Top spots for taking GF out NYE in BKK?

Elkski

2 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Go to see the big fireworks at the river. Find a nice bar in Asiatica

we are leaning this way.... GF suggested dinner in Asiatica already.  thanks for your help. She has lived in BKK for long time but is not familiar with the nightlife or  many fancy restaurants.  at least that is the story. I know the risks.  im not that old at 59. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OP 

Locations for NYE 

1. any nice hotel on the river.

2. the river boat tours

Both have nice buffets and good meals with music and you can dance.  The fireworks at midnight are awesome to watch from the river.

As to a party dress

My sugggestion is to take her to Terminal 21 and let her look around.  Lots to choose from and they will let her try on the dress to see if she likes it and it looks good.

She will enjoy any of these things have been in your position and found that these all work.

9 hours ago, Elkski said:

know there are those of you guys 60+ who have no interest in forming a friendship lasting more than 20 minutes with a woman

20 minutes? Was that zero a typo? I havent seen 20 minutes since 1973, and 15 of that was begging.

Why not try a River Cruise? Not too many hisos but lots of people getting dressed up to enjoy a trip down the river, with a varied selection to eat and drink ( depending on your taste and needs) plus the advantage of seeing the fireworks displays at midnight from the riverside hotels and condos. Sounds a good compromise for you and your lady and not as expensive as downtown or riverside hotels. Will need to book soon though 

I will look into a river cruise.  

Yes she is different  than many.  Hopeful  that things work  out but I take rach day as it comes.  Most of my life has worked out well.  Old gal compared to my grown  daughters but plenty youthfull looking for me. I'm well read on all the risks of a Thailand woman.   But life isnt a train on rails.  

Khao Sahn road on new years eve is said to be pretty wild and not expensive. Lots of bars and action on the street. Dress obviously informal.

Not my scene at all but different strokes for different folks.

Can be a hassle getting a taxi late at night so somewhere within walking distance of your accommodation would be more convenient.

23 hours ago, Elkski said:

Are you stupid? Did you read this thread what kind of a woman do you date that you take them out to Nana Plaza with clothing optional for New Year's Eve??? I don't think you're my kind of person so please don't comment on my post ever again

Calm down and lighten up. In Thailand it doesn't pay to take anything too seriously. 

57 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

These all have potential  romantic,  dramatic,  food, cocktails and good view of fireworks

http://www.bangkok.com/top10-rooftop-bars.htm

it seems all roof top bars are 15000/pp and up.  i like the idea of river walk area.. yes a taxi may be impossible.  IS grab still up?

2 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

She doesn't  drink and I only drink 1-2 drinks if any.  

Edited Wednesday at 07:52 PM by Elkski

The makings of a crazy fun night right there.

its sad if you think you have to drink to have fun. I used to be like that... Have you tried life sober?

11 hours ago, Elkski said:

my "old  Woman" for sure.. but I can tell you she has a better body than 50% of the young bargirls and a more beautiful face than 70%. and a few hundred thousand less miles on the suspension. 

Photo please.

12 hours ago, Elkski said:

It's also fun to watch the foreigners with their wives walk by and see me with my beautiful woman and wish they were single. 

You do realize they think she's a hooker, right?? Quite funny that you would think an Isaan girl is innocent.

NYE in Bangkok is terrible - every venue is severely overpriced, taxis rip you off (if you can even find one), and everywhere is so packed you can't even stand without getting shoved every 10 seconds. Last year I just stayed home. The year before we went to Khao San because my gf begged me to go, no good deed goes unpunished and I immediately regretted it the moment we got there. I'll never understand why people consider getting packed and shoved around like cattle fun.

2 hours ago, Elkski said:

i like the idea of river walk area.. yes a taxi may be impossible. 

Asiatique is a good option, many food choices at regular prices, live concert with some famous names (Tata Young last year I think), and kind of an upscale night market feel. A good place to see the fireworks. 

Taxi is best avoided, skytrain will run late (2am) and there's a shuttle boat from Saphan Taksin BTS to the venue. 

3 hours ago, kwak250 said:

She doesn't  drink and I only drink 1-2 drinks if any.  

Edited Wednesday at 07:52 PM by Elkski

The makings of a crazy fun night right there.

well nobody will wake up on the toilet floor naked covered in vomit then. Thats the downside of a crazy fun night

Riverside has no online availability that night but we will call. Are condo for 4 nights is right above Asiatica.  We will have three  nights to explore the area from pat pong to mixx and asiatica.  Yes no  changovers.   And not to  drunk  for sex.   I'm an IPA drinker so pass water doesn't work. There is an amazing variety of great IPA available in  the USA.  About 80 baht at liquor  stores. 

I don't know why some people try to project their lifestyle choices and their idea of how you should live onto what others should do? I know TV censors things, they might as well just start chopping some people off the list that can post here.

we did book a few days in a  condo on the river near the Chatrium. so we will be within walking distance of that NYE.  we can do the Mixx club  another night.  Should be able to see the fireworks and it looks to only be 1 km from the River park.  Beauty and innocence are subjective. i like women who party where it matters 

11 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Considering taking a non partying serious GF out for her first real NYE party night. 

A non partying serious GF? ????

i just don't understand this... does a woman need to have alcohol or drugs in her blood to be ok with you?  does she need to be the life of the party?   do you like the wild ones who looks so cheap and trashy?  you can do what you want in your life... we all know how easy it is to get what you want..  I think developing a long term loving relationship  takes to much dedication and planning for many men.  I also think many men have such faults that any long term relationship reveals this so its best you keep things short time. 

3 hours ago, Elkski said:

I think developing a long term loving relationship  takes to much dedication and planning for many men.  I also think many men have such faults that any long term relationship reveals this so its best you keep things short time. 

Sheesh, you are a prissy dick. I'll wager you're being cuckolded. Hire a private eye before you spend a fortune on NYE on Somchai's gik.

1 hour ago, Why Me said:

Sheesh, you are a prissy dick. I'll wager you're being cuckolded. Hire a private eye before you spend a fortune on NYE on Somchai's gik.

PI is not a bad idea.  I've spent a thousand hours reading on the internet and TV this past 3 + years about the risks.  I'm not an expert about life or Thai women or relationships.   I'm not a monger or punter.   life is like a poker game.. I think I'm holding the cards to call or bet with.  I have been in the tournament money 2 for 2 this past week at the local bar game.  I have hit some bad beats in life but I still get up and go on.  

18 hours ago, Why Me said:

Methinks many are jealous that the OP has found himself a nice decent girl in a town full of hoes. Good luck to him.

On 11/21/2019 at 9:40 PM, Elkski said:

It's also fun to watch the foreigners with their wives walk by and see me with my beautiful woman and wish they were single.

555 you are a funny fellow. All those guys made a commitment. You're just shagging some bird and a brown, simple minded up country one at that. You don't even live in Thailand.

My wife is no super model but the only guys I see with more attractive companions are 20 years younger than me with their arm around a part time prostitute. Of course, they're too glossy eyed to see that but I see that woman for exactly what she is.

I wonder how long you'll be with this blossom? Whether you'll make her an honest woman or just keep screwing her for free? Of course we know it's not free eh? Even if it is she's anticipating you'll marry her. So basically you're just chumping along.

Have some respect for people. Lots of simple honorable men in long term marriages.

Getting screwed by an attractive woman from issan everyone can do. Being married twenty years, not so much. Pull it up sunshine. You're just a tourist commenting on expatriates lives here.

Archived