What paperwork for marriage visa Jomtien ?

Thanks for any replies ,i have a list in Thai from the woman in charge at Jomtien,but as we all know its best to find out first hand from someone who has done it ,this is my first time ,always used retirement before 

the house is in my wifes name ,i have a yellow book,and we were married in UK but all that paperwork done and have kor ror 22

so would just like to know what they exactly require 

thanks in advance

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Did you notice it is over 6 years old?

yes i had read it before ,but wanted something a little more up to date ,going for my 90 day tomorrow ,will ask her again ,but she is a bit on the miserable side ,would like to know if we need to take a witness or have pics with one outside our house etc .i know the "rules" can change from day to day and officer to officer .????

• Haha 1

A couple of things for Jomtien that are not on the official list. The photos cant be selfies, make sure there is no visible selfie stick/ arm in the photo. The map must be hand drawn, they wont take a google maps or copy.  Take chanote and blue book for property, not on the list but I was asked for it.

Usually the home visit is later the same day as you apply, (with 10 mins notice, lol) you will need a Thai with ID handy as the witness. Best to have condo office staff (or similar) as always available.

3 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

yes i had read it before ,but wanted something a little more up to date ,going for my 90 day tomorrow ,will ask her again ,but she is a bit on the miserable side ,would like to know if we need to take a witness or have pics with one outside our house etc .i know the "rules" can change from day to day and officer to officer .????

Photos are, you and wife outside house or condo block clearly showing name/ number, outside room if a condo showing room number, a photo at kitchen table together, on the lounge together etc. Witness is at home visit so have someone teed up who is always available, with their Thai ID and copy of their bluebook.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

A couple of things for Jomtien that are not on the official list. The photos cant be selfies, make sure there is no visible selfie stick/ arm in the photo. The map must be hand drawn, they wont take a google maps or copy.  Take chanote and blue book for property, not on the list but I was asked for it.

Usually the home visit is later the same day as you apply, (with 10 mins notice, lol) you will need a Thai with ID handy as the witness. Best to have condo office staff (or similar) as always available.

Thanks ,same day? wow ,will have to get one of our neighbours ,most are buisiness people so have work commitments and are not home till the evening , 

6 minutes ago, johng said:

It may have been started 6 years ago   but there is still recent and relevant information  last post   2nd March 2018

You could of shown one of the newer posts by clicking this image.png.1296dc0063dcbb01465e758e7a8b544f.png at the top of any post to get the link for it.

• Thanks 2

Just now, ivor bigun said:

Thanks ,same day? wow ,will have to get one of our neighbours ,most are buisiness people so have work commitments and are not home till the evening , 

Yes, its something they dont tell you, you can literally get a call an hour after you leave the office. (my wife is convinced the short notice is to try and catch you out)

And it can be hard to find the witness in the middle of the day, and they will want ID and blue book copy from them (and they will take photos of you with them).

It really is best to pre arrange someone who is always available at short notice and has the ID, 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yankee99 said:

My advice is there is always a paper they're asking for that you dont have dont get aggravated. Immigration has never visited my residence in 10 years of extensions. I let my wife do all the talking and i only sign papers. 

You and me both ,my wife is quite articulate, so i just tend to let her get on with it ???? 

On 11/20/2019 at 9:57 AM, ivor bigun said:

Mine was not the same day it was about 2wks later. witness required with their house book, 3 men arrived (plain clothed) took a few photos with me wife witness showing house number etc. none inside house this was back in April from Jomtien so may have altered since, their photos were in addition to the pictures you have taken yourself and presented at IO office!

Edited by maxcorrigan
  • Thanks 1

On 11/23/2019 at 6:28 PM, ubonjoe said:

I just clicked it on your post and it shows this.

image.png.242af10daedc45b4dbba3fe03ef3137c.png

Right click the link to copy it.

Thanks Ubonjoe,one other thing if its ok ,how long before my yearly is up can i apply for my marriage visa at Jomtien ,is it 4 weeks? thanks .