BANGKOK
Glenn128

IO intentionally put entry stamp 8 pages from other stamps

20 years ago, the US had the photo in the passport laminated. The laminate started peeling, but i still had years left on it. Got to old Don Muong, and the IO starts picking at the photo, pulling it at the sides and making it worse while having a dumb smile on his face similar to a dull toddler unable to grasp that the round peg goes in the round hole and the square peg goes in the square hole. I got back out of thailand, but he passport had to be replaced.

All over the world IOs are a law unto themselves when it comes to placing stamps in passports. Wouldn't worry about it.

I think it is more a case of not really caring where they stamp, not their problem. They are not going to waste time optimising your passport space. I need to go to VFS in a few months for a new UK passport as I am down to 2 empty pages so it's time. However there are also about 10 pages with just enough space for one more entry/exit stamp, but most times they would opt not to use them, just use a nice clean page!

On 11/20/2019 at 8:56 AM, wgdanson said:

You would think that putting stamps chronologically would make any sort of investigation much easier, but unfortunately the word ....logically does not translate into Thai very well !

Looking back through my last 6 passports non of them have stamps in anything like chronological order from any country though the entry and exit stamps are mostly together so why pick on THAILAND as they often managed to fit stamps to fill a page if I asked. 

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Looking back through my last 6 passports non of them have stamps in anything like chronological order from any country though the entry and exit stamps are mostly together so why pick on THAILAND as they often managed to fit stamps to fill a page if I asked. 

Sorry!

Damn, the OCD post has attracted 4 pages, really!

On 11/20/2019 at 12:55 PM, Moonlover said:

How long can we keep this up? 🙂

a fair while yet

43 minutes ago, steve187 said:
On 11/20/2019 at 12:55 PM, Moonlover said:

How long can we keep this up? 🙂

43 minutes ago, steve187 said:

a fair while yet

He who never forgets ay. 🙂

I have an old passport which I used during a gap year prior to university. It is almost impossible to track my travels as stamps are randomly scattered across the pages -