BANGKOK
webfact

Video: Insult to injury - pick-up revs off after "deliberate braking"

Video: Insult to injury - pick-up revs off after "deliberate braking"

8pm_VI.jpg

Thai caption: Braked causing collision - exhaust comes next

Sanook reported on CCTV footage posted on the site of the Chanthaburi municipality that showed a collision between a pick-up and a motorcycle. 

The media said the evidence was clear that the pick up driver had deliberately braked to cause the motorcycle following behind to collide with him. 

The pick up fled off into the night following the incident on Monday on Phraya Trang road in the eastern Thai city.

As he did so he added insult to injury - a face full of black exhaust smoke for the stricken motorcyclist. 

Fortunately the motorcyclist who was wearing a helmet is then seen getting up and walking to the side of the road. 

Netizens were calling for the driver to be arrested for his deliberate act, said Sanook. 

It was not reported if anything had led up to the incident. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-20

WARNING: The following video may be disturbing for some viewers. Discretion is advised

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

hahahaha, that'll learn the scoot rider for not staying a safe distance behind..

I had a scoot run into the back of my pickup and he landed in the tub body whilst the scoot got smashed to bits as it went under the pickup..... poor lad broke both legs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ahhh, the usual Mitsu Triton 4th Gen low rider..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The other lane was clear of traffic (as far as I could tell).   Why did the motorcycle follow so closely?  Why not just switch lanes?   

I'm not saying the pickup truck has to be an a**hole, but it's not like the motorcycle "had no choice".  It's sad what happened, but is he really the "victim"??

There is a larger problem with the general mindlessness of Thai driving, but.........well.....

let's hear what @Yinn thinks about the incident first.

Edited by 4evermaat

In the states it's called "brake checking". Drivers who are tired of others tailgating or following too closely sometimes do it. (I'm not saying it's right). I'm not sure about other areas, but in the state I lived in you were automatically at fault if you rear-ended another vehicle, the reason being that if you were following at a reasonable distance you would have had enough time to brake and not hit the vehicle in front of you.

That being said, does Thailand have a "legal following distance"?

• Like 1

The motorcyclist was driving too close otherwise he would have been able to stop in time.....no excuses at all. Kudos to the pick up driver.

37 minutes ago, VYCM said:

OMG, you are easily intimidated.

Best you keep away from driving

Did I say that I was intimidated or did I say "trying" to intimidate me?

Best you don't tailgate me, I like a bit of sport.

Edited by DannyCarlton
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1