Bangkok named most favourite leisure city by Business Traveller China magazine

snoop1130

Bangkok named most favourite leisure city by Business Traveller China magazine

By THE NATION

800_a45154e3857099c.jpg

Bangkok has been named the most favourite leisure city in the world in 2019 over Tokyo and Sanya by Business Traveller China magazine, Governor Assawin Kwanmuang posted on his official Facebook page on Monday (November 18).

The results were announced at the 15th Business Traveller China awards on November 15 at a gala dinner held at New World Beijing Hotel, representing genuine feedback and appreciation from the magazine’s readers.

“We still occupy the hearts of tourists all over the world as the most attractive global city and the most popular destination in the world,” Assawin said.

“Bangkok will continue to promote local tourism featuring beautiful places and outstanding products of each district of the city," he said. 

“Moreover, we will improve Bangkok’s security, food quality, cleanliness, and cityscape to create a worthy impression for foreign tourists who decide to visit the city, providing income for Bangkokian business owners,” Assawin added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30378511

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-11-19

12 minutes ago, steven100 said:

This can't be right   !!  must be fake news …...

Because the usual TV farang moaners & whingers keep telling us Thailand is going downhill and everything is bad and the Chinese aren't coming any more ….    lol  :cheesy:

There is so much to do in Bangkok.... its a great city to live in. 

Could it be improved, absolutely... it could do with lots more, more parks, better public transport, better roads etc.

But for restaurants, getting around cheaply, activities for adults and kids, it's difficult to beat...  and those who complain about the pollution....  I just came back from the UAE which had worse pollution (AQI). 

Everywhere has good and bad. Traffic is my major gripe in Bangkok, then I go else where and get stuck in traffic. 

People hate Bangkok because they want to... they look for things to hate to make their undeveloped slice of dusty backwardness in someway seem better - they'll quote too many malls, too many condos, who buys all this designer stuff anyway? etc, who needs so many starbucks etc... they are partially right but that's the cost of not living in a backwater which has no decent hospitals or education facilities. Don't agree, the Hosptials and Schools in any other province of Thailand and many regional capitals cannot compete with Bumrungrad and Patana School... 

32 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

by Business Traveller China magazine,

just look who posted/conducted the survey... they have to be kidding, comparing Tokyo to Bkk as for Sanya (located at the south end of Hainan island), besides Chinese business people and some fat/drunk Russians nobody else there

10 minutes ago, madmen said:

Suck it up bashers ???? , Bangkok wins every award out there  every year. No wonder the condo market has gone ballastic !

Suck it up bashers ???? , Bangkok wins every award THAT IS FOR SALE out there  every year. No wonder the condo market has gone ballastic !

1 minute ago, oldhippy said:

Suck it up bashers ???? , Bangkok wins every award THAT IS FOR SALE out there  every year. No wonder the condo market has gone ballastic !

LOL what next , but but but they are all in transit LMAO!! I bet this thread doesnt go more than 3 pages unless I might just keep bumping it and it may go to 4 

25 minutes ago, madmen said:

LOL what next , but but but they are all in transit LMAO!! I bet this thread doesnt go more than 3 pages unless I might just keep bumping it and it may go to 4 

Business men like BKK for it being a top leisure city.

What do business men concider to be likeable leisure activities?

Sorry what rubbish. Having been an expat on and off since 2002 having lived and worked in Bangkok and seeing first hand it's decline. All the cheering by the usual suspect posters sorry but as Scott Kilmore says if you believe ratings by magazines your mad as they are paid to advertise. If you love walking about in malls then OK but would I let my children on ANY Thai fun park ride NEVER. That survey is as believable as Unicorns and the tooth fairy.... I will believe my own eyes and experience, I will believe people who actually live in Thailand and have more worldly experience than an army barracks etc. Lol deluded. 

11 minutes ago, Scot123 said:

Sorry what rubbish. Having been an expat on and off since 2002 having lived and worked in Bangkok and seeing first hand it's decline. All the cheering by the usual suspect posters sorry but as Scott Kilmore says if you believe ratings by magazines your mad as they are paid to advertise. If you love walking about in malls then OK but would I let my children on ANY Thai fun park ride NEVER. That survey is as believable as Unicorns and the tooth fairy.... I will believe my own eyes and experience, I will believe people who actually live in Thailand and have more worldly experience than an army barracks etc. Lol deluded. 

