BANGKOK
snoop1130

Daughter, bank employees sued for Bt250m embezzlement

1 minute ago, Ebumbu said:

How is this a civil lawsuit and not a criminal conspiracy being prosecuted by a criminal court? 

"The public prosecutor decided to sue the victim’s daughter and the four bank employees in a criminal case of embezzlement and faking documents."

I know, reading is difficult some times 😂

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Sadly will probably be a futile exercise. The usual response to such actions is "mai me dang(sp) " even if she wins I expect the money to be long gone and she will get very little to nothing back. More money gone on the lawyers fees etc.

Sad situation, but one that is not uncommon it would seem.

In any reputable country’s bank as their own employees colluded and enabled a third party to embezzle funds the bank itself would be liable 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

lol and i get laughed at when i recommend people to use UOB and Citibank here instead...

Why do you recommend those two Thai banks over the other Thai banks.   You do know that both of those banks in Thailand are registered Thai banks, yes?

Edited by Just Weird
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Sadly will probably be a futile exercise. The usual response to such actions is "mai me dang(sp) " even if she wins I expect the money to be long gone and she will get very little to nothing back. More money gone on the lawyers fees etc.

Sad situation, but one that is not uncommon it would seem.

The bank won't be able to say that if it loses!

RE - Meanwhile, KasikornBank has clarified in a statement that its employees proceeded according to the wishes of the customer's close relatives, with no ill intention. 

* Good intentions are always good, but of little help when the documents proves to be false and the responsibility kicks in - meaning payback time ... :thumbsup:

Rule 101 in Thailand as a farang look like a bum and  play poor, you be A OK. If you flash the cash you'll  have new friends everyday and if you every do win the lottery  say nothing...  As they come out like cockcroaches. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Nothing like stealing $8M from a sick old lady.

Does anyone know if she's single?

u into "gum jobs" ??

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bergan said:

"The public prosecutor decided to sue the victim’s daughter and the four bank employees in a criminal case of embezzlement and faking documents."

I know, reading is difficult some times 😂

I read that. In the US, a criminal case is called a prosecution or indictment. I got thrown off by the word, "sue." In my experience, you sue someone in a civil case. OK, they're being prosecuted for a crime. All is right in the world. 

• Like 1

...and I thought it was only foreigners who could be criminals. Maybe shell get a 5000 baht fine and told not to do it again.

RE - Daughter, bank employees sued for Bt250m embezzlement

* Hmm, I wonder why it came to my mind that this case may take a while and most likely will end in a quiet settlement outside the court ... 🤔

5 hours ago, nchuckle said:

In any reputable country’s bank as their own employees colluded and enabled a third party to embezzle funds the bank itself would be liable 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Why do you recommend those two Thai banks over the other Thai banks.   You do know that both of those banks in Thailand are registered Thai banks, yes?

they both habe private banking.

private bankers are usually singaporean here and the only ones on that employment level to have access to your bank account.

i am a longterm customer of both banks in Singapore. in other words if one of their thai <deleted> would steal my money i am sure both of then would make up for it asap without me having to go into thai tv and thai news to make them look bad. 

same reason you use an international law firm here, an international architect studio etc - thai have reputation to lose if one of their employes <deleted> up. 

your naivite level is worldclass. fools and their money are soon be parted. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:
8 hours ago, Just Weird said:

they both habe private banking.

So what?  They're both Thai banks, staffed mainly by Thais and subject to BoT regulations.  The nationality of those that deal with you are irrelevant to my comment.