rubbish

from the country you come from.

On 11/23/2019 at 2:35 PM, teatime101 said:

There are roads where a lot of rubbish is dumped west of the main city centre, but generally I find most streets and lanes are pretty much free of rubbish. Who is cleaning it up?

Wealthy retired farang who look down on Thais' 'lack of civic pride' should bear in mind that most Thai people (especially in the poor areas where the rubbish is worst - probably dumped by builders, etc) struggle to meet their basic daily costs, and typically work ridiculously long hours.

I get that Thailand has its negatives, but geez this site is a shocker for the constant whinging. Why don't you go home if it's so bad here, and whine about the English weather, or are you only here 'for the whores' and cheap stuff?

A newbie with the ThaiVisa.com's favorite golden droplet of banal insipidy  'Go home if you don't like it here' !!!

Brilliant stuff - I look forwards to your next comments 'the farang is always to blame' and when you get brave your first topic 'I met a girl.....:cheesy:

Are personal attacks moderated here? I didn't attack anybody personally, why are you?

I've been closely involved with Thailand for 12 years, so hardly a newbie - just this forum. I thought I might learn something new. The level of commentary is mostly not worth reading, let alone responding to, your post being a good example. Cynical whinging about Thailand is never-ending. The general disrespect towards Thai people and its culture is appalling. 

Yes, go home if 'you' don't like it here. Good riddance.

On 11/29/2019 at 2:01 PM, jak2002003 said:

I don't know about the black farang, but I have to admit I see many farang here that could do with a good wash. 

I can't imagine where you're hanging out. I never see farang in that state. Abhorrence towards dark skin is widespread, though. It's quite common to see Thai outdoor workers with full face masks to prevent tanning.

I was going to share some pics (but nah) I took of some narrow soi southwest of Blueport, near the train tracks - not a piece of rubbish anywhere near people's homes or in market areas. Away from normal housing there is plenty, so it's probably a case of 'out of sight - out of mind'.

My main complaint is the endless burning of rubbish and other organic material. It's not only a health hazard but 'spoils the view' of Hua Hin's small, but beautiful, mountains.

On 11/29/2019 at 10:01 AM, jak2002003 said:

bad teeth

This is a British thing. And the older I get the more I adopt it. Of course, with enough money, it's always possible to have perfect teeth. I kinda lost it havta I heard Hollywood wannabees we're replacing perfectly good natural teeth with false teeth to conform to the Hollywood norm. I'm rather proud of my discoloured teeth, especially the lower set, which despite the best efforts of bad dentists, and sugary sweets, have survived. My father had a trick, he would pick me up with his teeth. Genetics survives in the lower set, in the upper set the environment rules.

On 11/19/2019 at 2:00 AM, unamazedloso said:

dude aint been here too long then i guess... your wasting your time? easier just to add to the mess....ive been cleaning up, fixing roads, fitting drain pipes, fire fighting, fixing peoples cars, bikes, electricity, plumming... you name it and all i have to show for it is neighbours tht want me out cuz im too dam nice and helpful. i was raided recently by special police looking for guns and drugs which is crazy!! best save your energy, thais aint worth sht!!!!. Take what you can and get out i reckon..

"i was raided recently by special police looking for guns and drugs which is crazy!!"...….

Maybe they keep seeing this photo of yourself that you have posted on this forum. If I were them I'd be thinking you might be using too. ???? 

unamazedloso

sorry, but he just demeans himself in the eyes of the locals, while they  sit on their hands and do nothing.  Actually, they do something, they produce the trash he is cleaning up. By all means look after your own land and immediate surrounds that impact you, but don't help the people who cause the problem in the first place.  They learn nothing by seeing this man acting as a local labourer. 

12 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

sorry, but he just demeans himself in the eyes of the locals, while they  sit on their hands and do nothing.  Actually, they do something, they produce the trash he is cleaning up. By all means look after your own land and immediate surrounds that impact you, but don't help the people who cause the problem in the first place.  They learn nothing by seeing this man acting as a local labourer. 

He's not demeaning himself. Who cares what the Thais do. This guy was obviously raised the right way. Either thank him or say nothing rather than putting him down for his kind actions.

25 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

He's not demeaning himself. Who cares what the Thais do. This guy was obviously raised the right way. Either thank him or say nothing rather than putting him down for his kind actions.

