IO intentionally put entry stamp 8 pages from other stamps

Glenn128

Just got stamped in at the airport, and while I can't claim to know for certain the intent, it really seemed as though the IO went out of his way to put my entry stamp way in the center of my passport. So now there's a blank area of 8 pages (back to back) between this current stamp and all other stamps.

Anyone experienced this before? I am definitely in the camp of people with extensive entry history in Thailand, so while the actual stamp itself is definitely correct, I can't help but wonder if the placement is any kind of danger sign or not.

I think I vaguely recall reading someone talking about a problem with having the stamp way out of order in their passport, but can't remember the whole story. Wondering if anyone can tell me if this is something to be concerned over? Or is it much ado about nothing?

A few times happened to me, sometimes in Thailand sometimes other countries. 

One time I asked an imm officer if he could put his stamp on a partially used page, he deliberately stamped it on a new page also in the middle of the passport.

Look on the positive side, it will be easier to find the stamp now.

2 hours ago, userabcd said:

A few times happened to me, sometimes in Thailand sometimes other countries. 

One time I asked an imm officer if he could put his stamp on a partially used page, he deliberately stamped it on a new page also in the middle of the passport.

Look on the positive side, it will be easier to find the stamp now.

Sometimes feel like they are competing with themselves for who can be the biggest annoyance.. 

8 hours ago, userabcd said:

Some of them go out of their way to annoy you in any way possible.

He probably couldn't deny you entry so he found some other way to annoy you.

I did my marriage extension recently and the IO put the under-consideration stamp under the TM6 that was stapled into passport. A mild panic when I got home and couldnt find it to check it.

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

I did my marriage extension recently and the IO put the under-consideration stamp under the TM6 that was stapled into passport. A mild panic when I got home and couldnt find it to check it.

I check my stamp before I am out the door, then dance down the steps and through the car park!

10 hours ago, Glenn128 said:

I think I vaguely recall reading someone talking about a problem with having the stamp way out of order in their passport, but can't remember the whole story. Wondering if anyone can tell me if this is something to be concerned over? Or is it much ado about nothing?

Vietnam put all my entry/exit stamps on the back page of my passport.

Cambodia stuck my VISA right in the middle.

Don't think IOs are all that bright.

If you see an officer (or bank clerk or landlord rep) rummaging through the passport to find the front page, d'oh!, then you know you're in for a bit of a wonder. I'm not talking about looking over other stamps and permits, when they start upside down or back to front, or some such. I was inspired to report my experiences, after BritManToo wrote: "Don't think IOs are all that bright." Bingo. 

Got my retirement extension plus re-entry on Monday. My IO very neatly put both on one page, very nice thank you.

You would think that putting stamps chronologically would make any sort of investigation much easier, but unfortunately the word ....logically does not translate into Thai very well !

2 hours ago, steve187 said:

i think some posters on here have too much free time, a thread on where an entry stamp was placed

I think some of us may have too much free time as well by reading this rubbish . ????

11 hours ago, Mr Smithy said:

I have four stamps that were placed on the last but one page of my PP by Australian IO's - Thankfully Aus no longer stamps PP's

I've seen aussie IOs always seems to want to go to the back of the bus.  At least they were consistent...

OMG - you might face some trouble. As far as I know this is a secret hint for any other officials to always have a close look to what you do.

it might have also just been convenient for the IO to stamp in the middle of your passport or he needed an Inspiration for a number (page) for his next lotterie ticket? Who knows?

8 hours ago, steve187 said:

i think some posters ons here have too much free time, a thread on where an entry stamp was placed

Aint that the truth!  So many bitchy posters. Like a bunch of old women with blue rinse hairdo's sitting around a bridge table complaining.  Its actually quite funny.. He got the stamp...lol...

4 hours ago, dbrenn said:

Why didn't you ask him to void the untidily placed stamp, then apply another one more neatly?

Maybe because he was scared the IO would get annoyed and place a void then send him on a flight back home.

Archived