The Election Commission orders FFP to submit documents on Thanathorn’s loan

webfact

The Election Commission orders FFP to submit documents on Thanathorn’s loan

By THE NATION

800_49325c3e31b69f0.jpg?v=1574146510

Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit

The Office of the Election Commission of Thailand (ECT) on Tuesday (November 19) issued an announcement referring to an accusation made against Future Forward Party leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit for lending money to his own party, which may be a violation of election and political party law according to article 66 of Political Party Act B.E. 2560.

The law prohibits the donation of money, assets or any benefits to a political party exceeding Bt10 million per year.

The Election Commission’s meeting ,which was attended by investigating officers and members of the complaint-handling subcommittee, unanimously agreed that there are grounds for investigation and therefore demanded Future Forward Party to submit any evidence and documents pertaining to the abovementioned transaction to the complaint-handling subcommittee as soon as possible so that the investigation can start with transparency and with justice to all parties.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30378501

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-11-19

18 hours ago, webfact said:

an accusation made against Future Forward Party leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit

Made by whom?

Does the law prevent identification of an accuser, assuming there was actually an accuser and not from within the EC itself?

And why an accusation now seven months after the election, especially since FFP had requested registration by the EC two months before the elections?

There seems to be a pattern of political retaliation against the FFP. As each accusation is cleared or set aside for further review, another arises. 

The only surprise with this story is that anybody is surprised. Future Forward represent the educated urban middle classes critical of the laughable attempts at legitimising military rule through the sham of a parliamentary system. Small wonder the ruling autocracy want it crushed. 

58 minutes ago, Diddl said:

Wow!  When are they going to leave this guy alone.  I hope his fighting power lasts forever.  Don't ever give up Thanathorn.

No.. they will chase him, hound him and by hook or crook they will find something to nail him.... 

purely because he's in an opposition party with some influence.

So much for democracy.

2 hours ago, Charlie1 said:

It just shows what kind of cowards those in power are. All they can do is sue and waste tax payers money. Disgusting bunch of hypocrites!

Er, waste of money if the accusations are false perhaps.

But politicians, especially those aspiring to be whiter than white, aren't above the law. And billionaires can certainly afford lawyers to make sure they aren't ignorant of relevant laws.

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

But politicians, especially those aspiring to be whiter than white, aren't above the law. And billionaires can certainly afford lawyers to make sure they aren't ignorant of relevant laws.

Prayut - didn't recite oath properly as required by law. He's above the law.

Prawit - obviously stolen watches. He's above the law.

Thammanat - Fake Phd and drug smuggling conviction (You can't be an MP if you have a drug conviction or fake credentials. He's above the law.

Thanathorn - may have transferred his shares for an defunct in-flight magazine a few hours late - on the wrong political side. 

And we all know how seriously Thais take their laws. Jesus, remind me to never do 45 on a 40km an hour road. I could end up in big, big trouble. Unless of course I tell the police I'm a Prayut fanboy. 

24 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Prayut - didn't recite oath properly as required by law. He's above the law.

Prawit - obviously stolen watches. He's above the law.

Thammanat - Fake Phd and drug smuggling conviction (You can't be an MP if you have a drug conviction or fake credentials. He's above the law.

Thanathorn - may have transferred his shares for an defunct in-flight magazine a few hours late - on the wrong political side. 

And we all know how seriously Thais take their laws. Jesus, remind me to never do 45 on a 45km an hour road. I could end up in big, big trouble. Unless of course I tell the police I'm a Prayut fanboy. 

No. tell the police your name is Steven and you were doing 100.....And all will be ok

5 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Made by whom?

Does the law prevent identification of an accuser, assuming there was actually an accuser and not from within the EC itself?

And why an accusation now seven months after the election, especially since FFP had requested registration by the EC two months before the elections?

There seems to be a pattern of political retaliation against the FFP. As each accusation is cleared or set aside for further review, another arises. 

It's clear their out to get him and his party, a big threat to the status quo.

They already sentenced him guilty for the media shares. They didn't find him guilty because they had evidence proving their case but rather find him guilty because they don't accept the evidence that he provided that proved he signed the company over. He is out of the game. Not a threat to the elite anymore and most like the whole party will be dissolved by another sentence soo .

Seems like thaivisa/the nation is a bit late and haven't uploaded anything about it yet. 

Sad that actual democracy in Thailand seems impossible at the moment. 

13 minutes ago, Okis said:

They already sentenced him guilty for the media shares. They didn't find him guilty because they had evidence proving their case but rather find him guilty because they don't accept the evidence that he provided that proved he signed the company over. He is out of the game. Not a threat to the elite anymore and most like the whole party will be dissolved by another sentence soo .

Seems like thaivisa/the nation is a bit late and haven't uploaded anything about it yet. 

Sad that actual democracy in Thailand seems impossible at the moment. 

He's lost his status but he isn't banned from politics. Me thinks the judges were doing as ordered but managed to negotiate a deal with their pay masters to cover themselves for whatever might happen in the future. 

It's not the worst verdict he could have got under this autocracy, but it's still a very sad state of affairs. 

5 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

How about generals who stage a coup (again) and the first thing they do is give themselves immunity from ALL past, present and future actions?

Are THEY above the law and are they whiter than white?

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

How about generals who stage a coup (again) and the first thing they do is give themselves immunity from ALL past, present and future actions?

Are THEY above the law and are they whiter than white?

But wait till the next coup when yet another military faction will have power.

17 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

But wait till the next coup when yet another military faction will have power.

TBH I am expecting one from Apirat fairly soon because he will retire next year and I am not sure if the army will follow him once he is retired.

Archived