Video: Insult to injury - pick-up revs off after "deliberate braking"

webfact

21 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

What ever the reason the pickup braked, the motorbike rider is 100% at fault for not riding in a manner / distance whereby he can brake in time.

Absolutely correct! A month ago I was making a right-hand turn in a NO PASSING zone when some clown on a Ninja with his big fat girlfriend on the back tried to pass me and hit the right side of my car at the back, shredding my tire and doing 20-30k in damage. He tried to complain at the police station that I didn't give him enough warning with my turn signal. The 3-star officer at the station agreed with me that the motorcycle was responsible, first, of not giving enough space in front of himself to be able to react to whatever, and secondly, of trying to pass in a no-passing zone. The fact that I also had front and rear video cameras in the car didn't hurt.

the fact is that while the braking in this instance my have been malicious, a child, for example, could have run into the road and necessitated exactly the same response from the driver. had the motorcyclist been riding appropriately to the road, other traffic/weather conditions, specifically regarding speed and safe distance from other vehicles, there is no way he/she would have hit the pick up.

On 11/20/2019 at 12:02 PM, richard_smith237 said:

What ever the reason the pickup braked, the motorbike rider is 100% at fault for not riding in a manner / distance whereby he can brake in time. 

That said, for the pickup driver to speed off like that he is obviously a tool, it looks like he deliberately caused an accident - we don't know that back-story, as Keith above mentioned the MC rider could have been threatening, he could have had a gun etc... 

Are you one of these paranod farangs that think everyone carries a 'shooter'?

My experience is i've never encountered personally produce a gun to me or seen a gun produced to anyone else and i'm not a saint.

I think it's definately exagerrated.

On 11/20/2019 at 3:03 PM, richard_smith237 said:

You are giving Kudos to someone who (possibly) deliberately caused an accident, most definitely injured someone and then sped off without any concern for the victim and without offering any assistance. 

Do you generally give kudos to those who would inflict pain on others and not assist ?

Seemed to be ok to me, was up and walking fine towards the end of VDO.

Probably off for a night cap......or 6!

Archived