Tidying up the wires on Thappraya Road

wpcoe

Noticed this project in progress this afternoon on the short dog-leg of Thappraya Road from the "Hanuman" statue to the police box.  Probably a decent second choice over burying the cables underground.  They apparently are ripping all the "dead" wires and then securing the remaining ones into a tight bundle (first photo).  There are piles of cables every 20m or so that they had removed (second photo.)

Thappraya-wire-bundling_01.jpg.03fd6248f228dd9a77f8faf12f70b7c3.jpg  

Thappraya-wire-bundling_02.jpg.56380b6b0b8363e98cd387e9747ccc02.jpg

Wonder if anybody lost their CATV or internet access in the process?

They can bury all the wires they like but there will be many more overhead ones to go up to replace them. 

New contracts, new installations....does anyone think they are going to dig up the ground again to install the new ones? This is Thailand we are talking about.

16 hours ago, newnative said:

Well, I guess it's better than nothing.  I have yet to see a single wire buried.

There are certainly enough holes around Pattaya at the moment to bury the lot! And for many roads it is a repeat performance!

22 hours ago, jacko45k said:

There are certainly enough holes around Pattaya at the moment to bury the lot! And for many roads it is a repeat performance!

Yes there seems to be roadworks everywhere. The one outside the Court House on Thappraya Road is causing chaos.

20 minutes ago, Captain 776 said:

1/2 of the mess of wires are long since abandoned but there is no money in removing them........so they leave them in place and run new ones as needed

Surprising really, years ago my cable TV used to go out and the frequent excuse was cable thieves! Just had my internet/TV cable replaced by fibre, and they wouldn't take down the old cable. Keeps the birds happy.

Archived