Well its up to him, but let's not pretend that they think he is some kind of Good Samaritan, come to save them from their own laziness   He may be appear to be a good neighbour to his farang friends and he would be in his own country, but not here.  Here is just a gullible foreigner doing a job the locals should be doing, locals who have no regard for their local areas and the environment.  the more we do the jobs that they should be dong the less they will do. Watch the locals, brush their own (deleted) into the street, keeping their house nice and clean and the road and verges covered in trash

11 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Well its up to him, but let's not pretend that they think he is some kind of Good Samaritan, come to save them from their own laziness   He may be appear to be a good neighbour to his farang friends and he would be in his own country, but not here.  Here is just a gullible foreigner doing a job the locals should be doing, locals who have no regard for their local areas and the environment.  the more we do the jobs that they should be dong the less they will do. Watch the locals, brush their own (deleted) into the street, keeping their house nice and clean and the road and verges covered in trash

Don't focus on those that don't do their part. Rather appreciate those that go beyond what is expected.

If there were more people like this guy in the world it would be a far better place.

7 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

Don't focus on those that don't do their part. Rather appreciate those that go beyond what is expected.

If there were more people like this guy in the world it would be a far better place.

sorry I don't buy it.  Human nature is what it is, hence nothing will be done about climate change, or other serious environmental issues and the Thais will never understand things like the plastic bag ban, or beach and sea filth.  I used to act and think like this fine gentleman, but not anymore. I now just look after me and my own, while being as environmentally aware and friendly as I can reasonably be. I will let others do the education bit.  

22 hours ago, Pilotman said:

sorry I don't buy it.  Human nature is what it is, hence nothing will be done about climate change, or other serious environmental issues and the Thais will never understand things like the plastic bag ban, or beach and sea filth.  I used to act and think like this fine gentleman, but not anymore. I now just look after me and my own, while being as environmentally aware and friendly as I can reasonably be. I will let others do the education bit.  

"while being as environmentally aware and friendly as I can reasonably be.".... seems like this guy is a lot like you and a lot not like you. Who cares what others are doing as long as a person is doing the right thing like this guy. Just because some people don't do the right things in life there is no reason to throw up in your arms and say "if you don't care why should I?". You only need to focus on doing the right thing regardless of what others do.  

Maybe that is the answer, all tourists when they get off the plane are given a work permit for picking up trash. 

That would be the only way it will get picked up.. 

On 11/19/2019 at 12:49 PM, Happy Grumpy said:

My money is on some local Thais purposefully littering just so he comes around cleaning up after them. 

Will probably start putting down hazardous waste next. ????

Spot on , when Thailand goes Nuclear Power ,  farlang can take of Nuclear waste .

Work permit ,  and 90 day exempt ..

On 12/10/2019 at 9:01 AM, HuskerDo said:

"while being as environmentally aware and friendly as I can reasonably be.".... seems like this guy is a lot like you and a lot not like you. Who cares what others are doing as long as a person is doing the right thing like this guy. Just because some people don't do the right things in life there is no reason to throw up in your arms and say "if you don't care why should I?". You only need to focus on doing the right thing regardless of what others do.  

my beef with it is that it stops the locals. who should be doing it, bothering to get of their asses and do the job themselves.  It's like a child, do everything for it and it ends up not being able to do anything itself. 

On 12/11/2019 at 11:02 PM, Pilotman said:

my beef with it is that it stops the locals. who should be doing it, bothering to get of their asses and do the job themselves.  It's like a child, do everything for it and it ends up not being able to do anything itself. 

Why would you or anyone have a "beef" as you call it? If the Thais are lazy in your opinion so be it. This guy is doing something positive with his time. You are spending your time complaining about the Thais. Did you also complain about your neighbors back in your homeland? I'll assume so.

9 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

Why would you or anyone have a "beef" as you call it? If the Thais are lazy in your opinion so be it. This guy is doing something positive with his time. You are spending your time complaining about the Thais. Did you also complain about your neighbors back in your homeland? I'll assume so.

Because it is a subject on an open forum; because there is a very reasonable counter argument to the many expressions of support for his actions; because I live in Thailand and I would like to see a massive increase in the Thais taking responsibility for the cleanliness and environment of their own country. Enough reasons for you?  And I don't complain about my neighbours here as they are civic minded themselves and do take care of our local environment.  Clearly this is not the case all around the country, in fact, far from it. 

Archived