Top spots for taking GF out NYE in BKK?

Elkski

It looks like I will be in Bangkok for the new year.   Considering taking a non partying serious GF out for her first real NYE party night. 

Please give advice and approximate prices and clothing requirements because she will need a party dress because she only has the one I bought her before.   She is the darker-skinned Isaan gal and I don't want her to feel too intimidated by the hiso women but at the same time she has reason to be more proud about her future than most of the hi so women in Bangkok. And she is beautiful and more fit than  many half her age. 

For some reason when I land in Bangkok from Mountain Standard Time I become a zombie at 9 p.m. for the duration of my trip.  This year I will try to make it more like 11 p.m.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude I don't think I can help you on the party dress part since I stopped wearing them once I got too fat. 

And I cant help you on the New year's Eve part since I'm usually stuck in a crowd somewhere behind a tripod trying to take pictures of fireworks with a bottle of sang som in my back pocket and a few doobies.

that being said, if I was going to do it right, I'd be looking at trying to get into the top of the Maha nakhon building bar.

You can buy a party dress in and around Nana on the street for 200-300 b.

But, why even take a non party girl out late for partying?

I would buy her the dress, tell her how beautiful she looks, go eat, walk around and go home.

She probably would be happy with that. I know I would be.

Just because someone has never done something doesn't mean they may not like it.  Where do you imagine this discomfort comes from is it a class  distinction she feels? I just thought it would be nice to show someone what it's like to celebrate in a room full of nicely dressed people at midnight.  Maybe the countdown  a toast and midnight kiss. I'm not sure about Bangkok, when I've been to thai bars,  it's so crowded,  loud,  amd they stand around at their table and  dance inhibited and drink so much.   IT can be a rather  fun night at most USA  bars  on NYE.    It's a   fun bar  night like Halloween.  I just thought I would try to give her a fun new experience.   I don't think soi cowboy or Nana Plaza are on the menu for this night but the night I took her to crazy house they set us on the stools four feet from the stage stairs and it seemed to be a rather naked night at that! That was  a bit to much for her first time. 

Not sure on the cost but  I would say in the USA I could have a pretty fun time for 3,000 Baht at a bar.  they usually have a  cover charge on New Year's Eve. 

I could see a rooftop bar overlooking fireworks as fun.  She doesn't  drink and I only drink 1-2 drinks if any.  

"It looks like I will be in Bangkok for the new year.   Considering taking a non partying serious GF out for her first real NYE party night. 

Please give advice and approximate prices and clothing requirements"

Only one sensible choice: Nana Entertainment Plaza. Clothing optional. Approximate price: up to you ka.

2 hours ago, Thainess said:

"It looks like I will be in Bangkok for the new year.   Considering taking a non partying serious GF out for her first real NYE party night. 

Please give advice and approximate prices and clothing requirements"

Only one sensible choice: Nana Entertainment Plaza. Clothing optional. Approximate price: up to you ka.

Are you stupid? Did you read this thread what kind of a woman do you date that you take them out to Nana Plaza with clothing optional for New Year's Eve??? I don't think you're my kind of person so please don't comment on my post ever again

14 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Red Sky Restaurant New Year’s Eve Outdoor @ level 55th floor, 31 December 2019
8-Courses Gala Dinner served until 23.30 hrs at THB 16,555++ / 19,485.24 net per person
A complimentary bottle of G.H Mumm Grand Cordon Brut per couple
please contact us at [email protected]

ouch$$$

Same price u will find everywhere, octave rooftop, lebua, mahanakon, marriot 22 etc - they are all around 15-30k thb per person. 

54 minutes ago, Elkski said:

500-1000 USD?  Amazing.  Wow to think that is ok?

