J.C on immigration cooking the retiree frog....

fforest1

4 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Why do Americans have more issues than the rest of us?

They very much do not like it when things do not go the way they want.   

The rest of the world has a little more experience with that.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, rumak said:

We told an (american) tenant that the huge lightbulbs she used to replace the previous ones were way above the specs called for .   She almost blew a fuse   LOL

2 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

They've created no hardship for me, or the vast majority of farangs living in Thailand who don't come on TV to vent their spleens making mountains out of molehills.

Immigration makes a minor change. Adapt, move on and enjoy life. Helps to adapt if others aren't spewing BS information at you.

Maybe because it's only those 3 embassies from the US,UK,AUS?

Nothing changed for germans, italians etc... statistically it makes sense that those are mostly complaining

7 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Maybe because it's only those 3 embassies from the US,UK,AUS?

Nothing changed for germans, italians etc... statistically it makes sense that those are mostly complaining

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Thailand#Expatriates

Expats in Thailand.

85,836 Brits

40,230 US citizens

25,000 (approx) Australians.

So why do the Americans make the most noise about immigration changes?

4 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I don't see where frogs come into this......????

Is" cooking a frog"" a saying of some sort?

Sadly this analogy will be lost on any Thai immigration officer listening as here they don’t cook frogs... Here frogs are just thrown live into the pestle and smashed up with the rest of the somtam... :coffee1:

7 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

Sadly this analogy will be lost on any Thai immigration officer listening as here they don’t cook frogs... Here frogs are just thrown live into the pestle and smashed up with the rest of the somtam... :coffee1:

Little Thai restaurant in pattaya does a great larb gorb.

4 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Expats in Thailand.

85,836 Brits

40,230 US citizens

25,000 (approx) Australians.

So why do the Americans make the most noise about immigration changes?

Yes, why ?

You give us estimation of Expats numbers, but here we are talking about Retirees.

No idea of ratio by countries of Retirees… :ermm:

It is pretty clear what the government officials want. They want hordes of obedient, easy Chinese tourists, going through their rigid schedule with flag guys showing where to go and do next.  Easy money they think. "Troublesome" westerners are not welcome unless he/she is monied and willing to spend like a fool.  

These money rules for retirees are totally kafka. Those rules are more and more even dependent on the official himself you are dealing with. Some are easier, some are hard-liners. Negative lottery ongoing.

Really feel sorry for some 70+ old guys, suddenly being denied a new visa for some minor detail that makes little sense. After years, even decades of complying with the rules and never overstaying... 

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

Yes, why ?

You give us estimation of Expats numbers, but here we are talking about Retirees.

I would imagine that they correlate with the numbers given, percentage wise. Wouldn't you? Or do you just want to argue that black is white?

7 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Perhaps you could explain something that has puzzled me. Whenever I see someone whining on TV that immigration has made life impossible for them and they are leaving Thailand it's, more often than not, an American. Why do Americans have more issues than the rest of us.

You talk about being this blogger being a BS artist??  You seem to have made this little fact up, care to share your research on that with us???  

3 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Already have. Read my previous posts.

I have. Nothing there.  You really have no substance.  Your avatar represents your low self esteem and need to attack others to build yourself up.

7 hours ago, rumak said:
7 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Why do Americans have more issues than the rest of us?

Perhaps you don't read Thaivisa. Try it sometime.  Brits and Aussies are (deleted) about immigration issues; monthly, yearly payments, Health care and TM30's at least as much as americans, actually a lot more. But don't take  my word for it, just click over to Ubon Joes domain for a concentrated reconnaissance in force. Have fun.

JC is more like a 2nd stage expat. 'It's all so great here and he feels so safe', yadda, yadda, yadda ... if he plays by the rules, no problems in LOS. Its just the whiners, cheats and skint Simons that get the wack. He is now finding out that ain't necessarily so. Oh My!

BTW speaking of naive talking head pats, how did "kev in Thailand's" go fund me campaign go? 

4 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

BTW speaking of naive talking head pats, how did "kev in Thailand's" go fund me campaign go?

Don't get me going on that! If you read the threads pertaining to him, you'll see me far more scathing on there. Kev's go fund me appeal went very well and is now in the back pocket of Rob in Thailand, another American vlogger and lowlife. Kev is back in the UK and putting his affairs in order.

30 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

J.C. lost me when he claimed that old foreigners spend way, way more money here than any Thai people do.

Twice!

Average Thai salary is about 16000 baht. Average farang retiree earns multiple times of that. 

