IO intentionally put entry stamp 8 pages from other stamps

Glenn128

There is a reason why they do the entry stamp like that. How often do you have to look for your entry stamp? Not very often. But the I/O at the next exit point has to search through your passport to try and find your last entry stamp, they are making sure that their mates at the exit point do more work than the ones at the entry point. There is no secret message just something to cause problems with their own workmates.

its no different than them putting a stamp that isn't in a quadrant of the page as the intent was or putting the 12th stamp on the same page because that can't flip 3 pages to a fresh page.  I have 2 sets of extra pages in my passport and they have yet to be touched.  Its like they have a curse or something.  Most of my other pages have more than 4 stamps on them.  Go figure.  

19 hours ago, jackdd said:

Maybe in his previous life he worked as IO in Vietnam and got confused. (In Vietnam they like to stamp on the last page of the passport)

They do this in some Muslim country I visited since they read from right to left. When my wife left Thailand on her first ever passport the IO stamped in the middle of the third page...

7 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Got my retirement extension plus re-entry on Monday. My IO very neatly put both on one page, very nice thank you.

You would think that putting stamps chronologically would make any sort of investigation much easier, but unfortunately the word ....logically does not translate into Thai very well !

Plus a lot of IO are like a bunch of roses

Theres lots of <deleted>

20 hours ago, userabcd said:

A few times happened to me, sometimes in Thailand sometimes other countries. 

One time I asked an imm officer if he could put his stamp on a partially used page, he deliberately stamped it on a new page also in the middle of the passport.

Look on the positive side, it will be easier to find the stamp now.

I find other countries worse at doing this, it also annoys me when they leave too many gaps(new passports are costly). In the past, I've found Thai immigration excellent at going back several pages, to find a gap for their stamp

20 hours ago, jackdd said:

Maybe in his previous life he worked as IO in Vietnam and got confused. (In Vietnam they like to stamp on the last page of the passport)

In the philippines as well, at least in 2010

8 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Got my retirement extension plus re-entry on Monday. My IO very neatly put both on one page, very nice thank you.

You would think that putting stamps chronologically would make any sort of investigation much easier, but unfortunately the word ....logically does not translate into Thai very well !s

It happens... The Immigration Officers most of us encounter at the Airport are generally the lowest down the food chain in the Immigration Police Department and generally poorly educated. Sat there doing such a menial task all day long and expected to keep up to a rate of 1 person per minute - they don't really give a flying hoot where they stamp, its of no consequence or relevance to them.... until they spend longer than their allotted 1 minute trying to find the same stamp upon your departure !

On 11/19/2019 at 8:48 PM, jackdd said:

Same in Greece many years ago. I think it's because it's the fastest way to do it. 

20 years ago, the US had the photo in the passport laminated. The laminate started peeling, but i still had years left on it. Got to old Don Muong, and the IO starts picking at the photo, pulling it at the sides and making it worse while having a dumb smile on his face similar to a dull toddler unable to grasp that the round peg goes in the round hole and the square peg goes in the square hole. I got back out of thailand, but he passport had to be replaced.

I think it is more a case of not really caring where they stamp, not their problem. They are not going to waste time optimising your passport space. I need to go to VFS in a few months for a new UK passport as I am down to 2 empty pages so it's time. However there are also about 10 pages with just enough space for one more entry/exit stamp, but most times they would opt not to use them, just use a nice clean page!

On 11/20/2019 at 8:56 AM, wgdanson said:

You would think that putting stamps chronologically would make any sort of investigation much easier, but unfortunately the word ....logically does not translate into Thai very well !

Looking back through my last 6 passports non of them have stamps in anything like chronological order from any country though the entry and exit stamps are mostly together so why pick on THAILAND as they often managed to fit stamps to fill a page if I asked. 

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Looking back through my last 6 passports non of them have stamps in anything like chronological order from any country though the entry and exit stamps are mostly together so why pick on THAILAND as they often managed to fit stamps to fill a page if I asked. 

Sorry!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived