TAT invites travellers to apply for Thailand e-visa online

1 hour ago, lkv said:

Travellers decline the invitation.

600 baht service fee is insulting. Not to mention 2,500 baht service fee for 24 hour approval.

No service fee at the airport or 200 baht for fast track (and that takes about 10 minutes).

The fees are because they are processed by a private contractor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lkv said:

600 baht service fee is insulting. Not to mention 2,500 baht service fee for 24 hour approval.

No service fee at the airport or 200 baht for fast track (and that takes about 10 minutes).

Travelers decline the invitation....until Thai immigration makes it the only way to obtain the VOA.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, lkv said:

I think many will do it to avoid the long line to apply for it on arrival. The might consider the 600 baht a small amount to pay to avoid it.

I think most people would apply well in advance instead of waiting until almost last day.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, lkv said:

But is this an offer/invitation they cannot refuse? Can they still apply on entry? If not there will be another drop in tourist numbers as their evisa website is extremely difficult to use even when u speak and read English in which the website is written. These poor b u g g e r s, most of whom probably have little command of english will have no  f e k k i n chance! Talk about the blind leadin the blind!

7 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Can they still apply on entry?

Of course they can (at least for now).

This news article is in fact old news, this so called e-VOA with a 600 baht service fee has existed for at least 6 or 12 months, I can't recall exactly.