Daughter, bank employees sued for Bt250m embezzlement

snoop1130

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bristolgeoff said:

why not give the daughter some of the money anyway if she needed it.instead sue her and the bank for it back

Because no parent is obliged to give anything to their children other than proper care until they reach adulthood.

I'm sure given the wealth of the family (assuming), the daughter should've been given a good education.  It's unfortunate she was probably never taught to be independent...and self reliant.

1 hour ago, mberbae said:

Kasikorn's explanation is laughable. It is the RULES & LAWS that the bank

employees should adhere to. NOT the wishes of relatives, no matter HOW

close. 

Banking Elsewhere,

MWB

Yep.

How do you think ANY of us would go trying the same thing in our respective countries ??

I cant hear you ?

All those who say Banking is THE SAME here as at  home are talking through their orifices.

8 hours ago, kevin612 said:

This is a family matter, the daughter couldn’t wait for the big fortune.

Agreed... just makes you wonder what happened to 250 million baht... thats not loose change?

As for the retched daughter.... bang her up for years & years to rethink her loyalty to her mother!

Similar thing happened to a friend of mine in Laos except it was his wife and only $400,000. She convinced the bank manager that he said it was okay but didn't have time to go to the bank and fill in the proper documents. 

Something similar happened in Korea when I was there and I took part in it. I had a friend who was leaving due to severe alcoholism. We went into the bank, a couple of us carried/dragged him in while he held his bottle of soju.

The Korean tellers scattered leaving the new girl there alone. I put a pen in my friend's hand then held it while I scribbled something on a bunch of documents transferring 120K to Canada while he swigged soju. Then we left and the Koreans were just happy we were gone.

Man, no bank in the Western world would allow that. It was insane. 

11 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Isn't it every country who thinks they can prey and get from an ailing person like this woman? But I can say Thai are notorious for when someone dies or wins the lottery for coming out of the woodwork to get or take it as they know Thai laws are lax. Foreigners beware and prepare, it my happen to your family. 

I don't think it can get much lower than this.... Stealing from your own ailing mother... Corruption and the desire for money, overides everything else, in Thailand.. 

I will go and close my accounts with Kasikorn today. Have you ever heard of „changing the withdrawal rules of Huay’s savings account from signing with a signature to fingerprint identification“? I mean, how medieval is that and knowing the Thais love for details and precision .........

Not, that I would have B 250 million to withdraw and my kids luckily make enough money on their own but you never know ........ the postman, the gasman, the water delivery boy, or beware, Somchai himself ..........

I went to SCB just to change the contact phone number on my account.  I had to show my passport to do it.  When I went there I only had a copy of it with me which they would not accept.  I had to go back home and get it.

8 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Ahh!  Family values, the much touted Thai family unit. Lovely daughter! ????

I thought it was part of Thai culture to always sent money to their mum/dad every month, doesn't matter how rich or poor they are. Wonder if the daughter has been sending mum a monthly allowance at all?

12 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

So according to this lame excuse anyone can march into a bank branch and clean out their close relative's bank account because they "wish to do so" and without bank staff demanding to see some legitimization?  

From what I understand, as long as you have the bank book .... no questions asked. Fortunately, I only lost 2m baht. I am thankful I didn't do direct deposit!

Some people wonder why many of us farangs do not want to use the seasoned money in a Thai bank for our visa extensions, at least using the income method you can only lose a small amount to these crooks that work in the banks. There was another bank employee charged the other day with theft from bank accounts but the banks will not refund any lost money. With the seasoned money it is easy for even the Thai government to take the money from your account to buy the new warships from Russia the same as the ones that visited Pattaya the other week.

Her daughter should now go to the United Kingdom immediately, she has enough loot to buy her way in & apply be a front runner in either party for government in the next December election ......... she'd definitely fit in & be in the right company! 

Good old Kasikorn bank. 

My account stopped working on Thursday. 

Three days later and six resets, 90 baht in calls, a new pin, a new K plus card, and 300 baht, numerous signatures and copies of the passport.

And nobody has a clue..

Response..

Maybe I do something wrong. 

Its obviously a issue with this bank. 

Plus the Thais desire for possessions. 

Normally other people's. 

What's yours is mine. 

And what's mine, is my own. 

Terrible place for money scams. 

1 hour ago, murraynz said:

I don't think it can get much lower than this.... Stealing from your own ailing mother... Corruption and the desire for money, overides everything else, in Thailand.. 

Maybe she didn't have a farang to get the claws into?

2 minutes ago, dallen52 said:
1 hour ago, murraynz said:

Maybe she didn't have a farang to get the claws into?

or maybe mum is a widow-of-farang?

- puts 2and2 together the daughter thought there was even more hidden?

3 hours ago, zaZa9 said:

Yep.

How do you think ANY of us would go trying the same thing in our respective countries ??

I cant hear you ?

All those who say Banking is THE SAME here as at  home are talking through their orifices.

Some of them don't really know where they are, others do, but are in perpetual denial.

15 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

So according to this lame excuse anyone can march into a bank branch and clean out their close relative's bank account because they "wish to do so" and without bank staff demanding to see some legitimization?  

Yes, so it is, it seems to be done quite often and by many banks, in total opposition to the rules supposedly(!) protecting an individual's assets entrusted to those bankers! And guess what, it looks like the lame excuse (when any...) is accepted by Police and Justice! Any malafide relative can ask whatever (s)he wants, it is the banks responsibility to enforce the rules it set itself, isn't it? But no, TiT I guess, I didn't hear of (out of the odd exception) banks restituating the irregularly withdrawn amounts...

P.S.: my "interest" in these abuses comes from several pharangs I knew about having been victim, the "relative" for them mostly being their local "wife" (married or not...) or even GF, unbelievable!

5 hours ago, Truthhurts said:

Embezzlement. Pffft.

It would never happen in good old back home.

Only good people live in farang countries and would never dream of ripping others off.

Yep nasty people everywhere .Fortunately though in most ' Farang' countries the police actually make an effort to catch and prosecute the fraudsters.

25 minutes ago, Xonax said:

I wonder how the old woman had become so unusually wealthy.

The other newspaper (does not allow to be linked here) has some details.

Three decades in business with building frames for air-conditioners.

Archived