Savannakhet non-O (retirement) document question

Hi all.

I'll be heading to Savannakhet after the first of the year to pick up a new non-O (retirement) visa. I have looked at all the requirements and have all but one squared away. As noted below, item 5 is not particularly clear. Even with ubonjoe's good translation, it is still not clear what document is needed. Is is merely a form I fill out swearing I am retired and then the consulate stamps it? Is there some standard form that is used? Has anyone done a non-O (retirement) visa at Savannakhet recently who can enlighten me on what they are actually looking for? 

Many thanks

David

--------------------------------------

Required documents

Visa application form [Download] which is completely filled out and signed by the applicant
Original passport or travel document (must not expire within 180 days and contain at least two complete empty visa pages) and A copy of passport (The page(s) shows the applicant’s photo, name, date, and place of birth and the expiration date of passport)
Two (2) photos of the applicant (3.5 x 4.5 cm, taken within 6 months)
Bank statement (minimum of THB 800,000) or Certification of Income (minimum of THB 65,000 monthly)
Official letter from the concerned Embassy/Consulate of applicant's nationality (unobjoe translated the Thai which actually says: "5. Certificate of retirement from the embassy of that person with that nationality")
Visa Fee: 2,000 Baht (Single Entry)

• Like 1

There is no standard from for the proof of retirement. 

A simple affidavit stating you are retired would work. I think they would accept about anything with a embassy stamp on it.

Perhaps a certified copy of your SSA statement if getting it would work (check with embassy to see if they would do it). Or a affidavit attached to it stating it is true and correct.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just as a followup. I received a reply from the Thai Consulate in Savannakhet concerning what item 5 means. They said "for No.5 is the letter from your governor [I think they mean government] like social security or letter from retirement service. these said that you are retired." The way I read that is that you can use the Social Security statement that comes out at the end of the year telling you what your next year's monthly payment will be and, in my case, the annuity statement from the State of Texas that does the same thing. No indication that it has to be stamped by the U.S. consulate. Their answer makes more sense than what is posted on the website.

It may be academic at the moment. From what I understand, they are not currently doing SE Non-O based on retirement at Savannakhet.

Best to all

David

6 minutes ago, Genericnic said:

It may be academic at the moment. From what I understand, they are not currently doing SE Non-O based on retirement at Savannakhet.

I have seen no reports stating that they are not doing them.