No it's a rippoff, NYE always is kinda, pretty much everywhere in the world, the main issue is that you can barely see any firework from most places. Most of these places have unlimited booze tho - that's why the prices. There are other rooftop bars where you can just pay an entry fee and order drinks a la carte.

https://bangkokmarriottmarquisqueenspark.com/dining/2020-neon-rooftop-countdown-at-abar-and-abar-rooftop/ abar has a la carte, 2800 thb entry, guess the drinks are charged per round then at the bar. If you are ok with standing you can find that in a lot of places, what gets expensive is a table...

Check out icon siam, asiatique and central world if you don't want to waste that much, but it's super packed there and tons of people... 

There's also rivercruises on boat that cruise into midnight.

6 hours ago, Elkski said:

Are you stupid? Did you read this thread what kind of a woman do you date that you take them out to Nana Plaza with clothing optional for New Year's Eve??? I don't think you're my kind of person so please don't comment on my post ever again

You took yours to crazy house, so what is the difference? 

I can't stay up till 2 or whatever don't be silly. I just have not partied that much in Thailand after 10 I must admit.  I've had my party days amd dont miss them.  I like the river  fireworks idea.  The Hilton has no rooms.  I'm working on reservations for dinner and night out. Perhaps mixx club but can do that any night. Yes crazy house.  You think I would take her to a <deleted> go go bar?  One of my favorite things to do is to go to SOI cowboy and drink a beer from 8 to 9 during the happy hour on a seat overlooking the street and watching all the workers come to work and grab their food. Taurus sometimes families are walking by and people taking video for their blogs. It's best to sit by the one store that's mid Ali to watch the women buy fresh fruit at the store and and pick up supplies for the night. I find it a fascinating People watching place. One time I even saw the husband of a hotel owner go down the street and when he saw me he tried to hide his face. It's also fun to watch the foreigners with their wives walk by and see me with my beautiful woman and wish they were single. 

I am checking all of your suggestions and I like the fireworks by the river idea thank you very much NC

20 minutes ago, Elkski said:

It's also fun to watch the foreigners with their wives walk by and see me with my beautiful woman and wish they were single. 

lol because they were crazy for your old girl and not the other 200 hundred  fit young 20 year olds in mini skirts.  Man you must be seroiusly in love to be imagining all that

there is a difference between a 20 year old bargirl and my "old  Woman" for sure.. but I can tell you she has a better body than 50% of the young bargirls and a more beautiful face than 70%. and a few hundred thousand less miles on the suspension.  How many of those 20 somethings have 1 or more children? and other gifts to give you? or do you like wearing raincoats your whole life?

I know there are those of you guys 60+ who have no interest in forming a friendship lasting more than 20 minutes with a woman.  that is fine. its your choice.. I will reserve judgement until we meet on the other side and compare notes then.  I could see spending  7,000- 10,000 each for dinner and a fun night and a table, however since we wont be drinking so much the all inclusive places at 25,000 are not going to happen.   I like the idea of the fireworks by the river... that millennium Hilton is sold out as are river views at Ibis.  but we are working on dinner reservations and a hotel near the river for 1-3 nights.  its promoted by TAT, what could go wrong>?

13 minutes ago, Elkski said:

but I can tell you she has a better body than 50% of the young bargirls and a more beautiful face than 70%. and a few hundred thousand less miles on the suspension.  How many of those 20 somethings have 1 or more children? and other gifts to give you? or do you like wearing raincoats your whole life?

Just wow. Nothing like an old man that's pussy whipped . Enjoy

how am I pussy whipped?   I have lived enough and looked enough and feel this woman is special and we could be happy together for more than a night.  perhaps I am a better hunter than you or not jaded towards women ?  I fully understand what is available to a man like me in SE Asia.   We all get to live life how we want.  I may make mistakes along the way but that is life. You maybe should worry about your life and not be so mad. 

But This thread is just about enjoying a NYE night out. Things like this require planning.  It appears many couples  are booking nights out as many places are unavailable.  I just finished a task here and just was able to book a trip to Thailand. 

Archived