where to rent motorbike?

parafareno

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

The best answer you will get know is: In a motorcycle rentel place.

I assume the op wants some recommendations for a rental place that is affordable and won't rip them off,

there are many rental places all over  Pattaya city  maybe someone has a recommendation for a good place.

I rented a motorbike last May at a shop in the Soi Buakhao area, but I wouldn't recommend the place.  The speedometer was disconnected and I never knew if I was speeding or not.  I think the shop owner did this to keep the kilometers off the odometer.  Also, the guy would siphon most of the gas out of the tank when bikes were returned.  That way customers would have to buy gas from him.

I would recommend asking to do short test rides of motorbikes, to make sure the speedometers work, before you rent one.

Be aware that if you drive with an International Driving Permit or a short term license, you can get a DUI with a BAC of 0.02%.  That is one beer for most of us.  You need to have a 5 year Thai driver's license to have the the limit 0.05%.  This law helps the police make money from tourists.

Archived