House sales commission

Wandr

10 hours ago, essox essox said:

three percent for a sale,......10 % for rent seems to be standard charges ......

10%? Normal I experience is 1 month rental for finding tenant for 1 year, pro rata.

management 5% of monthly rent.

Your mileage may be different but I thought this ws pretty standard.

That can work, but often an agent can get you a better price and faster sale - which pays the commission, and some. But that needs a good active agent not a lazy one who recommends a low price and sits back until a buyer turns up for an easy sale!!

11 minutes ago, beau thai said:

That can work, but often an agent can get you a better price and faster sale - which pays the commission, and some. But that needs a good active agent not a lazy one who recommends a low price and sits back until a buyer turns up for an easy sale!!

Agents just put them on Facebook so it's the same really

haha, No they dont! unless you pick the wrong agent! 

They have their own websites, also list on aggregators, and maintain a potential buyers list etc etc

Works fine for me here but I dont ask silly prices and I expect to be flexible within reason. same as in other countries.  Many seriously overprice sales and rentals and then moan about the agent. daft.

A good agent wont  take an overvalued property to list  becaues they will be too busy shifting sensible stuff. 

Archived