Lets ignore china bussiness magazine with a circulation of millions and beleive some random annonymous internet dude called Sotty ????????  God I love Tv !!

9 hours ago, madmen said:

Suck it up bashers ???? , Bangkok wins every award out there  every year. No wonder the condo market has gone ballastic !

agree …...  every poll, every award, every good news report is not correct according to the Thai bashers.

Suck it up whingers & moaners. …. :cheesy:

10 hours ago, madmen said:

And how much did they pay to get this printed out? There are so many travel companies and websites, I bet if this Chinese magazine was not mentioned here no one would have heard of them.

14 hours ago, steven100 said:

This can't be right   !!  must be fake news …...

Because the usual TV farang moaners & whingers keep telling us Thailand is going downhill and everything is bad and the Chinese aren't coming any more ….    lol  :cheesy:

Read the headline.

This story is about well healed business/diplomatic/civil service officials living high on the hog on their expense accounts and floating around the city in their limousines and enjoying the treasures and delights which are normally well outside of the price range of most tourists and travellers. 

Your usual pro Prayut Chan-o-cha spin about how wonderful the economy is going has nothing to do with the story.

And the story is nothing more than elitist blurb put out by one of Chan-o-cha's puppets Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwannmuang who he appointed using Article 44 in 2016

IseThailand is a 3rd world trashpit, every vacant lot in Nonthaburi is filled with rotting plastic trashbags.. Rat infested lots.. To fix, someone plows the garbage into the soil, a better idea, of course, instead of picking it up in the first place .... The Chao Praya river is full of plastic trash that ends up in the sea.. There is an island near Bang sara,  Fox island to be exact, that has a 4' wall of plastic trash completely around it.... Paradise?  If you like garbage....

14 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Could it be improved, absolutely... it could do with lots more, more parks, better public transport, better roads etc.

But for restaurants, getting around cheaply, activities for adults and kids, it's difficult to beat...  

Excellent post great to see positive and realistic post first thing 

in the morning....

There is so much to do in Bangkok.... its a great city to live in. 

Could it be improved, absolutely... it could do with lots more, more parks, better public transport, better roads etc.

But for restaurants, getting around cheaply, activities for adults and kids, it's difficult to beat.

Seriously shenzhen china and tokyo have a far better public transportation system im sure cheaper too. Not to mention more clean friendly better shopping and so on. More to do for kids and adults with the exception of no windows opporating systems and no google in china. But still thats only 2 places that are better then bkk and if i put a little more time into it i know i could easily name a few more. To say bkk is so great. If it was why in the hell am i sick do to constant stress while living here in bkk. Why am i contantly getting more and more grey hairs while here. A place that causes so much stress it makes you phyisically ill is not a great and top tier level place to visit or be in. 

2 hours ago, legend49 said:

And how much did they pay to get this printed out? There are so many travel companies and websites, I bet if this Chinese magazine was not mentioned here no one would have heard of them.

Did they also pay mastercard for naming Bangkok as the most visited city in the world 3 times in a row? oh yeah of course they did because mastercard needed the money ????

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

But for restaurants, getting around cheaply, activities for adults and kids, it's difficult to beat...  and those who complain about the pollution....  I just came back from the UAE which had worse pollution (AQI). 

Everywhere has good and bad. Traffic is my major gripe in Bangkok, then I go else where and get stuck in traffic. 

People hate Bangkok because they want to... they look for things to hate to make their undeveloped slice of dusty backwardness in someway seem better - they'll quote too many malls, too many condos, who buys all this designer stuff anyway? etc, who needs so many starbucks etc... they are partially right but that's the cost of not living in a backwater which has no decent hospitals or education facilities. Don't agree, the Hosptials and Schools in any other province of Thailand and many regional capitals cannot compete with Bumrungrad and Patana School... 

Could start by improving driving laws. I’m not even 3 years here yet and already seen over 5 motorbike / car accidents in person. In two of them i know people died. Just a few days ago a motorbike fell while driving fast here on nut. Luckily I don’t think the owner died but rip the motorbike. 

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

agree …...  every poll, every award, every good news report is not correct according to the Thai bashers.

Suck it up whingers & moaners. …. :cheesy:

Note to self: Whinging & moaning = Wrong

Whinging & moaning about whingers & moaners = Okay

Archived