J.C on immigration cooking the retiree frog....

fforest1

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with all of this.....

Things did not get like this overnight.....

Each new immigration change for the last 10 years has been for the worse....

So it seems the only change immigration wants is more bad change....So expect more bad...

41 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

I agree with all of this.....

Things did not get like this overnight.....

Each new immigration change for the last 10 years has been for the worse....

So it seems the only change immigration wants is more bad change....So expect more bad...

Yes, I've been thinking much the same thing. They were already gradually tightening the rules before the military took over in 2014, but since then they've become totally paranoid. Now that we're stuck with a quasi-military government forever more, or so it seems, I'm afraid I can't find any reason why they would want to relax the rules for retirees again. Rather, the opposite is likely, and the thumbscrews will probably continue to be tightened.

The big question is, do you stick around until some change finally makes it too expensive or difficult to stay living here, or do you just take the pragmatic approach and find somewhere more welcoming and friendlier to live while you've still got plenty of time to arrange the move from Thailand?

None of this really affects tourists, only the high Baht but that is a different story, as for retirees I find personally that nothing has changed, even the TM30 hasn't affected me as I don't travel abroad and as for going to a different province my IO doesn't think that that needs a TM30. I get my embassy letter from the German embassy but I never-the-less make sure my monthly pension goes into a Thai bank account that I have had for 14 years via Transferwise which saves me the ATM fees that I used to have to pay. I already have a Thai health insurance since many years but it has never been asked for by the IO. Whether the IO makes life difficult probably depends on where you live, for us country yocals where the IO's are small and therefore more friendly and personal nothing has changed.

4 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

None of this really affects tourists, only the high Baht but that is a different story, as for retirees I find personally that nothing has changed, even the TM30 hasn't affected me as I don't travel abroad and as for going to a different province my IO doesn't think that that needs a TM30. I get my embassy letter from the German embassy but I never-the-less make sure my monthly pension goes into a Thai bank account that I have had for 14 years via Transferwise which saves me the ATM fees that I used to have to pay. I already have a Thai health insurance since many years but it has never been asked for by the IO. Whether the IO makes life difficult probably depends on where you live, for us country yocals where the IO's are small and therefore more friendly and personal nothing has changed.

No one is immune to the rising tide of visa problems.....The rising tide should concern all even those on dry ground... 

"GREAT TRY," I agree with everything you say.  I am afraid the more this is brought the more it falls on "DEAF EARS!!" A majority of Retiree's here in Thailand feel as you do. My Thai wife, believe it or not, is the one that wants out. She feels that I am being treated like you said "A CRIMINAL" where in previous employment with the U.S. Embassy I worked with the Thai Government as she feels we are being "INSULTED!" I believe in the long run only when the Thai Government sees the end result where Retirees are leaving, not traveling, spending less and they see an exodus of us all not returning then they may change their outdated regulations. For now they say change is coming, however their deadline passes with "No Results!!" Wait till next year, it will only get worse in my opinion. Good Luck to All.

At 2:50 he states that foreigners to the US can get residency and citizenship as though that's not an option for foreigners in Thailand.  Permanent Residency and citizenship is possible here also if the requirements are met just as the wonderful US has requirements that have to be met by foreigners.

8 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

The vlogger in question is a ring piece. I can remember his vlogs when the embassies stopped their income letters. Perpetrated lies. A clickbait junkie with no morals. IGNORE!

Please point out for us which points he is making up or wrong on....

Admittedly he is not breaking any new ground...But this is a pretty good summery of the visa situation..... 

5 minutes ago, fforest1 said:
17 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

The vlogger in question is a ring piece. I can remember his vlogs when the embassies stopped their income letters. Perpetrated lies. A clickbait junkie with no morals. IGNORE!

Admittedly he is not breaking any new ground...But this is a pretty good summery of the visa situation..... 

PR and citizenship.

28 minutes ago, Dan747 said:

"GREAT TRY," I agree with everything you say.  I am afraid the more this is brought the more it falls on "DEAF EARS!!" A majority of Retiree's here in Thailand feel as you do. My Thai wife, believe it or not, is the one that wants out. She feels that I am being treated like you said "A CRIMINAL" where in previous employment with the U.S. Embassy I worked with the Thai Government as she feels we are being "INSULTED!" I believe in the long run only when the Thai Government sees the end result where Retirees are leaving, not traveling, spending less and they see an exodus of us all not returning then they may change their outdated regulations. For now they say change is coming, however their deadline passes with "No Results!!" Wait till next year, it will only get worse in my opinion. Good Luck to All.

Yes-my Thai wife wanted out as well.

6 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

I admit, I didn't watch it. Life's too short. Have watched his vlogs before. A complete BS artist.

Just now, Just Weird said:

At 2:50 he states that foreigners to the US can get residency and citizenship as though that's not an option for foreigners in Thailand.  Permanent Residency and citizenship is possible here also if the requirements are met just as the wonderful US has requirements that have to be met by foreigners.

And any one can become a billionaire or a famous movie star too....Sure its possible...But the bar is set so high that its not a option for the vast majority of foreigners....And if your not employed by a company in Thailand and a tax payer citizenship is not a option at all even if you have lived in Thailand for 50 years... 

Just now, fforest1 said:

And any one can become a billionaire or a famous movie star too....Sure its possible...But the bar is set so high that its not a option for the vast majority of foreigners....And if your not employed by a company in Thailand and a tax payer citizenship is not a option at all even if you have lived in Thailand for 50 years... 

As I said, of course there are requirements, just as the US has it's own stringent requirements, regardless of what they are! 

He was trying to argue that those two options were something that the US offers but Thailand doesn't and he is wrong.

13 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

LomSak27, what's so "Sad" about that remark?  Is there something inaccurate about it or do you just not approve of someone stating the other side of a discussion?

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

As I said, of course there are requirements, just as the US has it's own stringent requirements, regardless of what they are! 

He was trying to argue that those two options were something that the US offers but Thailand doesn't and he is wrong.

US is a heck of a lot easier. Here it is near impossible.

4 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

I admit, I didn't watch it. Life's too short. Have watched his vlogs before. A complete BS artist.

From what you are spewing I would say YOU are the BS artist by far. JC has some great videos and seems like a great guy. When you even admit you havent watched the videos you get kind of obvious.

J.C. is currently denying that various immigration offices are demanding proof of an "approved Thai health insurance policy" for your next 12 month extension of stay (for those of us here on an original Non O-A Visa) even though there are numerous reports of this being the case in various different threads on this forum.

Apparently he does not follow the 1st hand reports here on this forum and is still in denial about certain issues that some of us are facing.

53 minutes ago, RobbyXNorway said:

From what you are spewing I would say YOU are the BS artist by far. JC has some great videos and seems like a great guy. When you even admit you havent watched the videos you get kind of obvious.

YMMV. You clearly haven't read the post you have replied to. I said that I haven't watched this vlog but have watched others from where I formed my opinion that he's a BS artist.

Archived