MoU on collaboration with Korean agency in EEC approved

webfact

The Nation

800_97e7dea3f1dd59c.jpg?v=1574165550

Deputy spokeswoman Ratchada Thanadirek

The Cabinet yesterday (November 19) approved the draft memorandum of understanding (MoU) on collaboration between the Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA) and the Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC) Office.

Deputy spokeswoman Ratchada Thanadirek said the MoU will be signed by Thailand and South Korea during Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha's participation in the Asean-ROK Commemorative Summit during November 25-26 in Busan, Republic of Korea.

The MoU covers collaboration between the two countries on business, industrial development in the EEC and high tech industries such as robotics, next generation automotive, smart electronics, bio technology, space technology and smart cities.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30378518

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-11-20

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The MoU covers collaboration between the two countries on .....

Why can't the MOU be done at the ASEAN level?

But I believe that it is the nature of the past and current regime on the one hand claim to be the Hub of ASEAN and on the other hand to enter into individual foreign trade agreements.  

5 hours ago, webfact said:

I am guessing MoU's are treated with about as little respect and are as worthless as bilateral trade agreements as Australia found out when PM Prayut dispossessed Kingsgate Mining of Thailand's only gold mine for alleged ulterior motives using his Article 44. 

As for the EEC, this Prayut dream seems to be withering on the vine as the baht grows stronger, the global economy grows weaker and court cases against foreign investors gather momentum (Kingsgate/Hopewell).

Archived