17 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Perhaps you don't read Thaivisa. Try it sometime.  Brits and Aussies are (deleted) about immigration issues; monthly, yearly payments, Health care and TM30's at least as much as americans, actually a lot more. But don't take  my word for it, just click over to Ubon Joes domain for a concentrated reconnaissance in force. Have fun.

JC is more like a 2nd stage expat. 'It's all so great here and he feels so safe', yadda, yadda, yadda ... if he plays by the rules, no problems in LOS. Its just the whiners, cheats and skint Simons that get the wack. He is now finding out that ain't necessarily so. Oh My!

Why the edit ?   You were just getting warmed up.   Love your posts

On 11/20/2019 at 4:30 AM, DannyCarlton said:

The vlogger in question is a ring piece. I can remember his vlogs when the embassies stopped their income letters. Perpetrated lies. A clickbait junkie with no morals. IGNORE!

He puts bad spelling and bad grammar on his you tube front page which is deplorable and his high pitched whine is very irritating. I hate these kind of videos the contents of which could be covered in a text document and read quickly.

1 minute ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

He puts bad spelling and bad grammar on his you tube front page which is deplorable and his high pitched whine is very irritating. I hate these kind of videos the contents of which could be covered in a text document and read quickly.

Not to mention that he's telling his subscribers that "those with TRICARE will have no problem in getting an O-A Visa".  When asked how he simply replies that that info is posted on his "members site" (pay for membership) and touts them to become a member to access the info there.

The only info he provides is the Insurance certificate and rules regarding the two board member certificates and minimum coverage limits to meet eligibility etc.  He makes it sound like a breeze to get the certificate signed and translated and approved by a Thai Embassy in the USA.

When someone told him that there has not been a single case where anyone with TRICARE has been able to get an O-A using only their TRICARE insurance he simply does not respond.  It appears that he will not reply or respond when he is caught in a lie.  He's a scumbag and a half for sure.

47 minutes ago, Timwin said:
1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

J.C. lost me when he claimed that old foreigners spend way, way more money here than any Thai people do.

Twice!

Average Thai salary is about 16000 baht. Average farang retiree earns multiple times of that.

Then the 'average farang retiree' should have absolutely no issues posting the paltry annual immigration 'bonds' or, being unable to get medical insurance, self-insure to the order of a few hundred million baht, no?

After all, my point is J.C's unrealistic claim that farangs outspend ALL Thai people. Maybe he needs to tap on some of these flush farangs that he obviously hangs out with for a hand out?

3 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Yes, why ?

If people hear a lot of Americans and Brits complaining on these issues, it's probably because Americans and Brits make up the largest non-Asian expat populations by country here... according to various tallies.

64111750_1ExpatPopulationsinTHbyCountry2018.jpg.55e71e6435f10e4a682e991b0636f202.jpg

1279405360_2019-10Thaigovtissues80Kretirementvisas-extensions2.jpg.9014b0f04dc908483a42e1c0e2109283.jpg

2072791409_2010ReportonForeignPopulationinThailand.jpg.0a0e8e2fe3efee1049dd941ef6b1e089.jpg

Thai people don't know how to say 'no'. But all the actions indicate that certain foreigners except the rich are not welcome anymore.

JC, pay someone to put Thai subtitles in your video, you can't expect immigration to understand everything that you said.

16 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

You have no idea what my avitar means, try googling my name.

Well you are correct about that however you did not answer my previous post just blew it off.  Make sweeping statements based on BS and then blow it off.  You often write nothing more then high-fives to yourself about how you don’t have “that problem” and you don’t understand those idiots and everything is fake!!!  That is getting boring to read on every thread.  Maybe record it and playback to yourself over and over!!!!

9 minutes ago, EricTh said:

JC, pay someone to put Thai subtitles in your video, you can't expect immigration to understand everything that you said.

I think his Thai girlfriend could do that for him and if he was serious about getting someone of importance to even watch it then yes I agree, it should have had Thai cc or subtitles. 

2 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

I think his Thai girlfriend could do that for him and if he was serious about getting someone of importance to even watch it then yes I agree, it should have had Thai cc or subtitles. 

In case you hadn't notice, his Thai girlfriend's English is very elementary. He needs a professional translator who understands both Thai and English well.

2 minutes ago, amykat said:

Well you are correct about that however you did not answer my previous post just blew it off.  Make sweeping statements based on BS and then blow it off.  You often write nothing more then high-fives to yourself about how you don’t have “that problem” and you don’t understand those idiots and everything is fake!!!  That is getting boring to read on every thread.  Maybe record it and playback to yourself over and over!!!!

OK, will do! :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

BTW. I would never blow you off! In your dreams.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Archived