Arriving wit 30 days. Want to extend Extend another 30 days

1 hour ago, Harveyboy said:

Thanks mate I'll pass it on... 

Question.. If the return air ticket  is for 2 months and only have 30 day.. Hoping to get extension of 30 days when getting here... Will this customs let him thru  read that if ticket exceeds 30 day refusal is possible    

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Typically it is the airline that wants to see a ticket out within 30 days of arrival. Immigration seldom ask for it when entering the country.

If needed a low cost one way ticket to nearby country will be accepted.

Again tks for that mate.. 

A Tm7 needs to be filled in 

I have  found that the best local immigration  offices are Hui hin and patong 

Had trouble  with the jobs worths at Jomtian twice 

But to say that I have 11 extensions on my passport  immigration  at Bangkok  airport not like  it 

Was questioned  at length  which held up the every one in the que

And don't forget  to put only 30 days on your Tm6

You may or may not be asked  for your booked  flight out in 60 days

Just in case  make  sure your have  a print of your flight details out if you are asked for it when you go for the extension and immigration  do like  you to have 15 days left on your 30day visa

1 hour ago, Papafarang said:

But to say that I have 11 extensions on my passport  immigration  at Bangkok  airport not like  it 

Fascinating. So if someone is staying in Pattaya he should travel to Hua Hin ( or Hui Hin) to get an extension?

From my experience  the officers at Jomtien are very accommodating.

2 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Fascinating. So if someone is staying in Pattaya he should travel to Hua Hin ( or Hui Hin) to get an extension?

From my experience  the officers at Jomtien are very accommodating.

In my experience - this was a few years ago - the I/O in Jomtien refused to do anything for me. He said to go back to Chiang Mai to get my extension. He had a job to do.. He just had to recognize me as a human being and stamp my passport and he refused.

4 hours ago, Papafarang said:

And don't forget  to put only 30 days on your Tm6

You may or may not be asked  for your booked  flight out in 60 days

Just in case  make  sure your have  a print of your flight details out if you are asked for it when you go for the extension and immigration  do like  you to have 15 days left on your 30day visa

He does not need 15 days left when extending a tourist visa. He can do it 2 days before it expires if he wants to. 

4 hours ago, Papafarang said:

There are never ever any problems with 30 days extensions at Jomtien Immigration. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CHiangMaiMuu said:

In my experience - this was a few years ago - the I/O in Jomtien refused to do anything for me. He said to go back to Chiang Mai to get my extension. He had a job to do.. He just had to recognize me as a human being and stamp my passport and he refused.

What kind of extension are you talking about? This is about a simple 30 days extension, and there won't be a problem at Jomtien Immigration. It wasn't even a problem "a few years ago".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CHiangMaiMuu said:

He said to go back to Chiang Mai to get my extension. He had a job to do.. He just had to recognize me as a human being and stamp my passport and he refused.

Either you had no proof of address in the area served by Jomtien office and/or he thought your enormous sense of entitlement was a problem.