BANGKOK
webfact

Civic minded German praised for keeping Thailand tidy

7 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

Don't focus on those that don't do their part. Rather appreciate those that go beyond what is expected.

If there were more people like this guy in the world it would be a far better place.

sorry I don't buy it.  Human nature is what it is, hence nothing will be done about climate change, or other serious environmental issues and the Thais will never understand things like the plastic bag ban, or beach and sea filth.  I used to act and think like this fine gentleman, but not anymore. I now just look after me and my own, while being as environmentally aware and friendly as I can reasonably be. I will let others do the education bit.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Pilotman said:

sorry I don't buy it.  Human nature is what it is, hence nothing will be done about climate change, or other serious environmental issues and the Thais will never understand things like the plastic bag ban, or beach and sea filth.  I used to act and think like this fine gentleman, but not anymore. I now just look after me and my own, while being as environmentally aware and friendly as I can reasonably be. I will let others do the education bit.  

"while being as environmentally aware and friendly as I can reasonably be.".... seems like this guy is a lot like you and a lot not like you. Who cares what others are doing as long as a person is doing the right thing like this guy. Just because some people don't do the right things in life there is no reason to throw up in your arms and say "if you don't care why should I?". You only need to focus on doing the right thing regardless of what others do.  

• Like 1

Maybe that is the answer, all tourists when they get off the plane are given a work permit for picking up trash. 

That would be the only way it will get picked up.. 

On 11/19/2019 at 12:49 PM, Happy Grumpy said:

My money is on some local Thais purposefully littering just so he comes around cleaning up after them. 

Will probably start putting down hazardous waste next. 😂

Spot on , when Thailand goes Nuclear Power ,  farlang can take of Nuclear waste .

Work permit ,  and 90 day exempt ..

Edited by elliss

On 12/10/2019 at 9:01 AM, HuskerDo said:

"while being as environmentally aware and friendly as I can reasonably be.".... seems like this guy is a lot like you and a lot not like you. Who cares what others are doing as long as a person is doing the right thing like this guy. Just because some people don't do the right things in life there is no reason to throw up in your arms and say "if you don't care why should I?". You only need to focus on doing the right thing regardless of what others do.  

my beef with it is that it stops the locals. who should be doing it, bothering to get of their asses and do the job themselves.  It's like a child, do everything for it and it ends up not being able to do anything itself.