"King of Fake Booze" arrested in Bangkok - he's Malaysian

webfact

"King of Fake Booze" arrested in Bangkok - he's Malaysian

6pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

A Malaysian man who went by the nickname "David - King of Fake Booze" has been arrested. 

Real name Chan Fat Yat, 63, he had been supplying fake Johnny Walker, Chivas Regal and other brands to the market in Thailand for 30 years. 

He was charged with producing and distributing fake liquor and also being on overstay. 

A vinyl board at a press conference at the tourist police office at Suvarnabhumi airport yesterday itemised the extent of the Malaysian's activities headlining his "King David" nickname. 

Chan had associates in Hat Yai, sent in vital equipment by air, ordered old bottles of high end whisky to fill up and used organizations like Grab and Lineman to delivery his fake products. 

After information received from the south the tourist police in Bangkok moved and arrested the suspect in the parking lot of The Mall Bangkapi on Monday. 

A lot of evidence was presented at the press conference announcing his arrest after a criminal career spanning 30 years, reported 77kaoded. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-20

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Real name Chan Fat Yat, 63, he had been supplying fake Johnny Walker, Chivas Regal and other brands to the market in Thailand for 30 years. 

Even worse, he didn't file a TM30 report!

He was consequently charged 500 baht for supplying fake alcohol for 30 years, and arrested and charged an additional 2,000 baht for not giving notice of his residence in Thailand...

29 minutes ago, Tayaout said:
36 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Could you tell the difference between fake and real Johnny walker with a blind test?

One may get you blind the other not. 

Should that not be; "send" or "make" rather than "get". ????

Pretty sure enough of either, you will get blind.

Its extremely annoying when going to a bar and getting fake whisky... 

I sometimes don't want to drink beer, feel bloated etc... so I like to move on to Whisky, i.e. Jamesons, the issue is at so many bars its so obviously fake... additionally after just 2 or 3 glasses I can also notice in the morning after feeling a little rough (I don't suffer headaches etc when drinking the real stuff). 

1 hour ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Could you tell the difference between fake and real Johnny walker with a blind test?

Definitely...   I can especially tell fake Jamesons from the real stuff... 

The bigger issue for us [the consumer] is if we are drinking a lot of the stuff, the fake is made without controls or safety measures, the chemicals / type of alcohol used could be more damaging to us. 

1 hour ago, MadMuhammad said:
1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Maybe, but as a young lad i was told too much w++king made you go blind, well almost 60 years later my eye sight is still ok.:cheesy::cheesy:

I’m blind without corrective lenses. Take that as you will

OK, here goes:

Did you always use a plastic bag to catch the output?

3 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:
1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Maybe, but as a young lad i was told too much w++king made you go blind, well almost 60 years later my eye sight is still ok.:cheesy::cheesy:

Me too Colin. I always avoid too much working.

Rooster

You scrabble players! You just can't let it go can you?

Just like the darts player who accidentally superglued a dart to his hand - he just couldn't let it go.

Distilling ethanol is a relatively straight forward process. The first 50 to 100ml are discarded as this is mostly methanol (this is the stuff that can make you blind).

Flavourings of any type of spirit are easily available. Chivas, vodka in fact the list almost endless. In Oz you can buy kits to make your own. Once you have the starter kit yeast and flavourings are available online cheaply.

My guess is that this Malaysian was using this method.

Where people get into real trouble (full moon parties) is that the alcohol used is cheap methylated spirits which can kill. 

3 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Even worse, he didn't file a TM30 report!

He was consequently charged 500 baht for supplying fake alcohol for 30 years, and arrested and charged an additional 2,000 baht for not giving notice of his residence in Thailand...

Enough with the TM 30 , Garbage , could you be a lil more Original, geezus

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

30 years,so he had a good run,wonder why they go around to

arresting him now,making fake liquor or been on overstay,

which is the more serious crime.

regards Worgeordie 

Probably he didn't agree with getting bigger envelopes or there might be competitors around? ????

4 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

If I was blind tasting between these two, the answer would be a resounding Yep, no problem............:thumbsup:

(The empty one was finished before starting on the one on the right)

Johnnie-011.thumb.jpg.870871b284731017e4ac23485ce33751.jpg

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

You scrabble players! You just can't let it go can you?

Just like the darts player who accidentally superglued a dart to his hand - he just couldn't let it go.

Are you kidding!!

With WALKING, WARKING, WAUKING, WELKING and WICKING also to choose from.

Not to mention....;)

Rooster

2 hours ago, Jane Dough said:

Are you kidding!!

With WALKING, WARKING, WAUKING, WELKING and WICKING also to choose from.

Not to mention....;)

Rooster

In my after school Scrabble club at Harrow my daughter, then aged about ten, had a blank on her rack and had lined up <deleted>?KING. 

She thought for a few moments then put down FLUKING. 

Rooster

20 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

In my after school Scrabble club at Harrow my daughter, then aged about ten, had a blank on her rack and had lined up <deleted>?KING. 

She thought for a few moments then put down FLUKING. 

Rooster

Ha ha! A chip off the ***ck  - block.

As an aside, there's an excellent Aussie drama series about a pathologist called Daniel Harrow.

Every time he answers his phone with his surname,  I just can't stop imagining he's Chinese, speaking bad Engrish.

Archived