Over 80 on OA Extensions for 14 years. Chiang Mai.

At this time the only viable work around seems to be to start over using non immigrant O visa entry (either visa from other country and enter or exit/return and apply for change to non immigrant for 2,000 baht and show of financials).   With time one would hope that a better solution might be found - but from the still uncorrected on-line 90 day reporting not being available to those without a recent entry not too sure.

• Thanks 2

If you must be insured, that is a difficult situation.

One thought is to pursuade one of the insurers to write a policy for the required amount, with a first risk amount that is similar, ( for a nominal fee. )

Then one would be insured !!

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, KKr said:

If you must be insured, that is a difficult situation.

One thought is to pursuade one of the insurers to write a policy for the required amount, with a first risk amount that is similar, ( for a nominal fee. )

Then one would be insured !!

Really? Please explain!

2 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

"but from the still uncorrected on-line 90 day reporting not being available to those without a recent entry not too sure."

What has this got to do with the OP's question?   

The we may not get a quick resolution - still none except exit/enter for the 90 day on-line reporting and they have had years to fix that. 

• Like 2

Oh dear,  can someone clarify this one please.

My understanding is that "health Insurance" is only needed for new O-A visa after 31 October 2019 to gain entry into Thailand.   And,   for those who are currently on "extensions" (and started with 0-A) health insurance is not required at this time?

This gentleman who is 80 yrs (sirwilly) has no chance of getting health insurance in Thailand from what I have read.

Perhaps Ubon Joe can clarify this one?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Your last sentence, Thai people in general yes, but the Thai government or immigration???????

How many people say TIT ? It is true, this is Thailand, Immigration are Thai people we come here because of these facts. 

Why would there be any "special provisions" for you? They require over 50's to have health insurance on retirement visas and for very good reason. They don't want unpaid hospital bills by any uninsured aging population who are most at risk. You either need to get it or leave Thailand when they reject your extension and go back to your home country.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davut said:

Oh dear,  can someone clarify this one please.

My understanding is that "health Insurance" is only needed for new O-A visa after 31 October 2019 to gain entry into Thailand.   And,   for those who are currently on "extensions" (and started with 0-A) health insurance is not required at this time?

This gentleman who is 80 yrs (sirwilly) has no chance of getting health insurance in Thailand from what I have read.

Perhaps Ubon Joe can clarify this one?

You've got some catching up to do.  

• Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Why would there be any "special provisions" for you? They require over 50's to have health insurance on retirement visas and for very good reason. They don't want unpaid hospital bills by any uninsured aging population who are most at risk. You either need to get it or leave Thailand when they reject your extension and go back to your home country.

So I guess those who on an Non O never had an unpaid hospital bill.  Where Have you been?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

They require over 50's to have health insurance on retirement visas and for very good reason. They don't want unpaid hospital bills by any uninsured aging population who are most at risk.

But the policies they promote would pay little if anything toward the hospital bills. Maybe another reason?

• Like 2

imo at 80 yrs old I would not be using an 'agent' to try and bribe an IO ( truthfully that would be the only 'function' of an 'agent' in this case). Giving people advice to break the law (facilitation to corruption) is both irresponsible and idiotic. As other posters have suggested go the elite or the o visa route.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

why they don't make a black list from the hospitals bills(names, nationality,age, not yet pay) and make a data base and transmit to the immigration office,it is so easy when they come to the IOs they can control this,now they aim one type op persons may be with the most integrity and financial means,they have always minimum 400.000 on the bank account,it is just an idea i am not a minister.And i am very curious which age are not paying the bills because the first question when you go to the private hospitals is, have you an insurance or a credit card and without i think they will not help you,about the government hospitals i don't know,but they are always under "the oath of Hippocrates".